Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2009, 15:15   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default Great New Business Ideas for Start Ups!

Hey Folks,

Keeping future trends in mind what new concepts do you guys reckon could be sucessful business enterprises in the following categories:

Internet
Allied Services
Financial
Real Estate
Manufacturing
Medicine

Inputs could also include new business ideas recently launched and doing well. Your inputs would be much valued

Last edited by canonball : 7th September 2009 at 15:20.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:18   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,713
Thanked: 1,085 Times
Default

I dont think anyone would simply disclose their million dollar ideas just like that
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:26   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Your inputs would be much valued
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I dont think anyone would simply disclose their million dollar ideas just like that
My inputs will be valued but not millions, just 1000 usd per idea.[recession time discount rate for bhpians ]
Any takers?

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 7th September 2009 at 15:34.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:37   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,240
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Medicine. People will keep falling sick. Swine Flu and all that jazz...

I am no business man though.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:47   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default

Bio-fuels/alternative fuels.
Medicines.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:52   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,562
Thanked: 80,413 Times
Default

The travel industry will only grow, what with disposable incomes & time. If you're thinking at the high end of the market, work along the lines of "premium all-inclusive travel holidays" around India. Cater to a global clientelle. One of the major apprehensions that foreigners have, while planning a Indian holiday, is security & hygiene. Make it an all inclusive. Airport pickup, road trips across India in convoys, staying in 5 - 10 bedroom bungalows (with chef et all) instead of 5 star hotels, your own local tour guides, 24x7 security, bottled water & clean food...you'll get the gist. Basically, from the time that they land till the time of departure, your company is caring for them in the best way possible. Premium price = premium service. Your USP will be guaranteed security & hygiene, a homely atmosphere (travelling in groups too), end to end solution and taking them to places that only locals can (so many spots in India that can blow your mind). I was thinking along similar lines in 2003 and even ran a project report. 3.0 lakh all inclusive price for a months holiday still (IIRC) left about a 1.35 lakh net profit.

Then, Team-BHP happened and took all my time away
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:56   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Become a mercenary for hire and go to Iraq or Afghanistan.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:57   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Ashish/green horn the world has become a flat place and no idea can ever remain a secret; execution, strategy, and tactical movment may stay unique and secret but not the idea. If you hole up ideas they always remain there be open to the world the world will return the same. Here is an idea for you guys why don't you go and start a firm which is in the ideas business

Spitfire somehow knew you and guys like you will contribute.

DCEite bio fuels stand alone? There is Renuka sugars and a host of others already doing it and they too are an integrated play as in bio fuel is a biproduct the days are too early any thoughts. Other alternate energy area are also struggling in India as raw mat supply is not organised. agian early days baring some traction in electric cars? Agian in the west the premuim ones seem to offer traction and the sucess of which remains to be seen lots of money laready pumped in. the rest is hybrid time to start which is goen 5 years ago added to which you need to be in the combustion auto business to start with!

Medcine any specifics?

hey thanks GTO good one.

Last edited by canonball : 7th September 2009 at 16:03.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:02   #9
GKS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Adoor
Posts: 69
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Become a mercenary for hire and go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

but its better to be a politician in India, I am talking about billions without any hard work.
GKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:02   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 606 Times
Default

I had something very similar in mind, controlled by a travel portal, which connects to the best resources in India and let cutomer watch while we do the planning for them and even participate in planning, providing premium and more personal touch.

Did all the planning, designed portal, Identify how to connect to Service Providers, Agents and Private owners.

Still have not managed to move ahead with all that blue print ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The travel industry will only grow, what with disposable incomes & time. If you're thinking at the high end of the market, work along the lines of "premium all-inclusive travel holidays" around India. Cater to a global clientelle. One of the major apprehensions that foreigners have, while planning a Indian holiday, is security & hygiene. Make it an all inclusive. Airport pickup, road trips across India in convoys, staying in 5 - 10 bedroom bungalows (with chef et all) instead of 5 star hotels, your own local tour guides, 24x7 security, bottled water & clean food...you'll get the gist. Basically, from the time that they land till the time of departure, your company is caring for them in the best way possible. Premium price = premium service. Your USP will be guaranteed security & hygiene, a homely atmosphere (travelling in groups too), end to end solution and taking them to places that only locals can (so many spots in India that can blow your mind). I was thinking along similar lines in 2003 and even ran a project report. 3.0 lakh all inclusive price for a months holiday still (IIRC) left about a 1.35 lakh net profit.

Then, Team-BHP happened and took all my time away
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:27   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I had something very similar in mind, controlled by a travel portal, which connects to the best resources in India and let cutomer watch while we do the planning for them and even participate in planning, providing premium and more personal touch.

Did all the planning, designed portal, Identify how to connect to Service Providers, Agents and Private owners.

Still have not managed to move ahead with all that blue print ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The travel industry will only grow, what with disposable incomes & time. If you're thinking at the high end of the market, work along the lines of "premium all-inclusive travel holidays" around India. Cater to a global clientelle. One of the major apprehensions that foreigners have, while planning a Indian holiday, is security & hygiene. Make it an all inclusive. Airport pickup, road trips across India in convoys, staying in 5 - 10 bedroom bungalows (with chef et all) instead of 5 star hotels, your own local tour guides, 24x7 security, bottled water & clean food...you'll get the gist. Basically, from the time that they land till the time of departure, your company is caring for them in the best way possible. Premium price = premium service. Your USP will be guaranteed security & hygiene, a homely atmosphere (travelling in groups too), end to end solution and taking them to places that only locals can (so many spots in India that can blow your mind). I was thinking along similar lines in 2003 and even ran a project report. 3.0 lakh all inclusive price for a months holiday still (IIRC) left about a 1.35 lakh net profit.

Then, Team-BHP happened and took all my time away
It can't be more merrier than this

I too had something of this sort in my mind, where-in a agency will be taking care of all the complete tour itinerary which even includes airport pickups, local sightseeing and toll-taxes i.e. a total stress free tour for a tourist.

Had a brief discussion with a friend in Canada whose company folks use to visit India regularly for official and personal tours. But somehow could get going due to some personal constraints.

You did got me remembered my old days Thanks canonball.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:31   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

Art est celare Artem
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:33   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,987
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
no idea can ever remain a secret; execution, strategy, and tactical movment may stay unique and secret but not the idea.
Ok, here is one more idea free of cost to my friend.
Go in food business. You can start with small and can grow with your skills.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 7th September 2009 at 16:35.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:43   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

You are welcoem ash how about them idea though
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:45   #15
BHPian
 
pranava999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 820
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Ok, here is one more idea free of cost to my friend.
Go in food business. You can start with small and can grow with your skills.
The grass is greener on this side of the door (kitchen door). The food busi ness is one business that is easy to enter. It's mostly a 7 day- 14 hrs business (no personal life especially on weekends) dealing with people (customers and staff)but not easy to stick on. There's a lot more, ask me and will tell you. Family is in the business!
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden StarVegabond Travelogues 162 17th August 2010 18:19
Cold start vs warm start, is there a difference? Shan2nu Technical Stuff 6 18th May 2010 18:32
Innovative business ideas in this time of recession isldhn Shifting gears 25 11th October 2009 13:19
great forum, great people and great cars... tadukuttan Introduce yourself 8 19th June 2006 10:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks