Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 9th September 2009, 12:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear this sad news. My prayer's are with you and your family, dueller. May the departed souls rest in peace.

I hope the Accent is caught.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 12:34   #62
BHPian

RIP Tarun.
Any news of the other guy ? I hope he is ok and may be able to tell what exactly happened.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 12:35   #63
BHPian

RIP Tarun. May you ride in the gates of heaven.

Need any kind of additional information on the hit and run vehicle if possible. Would be happy to provide any help I can.
NevGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 12:44   #64
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This is really bad news. RIP Tarun.

Dueller - Keep a watch at the local garages and authorised Hyundai in and around Navi Mumbai. Chances are that the car would visit a private garage to avoid detection. Also check out with the RTO for details of a white Accent. Check with the locals too if they spotted any such white car. Check with asurrounding building residents / watchmen if they have a white Accent in their premises.

Mostly I feel that to keep a low profile, the car would be kept under covers in the owners premises or hidden away in a basement / pvt garage.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:06   #65
BHPian

R.I.P Tarun,
I suggest you put an ad in the papers? or contact a journalist from the media who can put this incident in the papers regarding the white accent, this killer has to be put to justice, we have to get him.
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:10   #66
BHPian

i feel this is a case of drinking & driving, i think there is a night club in navi mumbai, dunno the name but you could find out regarding the car over there??
Best of Luck in tracking down the killer, he has to be put to justice..
Berj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:13   #67
BHPian

Always a very sad feeling when one hears the passing away of a ellow member. My condolences to you and your family at such a sad time.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

Dueller: my heartfelt condolences. RIP tacho...
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:27   #69
BHPian

Dueller may god give strength to you and your family to overcome this loss.
May tarun's soul R.I.P.

Hope you find the accent guy soon.
jithudigitised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 13:31   #70
BHPian

my heartfelt condolences to you and and your family, RIP tacho. may the guilty be punished severly.
i am sure the culprits will caught my prayers are with u .
nithz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Very sad. May the family find the strength to cope with such a loss.

To all the bikers and users (pillion), please please wear a helmet always. You owe it others who love you and for whom you are responsible for.

All BHPians, make it your Duty to help accident victims first and always. I am sure as a community we would be behind you to help you to face any of the adverse cosequences you may have to face because of this.

Take care and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:20   #72
BHPian

Really sad news Dueller!
My heartfelt condolences
RIP tacho

I hope the culprits are caught and severely punished.

Members: Please keep a lookout for the said car in adjacent district workshops as well. If the car driver knows what has happened, he will not risk getting the car repaired in Mumbai. He may not even try to get it repaired anytime soon making the tracing difficult.
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:21   #73
BHPian

Also check for CCTV cameras in businesses few 100s of meters up and down the street where the accident has happened. If it was a hit and run case he probably was caught with his wrecked car by some camera on the way. As berj79 has stated, drinking must have been involved with this accident, and if night clubs have any record of this car (video footage/valet slip) it will probably help you find these crooks quicker.
discobiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:21   #74
BHPian

My deepest condolences to your family and pray god gives you and your family the strength to tide over this tragedy.

Also, as stated by you, the car did crash into the barricades after the incident and there is a probablity that the car might have suffered some major damage and in all probablity would have limped to the nearest garage from the site of the accident. Did you notice any oil slicks around the barricade area ? Maybe a quick scan for garages around that locality that stay open past midnight might help. Also if there are any toll booths on that road or any petrol pumps, it might be worth a few queries in those places.

Also with police help you can get in touch with mobile operators to check for calls from in and around the area since the person is bound to have made some panic calls and considering the time of the incident there will not be too many calls that will need to be sorted out.

I hope and pray the culprit is apprehended soon. Though i understand that your loss is irreplaceable but finding the culprit will atleast would help you find a closure to the tragic demise of your brother. Though miles apart I can feel the pain that you must be going through right now. My deepest heartfelt condolences with you and your family. Just hang in there brother.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 9th September 2009 at 14:22.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 14:43   #75
BHPian

Very sad news Dueller! May GOD give all the strength and powers to your family in these tough times.

My heartfelt condolences.

R.I.P Venkat.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote