Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th September 2009, 15:19   #151
BHPian

May God give you and your family enough strength to bear his loss. This is terrible.
RIP Tarun.
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 16:06   #152
BHPian

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. RIP Tarun
Praneet71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 18:00   #153
BHPian

my deepest condolence Dueller
hope you find the culprit soon
drbabuanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 18:11   #154
BHPian

Today's TOI reported this accident and the Police statement said that they are on the trail of a Scorpio that they feel is a strong suspect . I have myself taken picture of 1 white accent that looked like it had recent brush on the left side and the rear glass a little suspect. Will PM the picture i took while it was on the road. I dont think the car will be on road like this but still dont know. you can check it.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 18:45   #155
BHPian

My prayers to your families and you personally, i know this is a hard time but please be strong and find that White Accent.
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 00:23   #156
BHPian

praying that your family gets comfort and strength at these very depressing times.
its hard to lose a loved one and its harder to lose someone when their life's end is decided by some human wrecklessness..
God Bless..
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:14   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Today's TOI reported this accident and the Police statement said that they are on the trail of a Scorpio that they feel is a strong suspect . I have myself taken picture of 1 white accent that looked like it had recent brush on the left side and the rear glass a little suspect. Will PM the picture i took while it was on the road. I dont think the car will be on road like this but still dont know. you can check it.
Dear all,

Thank you for your prayers. I have one important update: the killer car is a Silver Hyundai Accent (year 2000 model) with damage to its left side, broken rear windshield, and broken tail lights. The color got confirmed when I found silver paint scrapes from the accident spot.

With regards to the suggestions offered here, I'm having trouble getting the cops to work primarily because of the number of accidents happening on Palm Beach Road everyday. For them, it is just another accident where innocent people lost their lives. In all probability, they will find another driver caught in a similar accident & tie him to this one. From the evidence gathered from the spot(silver Hyundai Accent, year 2000 model), the cops are not even acknowledging it. They are after a make-believe Scorpio, as published in the TOI report.

For my parents though, its all done. They are not interested in the killer's identity as their second-born son is gone & will never return. They say the killer driver will pay in one way or the other for letting two youths to die on the road. They also are highly against me tracing the killer car for fear of my life lest he harm me to continue hiding his deed.

Request Tbhpians to help me trace this car, albeit discreetly. If you see or hear anything about this car, please call me on 98210 36888 or the cop in charge at the Turbhe Police Station, Inspector Gotre on +919870585679.

@Mods: I know several people lose their lives in hit & run accidents everyday. If you feel this thread violates any of TBHP policies or interests, please feel free to pull down this thread.

Last edited by DueLLeR : 12th September 2009 at 21:24.
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:32   #158

DueLLeR : I know first hand what it is to lose one's near and dear in a road accident. Please know, we join you in this hour of distress, may the two people rest in peace.
=shishya=
shishya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:53   #159
Senior - BHPian

@Dueller: Hope Police will be able to trace the killer car soon.

I was just wondering, What are the chances that the killer himself would be reading this thread? This is a public forum right?
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:54   #160
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Very sorry to hear about this! My condolences to you and the family. May tacho's soul RIP.
bharti22shresth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 22:05   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@Dueller: Hope Police will be able to trace the killer car soon.

I was just wondering, What are the chances that the killer himself would be reading this thread? This is a public forum right?
Indeed, it is. If the killer is reading this post, the least bit of humanity left in him should make him realize what he has done. I don't expect him to own up & surrender, as it takes a lot of courage. But as a lesson learnt, he should be very careful in the future & try to make up for the damage he has caused by helping any accident victim he comes across in the future. Even if he manages to save one life, he can hope for pardon in the court of God.

Even if the killer is caught by the cops, he will be tried, imprisoned & his family would suffer. Others would continue drunken driving & speeding, taking more lives. The chain is endless. I don't know where to start. Perhaps, an inculcation of driving values followed in the West is the only sure shot means of ensuring that no other TBHPian loses a loved one in a hit & run accident.
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 22:37   #162
Senior - BHPian

A sincere request to everybody - Please do not drink and drive. All of us have dear ones waiting for us at home. I had a narrow escape when I was riding my bike late in the night. The reckless driving indicated that the driver of the premium car was drunk.

Also drinking is injurious to health and soul. It is a disease which has many ill effects.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 23:33   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Indeed, it is. If the killer is reading this post, the least bit of humanity left in him should make him realize what he has done. I don't expect him to own up & surrender, as it takes a lot of courage. But as a lesson learnt, he should be very careful in the future & try to make up for the damage he has caused by helping any accident victim he comes across in the future. Even if he manages to save one life, he can hope for pardon in the court of God.
Noble words, DueLLer... just had to post my respect.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 01:02   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Noble words, DueLLer... just had to post my respect.
+1 to that.

Note to all TBHPians: Please let as many people as possible know that helping an accident victim on the road is important and might just save his life as every second counts.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 01:52   #165
Team-BHP Support

The T-BHP family is with you DueLLer. Tarun has found a better place. May his soul RIP.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote