Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the Automobile Association as well?
Yes 7 28.00%
If Yes - comment. 1 4.00%
No 15 60.00%
If No - comment. 3 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th January 2016, 16:32   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Are you a member of any Automobile Association (e.g. WIAA)?

WIAA Membership woes

"On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Western India Automobile Association <

>>> *Dear Mr. $$$$$$$$*
>>>
>>> *Congratulations !!!*
>>>
>>> You have successfully registered for the membership of WIAA "

After that online registration and paying fee of 1100/- ( 1 year ) online by CC, there was no further communication from them , waited for 2 weeks. Then sent 3 e-mails, all went into black holes, since I never got any response from them till now , whether on phone, e mail or any welcome kit.
I called the Pune number of WIAA , no response.

I NEVER GOT MY ORDINARY (1 Year) MEMBERSHIP NUMBER ( just got a 4 digit ref id in the membership summary page after making online payment ) OR ANY ID CARD OR ANY SUCH STUFF TILL NOW.

I just have the printout of the payment receipt.

Overall a bad experience so far with WIAA and I have no time to chase them up ...so gave up finally!

If any of you can suggest how to revive this, it will be good.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 14:58   #32
BHPian

Regretfully, AASI website is not working.Error msg"Page cannot be displayed" appears instead.
virgopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 11:54   #33
BHPian

http://www.aasindia.org/

This should work.
Horizon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 12:40   #34
BHPian

Just checked the website of WIAA. Seems most of the services or activities, as indeed the office bearers are centred around Mumbai/Maharashtra, with Pune being grudgingly(?) added. Any real benefit for motorists from Gujarat or Rajasthan?
earthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2016, 20:52   #35
BHPian

Any idea where can I get those WIAA stickers? I am a member, but I don't see any mention of stickers on their website.

I still remember a white Fiat with WIAA yellow sticker pasted on the quarter glass next to the ORVM back in the 80s
freedom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2016, 19:31   #36
BHPian

You will get it at their offices
Horizon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 17:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
WIAA Membership woes

"On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Western India Automobile Association <

>>> *Dear Mr. $$$$$$$$*
>>>
>>> *Congratulations !!!*
>>>
>>> You have successfully registered for the membership of WIAA "

After that online registration and paying fee of 1100/- ( 1 year ) online by CC, there was no further communication from them , waited for 2 weeks. Then sent 3 e-mails, all went into black holes, since I never got any response from them till now , whether on phone, e mail or any welcome kit.
I called the Pune number of WIAA , no response.

I NEVER GOT MY ORDINARY (1 Year) MEMBERSHIP NUMBER ( just got a 4 digit ref id in the membership summary page after making online payment ) OR ANY ID CARD OR ANY SUCH STUFF TILL NOW.

I just have the printout of the payment receipt.

Overall a bad experience so far with WIAA and I have no time to chase them up ...so gave up finally!

If any of you can suggest how to revive this, it will be good.
Hi,

Any update on this? Even I enrolled for their membership on 2nd February and had received an e-mail with a reference id saying that someone will get in touch with me. But till now no one has called/mailed me. I have dropped 2 reminder mails though. Seems like I will have to go to their Churchgate office to sort things out.
subhro1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2016, 19:28   #38
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: Are you a member of any Automobile Association (e.g. WIAA)?

No update, since I am not interested to follow up or be part of such a horribly managed association at all.

Tried enough and gave up. Absolutely poor quality crappy body as per I am concerned.

The benefits are too miniscule i feel as compared to the headache to be part of them..so stay away !!
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 13:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
No update, since I am not interested to follow up or be part of such a horribly managed association at all.

Tried enough and gave up. Absolutely poor quality crappy body as per I am concerned.

The benefits are too miniscule i feel as compared to the headache to be part of them..so stay away !!
Not worth spending Rs 800 annually on the membership, not many advantages, if the membership lapses, to renew it you have to pay for the lapsed period also before renewing, though they mention that the renewal fee is only Rs 500, they say its a misprint on the website and they charged me Rs 800 for the lapsed period and Rs. 800 for the current period. Fortunately for me the lapsed period was only a few months.

I had given my Mumbai Driving License for renewal, its been 3 months now and stll havent received it, contacted their Juhu office several times, who gave me their local agents number to follow up with him directly but am not getting a proper response, I have sent WIAA an email and a feedback on this since a week back, but no response till date.

Will not renew my membership once it expires.
ssadwelkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 09:10   #40
j76
BHPian

Has anybody got any discounts on their insurance because of their WIAA membership ?
j76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 18:08   #41
j76
BHPian

Ok I have an update. I did get a discount of Rs.200 for being a WIAA member. These discounts have not taken into consideration inflation for many many years. What a waste.
j76 is offline   Reply With Quote