Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th October 2009, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Gmail users: Did anyone try any Gmail spam recipies?

Those who are using Gmail might have noticed the "Spam recipies" appearing on top of their spam mailbox. You can see that these are from recipesource.com.

As we know, Google is famous for its prank culture so despite their assurance ( Official Gmail Blog: Del-eat your spam ) I am a bit skeptical about the "edibleness" of these recipies.

Are these real ones? TBHPians, can you please share the recipie of any spam delights that in your opinion, yummy?

Mods, I am not spamming....

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 19th October 2009 at 12:45.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hai,
I use gamail but only email address i.e email id configured into my outlook express.
So I send and recieve email through my outlook express and never used their website to send/recieve messages. I recieve many mails in gmail id (I dont use to send emails using gmail id as I have other email id's to send email messages out)
but so far nothing notices as you pointed out. May it happening to those who uses gmail website for sending/recieving emails?

Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 19:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I am a bit skeptical about the "edibleness" of these recipies.
Sandeep, "Spam" (coined from SPiced hAM) existed as an item of food long before the word came to mean "junk mail". It was never considered gourmet fare, to put it charitably, and this might explain why it came to be used in such a fashion. So Spam is theoretically very much edible, though many may not want to eat it.
Edsel Rulez! is offline   Reply With Quote