Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 2nd November 2009, 23:41   #46

Default My List

1. Maruti Gypsy - Never could find a good chasis for a modification (putting the 2.2 Toyota engine after buying it from Mayapuri)

2. Yamaha RX - Did not want my dad to push himself for it. Found a second hand but then went for a Fiero. Still have it.

2. Hond VTec - Found my Vanilla - Pearl White SX4

3. Safari - I think I might go for the Scorpio MHawk due to it's drivability and VFM. Can't imagine it but then I have being doing that continously... See the pattern above . Really I can't let go of it but it is not making sense either to buy it. I would like to blame Concorde in Bangalore for giving me a GX to TD which was poorly maintained. This inspires me to TD again an LX. Yes will do it again this week.
yash_anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 03:32   #47
BHPian

1. Premier 118 NE
Could not afford it at that time though later bought peugeot 309 which was a dream come true
2. OHC VTEC - No plan to buy an car at that time and later lost the desire
3. Honda Accord V6 - went for Captiva (Dad's love for soft roaders)
4. BMW X6 or Audi Q7 - way way above my league but hopefully one day they will be a part of my stable
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 04:47   #48
BHPian

I missed out on a 70's Ford Cortina ( Dont remember the exact year)
Saw it on sale for pennies while I was in college, too bad I was driving around a 13 year old banger ( a Maruti 800) and would whine about it to anyone who chose to hear.
After all that whining i could not have convinced my dad to buy me an even older car, so there it went :(
pradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 05:35   #49
BHPian

Missed out on a pristine 88' TransAM GTA (done just 37000Ks!!!) in 2002 by $900. Was saving every cent possible during my college days to get my dream car. Still havent managed to find a good one :(
Slick! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:53   #50

Maruti Estilo (yeah, the Estilo man): I liked the way it looked, but no one else in the family did !

Scorpio MHAWK: Fits neither the ends or the means

Amby: I would still own one if I could afford to keep a 'spare' car. Not a practical buy though

I20 Petrol: If only it had good FE (11-12 KMPL) and reasonable pricing

Skoda Octavia: Not after all the horror stories read in this forum and elsewhere

The list goes on and on..practically every car I don't own.
db2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default I too missed many ...

Its not possible for us buy each & every car available in the market ... So we miss lots of cars :(

My list is :

Contesa : Dream car for me when i was kid.
Siera : Cool car which i miss till now.
Mahindra Classic : Too good for style & making a statement on the road.
Pajero : I love this car but out of my budget :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
A 2003 Mahindra Classic. Went so close to buy one and yet it did not happen. I am happy that I could find myself a good CJ340 now.

If I may add a bike, the Suzuki Shogun. Dad thought it would kill me.
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:55   #52
BHPian

Tata Siera - Dream car as a child, yet to realize
Maruti Gypsy - As a Teen, no more a Teen though but love it anyways
Tata Safari (4x4) - As a Bachelor when I used to roam free
Palio GTX - had wild imagination to mod the car
Scorpio - Bought one finally

5 Dreams.. 1 realized..4 to go..
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:55   #53
BHPian

a very interesting thread indeed, my personal wish lists includes

1. Zen Carbon / Steel ( still looking )
2. Peugeot 309 GLD
3. Scorpio Automatic ( still out of my budget )
siddharthdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:01   #54
BHPian

The Fiat 1100 (probable manufacturing year between 1956 & 1960)- My friend's dad had this car parked in the garage, which was apparently brought from late "Chandrababu" (legend of an actor). Whenever I go to her house I kept drooling at the car but was not affordable for this college student whose pocket money was 300 rupees per month in 1995. Finally the car was sold to somebody for 20000 rupees and I feel bad about not able to buy it that time, even now. My friend became my wife and I still keep asking my father-in-law if he can remember the buyer. I don't think this car would be alive anymore.

Thiyags
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
The Fiat 1100 (probable manufacturing year between 1956 & 1960)- My friend's dad had this car parked in the garage, which was apparently brought from late "Chandrababu" (legend of an actor). Whenever I go to her house I kept drooling at the car but was not affordable for this college student whose pocket money was 300 rupees per month in 1995. Finally the car was sold to somebody for 20000 rupees and I feel bad about not able to buy it that time, even now. My friend became my wife and I still keep asking my father-in-law if he can remember the buyer. I don't think this car would be alive anymore.

Thiyags
Cheers thiyags, welcome to the Fiat club !! Do take a look at the various threads in the Vintage and classics section.
If you do get hold of an 1100, there are lots of people to help you restore her to dream status .
SuperSelect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Cheers thiyags, welcome to the Fiat club !! Do take a look at the various threads in the Vintage and classics section.
If you do get hold of an 1100, there are lots of people to help you restore her to dream status .
Thanks SuperSelect. After joining this forum, the old fire got reignited and you would know how my wife must be reacting because of my constant nagging to find out about the car . The car was in coimbatore when it was sold to another coimbatore based family.
thiyags22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Here Goes:

1) The OHC. A looker at that time and still is. Way beyond budget then
2) 1.6 Palio GTX. Has got all the right moves. the pick up and the looks. Amazing.
3) Suzuki Baleno-Understated looks nut undubtedly one of the very best cars from the
Maruti Stable.
4) Tata Sierra. Always loved the looks. Too young to own one in its hey days.
5) Yamaha RD 350. Its the devil. It was and will forever be the BOSS on the road.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:01   #58
BHPian

the skoda VRs - reason - was short of change by 13-14 lacs. .
On a serious note, i missed out on purchasing the dicor since i purchased an appartment instead. No regrets though. Now I have a place to park the bull whenever i get one and not let it rotting on the roads. So the parking arrangments first and then will go for the car which needs to be parked there.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:02   #59
oss
BHPian

Sipani/Rover Montego - Loved the looks of the car but couldn't afford a car then.

Fusion 1.6 - Loved the looks of it and the concept when it was launched. It was above budget at that time so couldn't lay my hands on it. Now it is too outdated & old to buy one.

Ford Mondeo - Amazing car; way out of my budget. Would love to own one if they launch the new model with 2.0L or 2.2L TDCi engine in the next couple of years.

Laura - Again loved the looks and the features offered, but above budget (sigh) and add to it the Skoda A.S.S. and cost of spares.
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

Some of the cars/bikes are:
A new 118 NE
A new Premier Padmini
A new Hindustan Contessa
A new Rx 100

Was too young by the time the manufacturing stopped for the above. I wouldnt have been able to afford it also for sure.

Luckily, I got myself a Rx 135 in 2003 and am content with it. I got a used 1991 118 NE, a 1974 President and a 1996 Padmini S1 and pretty content with them.

The Contessa has remained a dream!

Last edited by funkykar : 3rd November 2009 at 19:26.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote