Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 06:29   #136
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,719
Thanked: 4,637 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Heard from some one which I don't remember that its owned by a fellow bhpian. is that true ?
It's not bhpian owned, I believe.

Met the owner during our last bhpian-meet, I thought he was one among us and asked about his car n all, later ImmortalZ enlightened me that he was the owner of the place and not a bhpian

_____________________

Went to Azad, Vazhuthacaud y'dayfor lunch, as I do every Sunday after church, the place was literally deserted and almost all tables were free. Mind you, this is somewhere I had to wait for close to half an hour to get a table.

The Shawarma scare has really shook Mallus to the core it seems.
Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 17:19   #137
BHPian
 
autotranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyd, Thrissur
Posts: 278
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

So has Shawarmas gone off the menu everywhere in Kerala ? I was hoping to eat some during my Onam visit :( The ones you get in Hyderabad do not have the same taste.
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 17:03   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,296
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Got a list of Hotels in Kerala where food of acceptable quantity is available. Received from a friend based in UK. The list is worth going through. The problem is it is a list of more than 200 hotels in pdf format and in Malayalam vernacular. Hence not appended.

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th August 2012 at 17:04.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 23:39   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,296
Thanked: 1,689 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Yesterday I had mt breakfast at Aryas Alleppy at around 10 during my journey to Haripad. The vada there turned out to be the best I ever had from Kannur to Trivandrum in the near past.
Have a bite if anyone get a chance.
Just sharing and not advertising.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th August 2012 at 23:43.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 00:02   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,119
Thanked: 108 Times
Post Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Got a list of Hotels in Kerala where food of acceptable quantity is available. Received from a friend based in UK. The list is worth going through. The problem is it is a list of more than 200 hotels in pdf format and in Malayalam vernacular. Hence not appended.
oh it is already mentioned in this thread, I guess.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2445381 (A guide : Eating out in Kerala)

some of the hotels recommended are average or below average especially "Muvattupuzha" for example.

--
I hope people can update their experiences keeping the thread alive.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 20:23   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,638
Thanked: 2,816 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Heard Smoke House is really good. Hearing this I thought I would check out their Hyderabadi Biriyani (Although that's not their specialty). It was really good especially if you love that 'extra spice'. The place is really crowded during weekends.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 20:55   #142
BHPian
 
DieselLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kochi
Posts: 357
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k
Yesterday I had mt breakfast at Aryas Alleppy at around 10 during my journey to Haripad. The vada there turned out to be the best I ever had from Kannur to Trivandrum in the near past.
Have a bite if anyone get a chance.
Just sharing and not advertising.
I agree. Used to frequent aryas (just for eating vada) at alleppey whenever I drive through that route.
DieselLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 21:24   #143
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: kottayam
Posts: 11
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

A small collection which I got as a forward mail. Sorry, the list is in malayalam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eating out - best ones.pdf (309.7 KB, 291 views)
zeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 12:08   #144
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

hey guys , calicut's paragon has opened a new restaurent at focus mall called " m grill ", the steak and grills are awesome at this place.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 12:21   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
I agree. Used to frequent aryas (just for eating vada) at alleppey whenever I drive through that route.
Can you guys share the exact location? It is very difficult to get anything hot to eat in Kerala restaurants, except in Tamil restaurants like Aryas and Sre Aryas
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 13:26   #146
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Guys, any suggestions on good veg. restaurant in Perinthalmanna or between Mannarkad and Perinthalmanna? How is KTDCís Tamarind? Iíve seen one around Mannarkad.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 19:57   #147
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 612
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Heard Smoke House is really good. Hearing this I thought I would check out their Hyderabadi Biriyani (Although that's not their specialty). It was really good especially if you love that 'extra spice'. The place is really crowded during weekends.
Went to Smokehouse yesterday with a few friends. We got a table inside and big mistake it was :(

Almost suffocated in smoke. Eyes started burning. When we came out after 45mins we were stinking of smoke. Never again.
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 10:48   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
mallumowgli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Palakkad/Coimbatore
Posts: 1,087
Thanked: 684 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Guys, any suggestions on good veg. restaurant in Perinthalmanna or between Mannarkad and Perinthalmanna? How is KTDC’s Tamarind? I’ve seen one around Mannarkad.
If you are coming from Mannarkad side, then after you cross Angadipuram railway gate, Perinthalmanna, there is a good veg restaurant on the right hand side. Annapoorna is the name, i think (no relation to Coimbatore Gowrishankar). I dont remember a Tamarind at Mannarkad, but there is a KTDC Vazhiyoram, which is lousy. Only good veg restaurant is the above

Last edited by mallumowgli : 28th August 2012 at 10:49.
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 11:09   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,638
Thanked: 2,816 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Went to Smokehouse yesterday with a few friends. We got a table inside and big mistake it was :(

Almost suffocated in smoke. Eyes started burning. When we came out after 45mins we were stinking of smoke. Never again.
Yes, I thought so. We sat outside for this reason. Have experienced this in few eat outs in Blore.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 15:02   #150
BHPian
 
Arun.K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: A guide : Eating out in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
If you are coming from Mannarkad side, then after you cross Angadipuram railway gate, Perinthalmanna, there is a good veg restaurant on the right hand side. Annapoorna is the name, i think... but there is a KTDC Vazhiyoram, which is lousy...
Thanks mallumowgli for the info. I was thinking of Vazhiyoram too, but ruled out now. Any suggestions on best banana chips from the bunch of shops on Olavakode railway station road?
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore Hatari Shifting gears 3598 18th August 2017 13:11
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai khanak Shifting gears 1130 9th January 2017 10:20
A Guide: Eating out in Pune abhijitaparadh Shifting gears 557 6th January 2017 02:10
A Guide: Eating out in Delhi/NCR tsk1979 Shifting gears 574 27th October 2016 10:14
A Guide: Eating out in Kolkata (Calcutta) planet_rocker Shifting gears 88 31st October 2015 12:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:19.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks