Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 10th May 2012, 13:16   #61
BHPian

Default Is after sales business good?

Hello guys, looking ahead to start an after sales service station in Mumbai. Talks are on with an automobile manufacturer and hence want everyone's advice on this. Currently in some other field professionally, not related to automobiles or any engineering section. Even my education qualifications are purely in commerce stream. But the need to change from my current profession and wanting to do something in automotive field is the reason I have been thinking of getting into car after sales business. Also opening up a sales dealership is out of my budget because it will require a huge investment. Have learnt all these years that money making is in much better in after sales service business.
Need your comments and views.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 13:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Is after sales business good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Also opening up a sales dealership is out of my budget because it will require a huge investment.
Why do you say so? Even for the after-sales business, you will still have to invest a significant sum to buy necessary equipments, build up a parts inventory etc.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 13:51   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Is after sales business good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Why do you say so? Even for the after-sales business, you will still have to invest a significant sum to buy necessary equipments, build up a parts inventory etc.
Yes I know I will have to invest in machinery and space. But at least I will not have to invest on opening up a sales outlet in a prime location. Buying/leasing space in prime location would be very very expensive.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 09:55   #64
BHPian

Default Setting up a Dealership for Maruti Genuine Parts/Accessories - Help Required

Hi All,

Looking for suggestions/comments/information on how to go for Maruti Genuine Part/Accessories dealership/agency/franchise. Is it good to go for authorized one or better to go for independent one? Any idea how much is the cost involved? Any number/link from where I can get more info on my queries.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Regards
humans is offline   Reply With Quote