Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th August 2008, 18:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

I had bought July edition of Money Today. There was a free coupon in it, which made me file my return through iTrust.in agent, for free.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 19:26   #47
BHPian

Thank you nirmalts and Su-47. Now I am clear about what to do. First, I will have to calculate my short-term capital gains and other income. Then, find a CA. File the return thru him with income tax and penalty if any. And have a peace of mind .
BomBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 12:30   #48
BHPian

I may be OT but need help on ITR forms. I am a salaried professional not having any loans in any forms. However, I filled and submitted the ITR-2 form by mistake which I believe is meant for HUF/ Salaried Pros with Loans, etc.

Question is what to do now? Can i get it changed somehow. Will they help me out or I have to contact a CA?
given2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 08:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to e-file my returns, and the site (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) says "Error occurred null" when I clicked on Submit Returns for the AY 2009-10. The perfect example of Murphy's law. Thousands of tax payers will be trying to e-file their returns before Jul-31 and what will happen if this link does not work? Will the extend the date?

Anyone here has experienced this issue? Do we have any alternative sites to submit the returns?
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 08:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I was trying to e-file my returns, and the site (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) says "Error occurred null" when I clicked on Submit Returns for the AY 2009-10. The perfect example of Murphy's law. Thousands of tax payers will be trying to e-file their returns before Jul-31 and what will happen if this link does not work? Will the extend the date?
suggest you to stick to the old paper form format for obvious reasons (beyond e-filing ease).
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 09:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
suggest you to stick to the old paper form format for obvious reasons (beyond e-filing ease).
Now the link is working. Seems that the concerned software engineer has reached office, and he realized that the web service had crashed, and restrated it...

Last edited by clevermax : 30th July 2009 at 09:32.
Old 30th July 2009, 09:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Now the link is working. Seems that the concerned software engineer has reached office, and he realized that the web service had crashed, and restrated it...
I had the same problem when I was trying to file my returns. It's actually a problem if you are using IE8 browser to access the site link. I tired with IE7 (or IE8 in compatibility mode) and it worked (they may have made it IE8 compatible now).

On another note - for this year, there is no option to go the local IT office for endorsement of ITR-V. It has to be sent to the Bangalore address by regular post. Correct?

Last edited by the_maassk : 30th July 2009 at 09:52.
the_maassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 10:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
On another note - for this year, there is no option to go the local IT office for endorsement of ITR-V. It has to be sent to the Bangalore address by regular post. Correct?
Yes, you need to send the signed ITR-V form to IT-CPC Bangalore by ordinary post.
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 11:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Now the whole stupuid site is not working again. I was uploading my xml file and it broke in between. Call center lines are busy too. I guess they are hosting the website in a desktop PC in some income tax office in Delhi, on a Windows XP machine. :-)

Any idea as to what can be done if the site continues to be down until midnight tomorrow? How can one file their returns?

EDIT: Just called the call center and told that the site is down...

Me: The site for filing tax returns is down, when it will be up again?
CC : (Male voice) Try again apter hab an awar saar.
Me: Will you extend the last date if the site continues to have problems like this?
CC: No saar. Try again apter hab an awar saar.
Me: I've been trying for the past two hours. I don't think the site will be up soon.
CC: No saar. Try again apter hab an awar saar.
Me: Thanks, bye
CC: --hung up--

Last edited by clevermax : 30th July 2009 at 11:14.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea as to what can be done if the site continues to be down until midnight tomorrow? How can one file their returns?
There are several sites that can file your IT returns, but will be charged Rs.200 - 250 for using their service.
Online Income Tax filing | E-file taxes with complete guidance | Income Tax Help & Tips | Taxsmile.com (I) Pvt. Ltd., TaxSpanner: Online Income Tax Preparation and Filing for India , India Income Tax ,India Income Tax Software , ITR1 , ITR2 , Tax Calculator , Income Tax Return, Tax Filing in India
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 18:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the links finney. But I could finally file the returns. "Page cannot be displayed" error came when I clicked upload, but I got a confirmation e-mail which contains the receipt. phew...
Old 30th July 2009, 18:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

I used the Income Tax Department's site to download the ITR-1 form
inputed all the details, validated using the inbuilt macros, generated XML file, uploaded it, got the acknowlegement, printed the same, signed it and posted it to the IT department post office in Bangalore

all work took 1 hour, it is very easy and cost me zero money.
last year also i had used the same e-filing. this year the improvment is we can post the printout instead of physicalling going to the center.

i would recommend this to everyone.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 30th July 2009 at 18:51.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 16:50   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the links finney. But I could finally file the returns. "Page cannot be displayed" error came when I clicked upload, but I got a confirmation e-mail which contains the receipt. phew...
Moral of the story - File your returns well before the due date to avoid last minute hiccups ! Anyhow, in your case, all's well that ends well !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 19:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Filed at 4.00 PM to day (efiling). First time user of this facility,worked like a charm! But why do they want us to take a print out of the ack form,sign and send it to Bangalore? For the signature may be?
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 20:02   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Filed at 4.00 PM to day (efiling). First time user of this facility,worked like a charm! But why do they want us to take a print out of the ack form,sign and send it to Bangalore? For the signature may be?
Our system always relies on physical paper. Thats why they have more record room than for the humans

You need to give the ack form signed and submit. This is what the actual filing. Then why we do online? That is just to help the IT people to save some headache in data entry.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote