Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 31st August 2009, 16:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Rajat, being an existent Uno and Palio Owner, please find my opinion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
  1. How reliable are Fiat Products (in India) ? - I read in a thread here at tbhp that a Fiat Punto's alternator got busted. Though this may happen to any car, just asking a honest opinion of Fiat owners here
  1. FIAT products are well engineered but if something goes wrong, you would be able to do Jugaad. It will have to be replaced by original and they do cost a bit. But I understand with the Punto the spare parts prices have been brought down quite a bit
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
  2. How is the A.S.S for Fiat products? (coverage, customer experience, support) - Why I am asking this is that I frequently go to the hills and highways and would expect a decently quick service in the event of a break down. I trust Fiat's customer service but doubtful when its being provided by Tata (have heard a lot of stories about Tata guys not as good as the Japs/Itals)
  3. Even though TATA service network is extensive, not all TATA workshops are equipped to handle FIATs. I don't think you should have any problems incase of breakdowns.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:06   #47
BHPian

Hi Rajat.

1>Fiat products are extremely reliable.
2>Less service intervals than maruti.
3>ASS is also good but don't compare it with maruti as its a new beginning for fiat with tata but they are doing great job to keep fiat owners happy i have not faced any problem for spares for my palio 1.9 D.
4> And the pleasure of owning a fiat its all together different experience in terms of ride, handling ,breaking the solid feel the steearing responce ,attention given to small details.
5> Spares are cheaper than maruti.As my palio's spares are cheaper than switf's.

Go for her am sure you wont regret the decission,she is the best hatch.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:17   #48
BHPian

Hi Rajat. I just made my first visit to TASS. I have posted my experience there and it might be of interest to you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1458723-post71.html

BTW, I also had a Fiat Siena 1.6 earlier. Even then I did not really have any problems with the A** or spares and the car was extremely reliable.
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:18   #49
BHPian

Hi Rajat, just to back what parimal just mentioned. I have covered 10700 Km in my Linea MJD. Spares availability is no more an issue. They stock up pretty well. I had purchaged side mirror cover (Rs. 51 + tax + painting Rs. 250). I have a slightly damaged back bumper, hit by a bike. I inquired the cost. Rs. 3500 + painting. Hopefully, it will come within 4.5K with labour and everything. Compare this with a SX4 bumper that costs 9K.

On top of it, the service manager I visit has been more than kind and warm. Service interval is 15Mm or one year even for the diesel. Engine oil change is also 15Mm (about 3.2L of synthetic oil for the diesel model). So, expect the maintenance to be very very cheap.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:16   #50
BHPian

Good story indeed Rajat. If you have such a good story before the purchase, I'm counting on a better one once you buy it and start enjoying it!!
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Rajat, being an existent Uno and Palio Owner, ..........[/list]
Eh? When did a Palio enter the picture, I thought the stables housed a Mahindra, Uno and a Maruti.

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Party please (and a thread on the acquisition).

Cheers,
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Eh? When did a Palio enter the picture, I thought the stables housed a Mahindra, Uno and a Maruti.

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Party please (and a thread on the acquisition).

Cheers,
The Palio is my wife's and has been since Oct 2003. Earlier it was being driven by my FIL majorly when we were out of Hyderabad but is being driven by my wife now as FIL is upgrading to an OHC ( as per my advise)
Old 7th September 2009, 18:43   #53
BHPian

I totally agree with MileCruncher there. . I have had many altercations with my wife for the same.
Closed Thread