|View Poll Results: Which is your favourite social networking site and why?|
|Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll|
| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th October 2009, 20:20||#1|
The Great Social Networking Site Poll
Giving a chance to vote for your favourite "Social networking site" and let people know the reason for it..
You make also vote for more than one site, depending on how many sites you are hooked on to.
You may also share some tips or suggestions about a particular site, which others may not know about.
Some of the famous social networking sites and a brief about them:
1. Facebook. Although it hasnít always reigned supreme, in recent months Facebook has come head to head with Twitter. Facebook is more stable technically and offers many features that Twitter doesnít.
2. Twitter. Twitter has definitely gotten a lot of face time in the news lately, however, it still has some work since its in its infancy. Luckily for avid users, the creators are continually working on new features and better functionality.
3. LinkedIn. Many business professionals use LinkedIn. Itís a great resource for posting an online resume and highlighting your business skills.
4. Myspace. Up until this last year, Myspace was easily the number one social network. However, Myspace is falling behind ó some might say itís been left in the dust. Although itís in decline, Myspace still holds value for musicians and artists.
5. Ning. Although Ning has millions of users, itís little known and utilized by most people. Ning has revolutionalized social media in a lot of ways in how it boasts thousands of niche networks within itself.
6. Bebo. One of the better known social network sites among the smaller sites, Bebo, like Myspace, gives users the option to customize their profile. Bebo has recently increased traffic because of new features that let users see their friendsí activity on other social networking sites.
7. Orkut. Although its little known in the U.S., Orkut is extremly popular in other countries, including Brazil and India. Most suprisingly is that its owned and operated by Google.
8. Hi5. Hi5 has been floating around as a social network for a while, but has never been able to keep up with the competition of Facebook, Myspace and others. It has most of the same features as Myspace and Facebook, but is more popular in Central America.
9. Friendster. Many people think that social networking began with Myspace, but it really originated with Friendster. It remains a top-notch social network similar to Myspace and Facebook, despite being overtaken by them a few years ago.
10. Xanga. Of the ten listed here, probably one of the lesser known, although its been around for more than 10 years. Xanga is different in how it focues on photo, video and weblogging.
Have a nice social day ahead!!
|30th October 2009, 20:33||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Quilon/ Sharjah
Thanked: 5 Times
I voted for facebook and orkut. facebook is more interesting with added activities like polls and applications etc. Orkut is more simpler to use than facebook and has moblie applications which are more useful on the go.
Somehow I felt that Hi5 is very unexciting when compared to these two.
|30th October 2009, 20:36||#3|
my order of liking for the networking sites:
i feel FB is very private, orkut because lots of people have no liking for FB and Hi5, because lot of my friends abroad mostly use Hi5.
|30th October 2009, 22:09||#5|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 187 Times
True, only the logo is dominating.
I voted for FB and Orkut. Started with Orkut and now member of all SNS, but like Orkut most. FB, catching up with the race.
|30th October 2009, 22:42||#7|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2007
Thanked: 1,542 Times
Voted for Orkut.
Its the first so called Social Networking site which I used. Its quite simple to use and layout is pretty simple also. I had issues in Hi5 and Facebook.
Orkut main feature is its simplicity. Although recently they have added quite a bit of features, but overall is simple straight forward.
|31st October 2009, 00:43||#8|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Voted for Facebook tough I started off using Orkut. Facebook mainly because of the applications/games etc especially "Farmville"
A note of advice "Farmville" is very addictive
|31st October 2009, 01:48||#9|
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 151 Times
RuffRyder, do you work for any of the internet companies or are you doing any research for MS or anything? The reason why I am asking this is cause some of my friends from office have Social Networking & Privacy as their MS project topic and this looks very similar to the work they have to do.
btw, when did Bebo traffic increase happen? If you don't mind, can you share the source?
Last edited by Jaguar : 31st October 2009 at 01:51.
|31st October 2009, 12:06||#12|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked: 15 Times
Twitter anytime. Instant. No frills (those pesky polls and quizzes in facebook). There lots more to twitter than meets the eye.
|31st October 2009, 12:26||#13|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked: 3,526 Times
Ouch. Good point by Jag.
Ruff - if this is a project and you are misleading us, then I would much rather that this thread be locked down. Please come clean on your requirement. The post does sound worded like a project.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Calling Networking and Server specialists!||Red Liner||Gadgets, Computers & Software||32||11th May 2018 21:29|
|Please use caution and common sense when meeting people via forums/social networking!||madbullram||Shifting gears||38||26th July 2010 08:25|
|great forum, great people and great cars...||tadukuttan||Introduce yourself||8||19th June 2006 10:52|