GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Start: Sep 4, 2016 / 83.5 kg
Target Achieved: Dec 31, 2016 / 70 kg
You look fantastic! Congratulations.

Make LCHF a way of life now (not just for weight loss).

Quote:
After 6 months or so, I hope to have enough stamina to do a half marathon.
Losing weight & increasing fitness brings incredible stamina.

Quote:
Almost found the perfect bearable recipe for black coffee without sugar
Please share. Thanks! I've become a big black coffee guy.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 12:42   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Awakening this thread after a couple of months with a long-pending update from my side.
Wow!! inspiration for me to restart the diet. I had given up this for some time now. Brought my weight down from around 93 to 83. Have not been following this for the past 2-3 months and weight is hovering around 84.5 kinds.

My target weight was around 78. Now I will restart the diet and strive to reach the initial target. This was a much needed inspiration.

Last edited by vibbs : 19th January 2017 at 12:49.
vibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 12:55   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Awakening this thread after a couple of months with a long-pending update from my side.

After finding a lot of sense in the remarks on LCHF diet from Samurai, bblost etc, I started mine.

Height: 170 cm
Congrats. So what about the workouts you did along with this diet plan. Please elaborate.
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 13:39   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. Great transformation. Man you look couple of kilos less than 70. What time you recorded this weight?
Piyadassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 14:55   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
But honestly posts like your are so inspiring that it deserves a standing ovation.
Thanks a lot, bblost. All those pictures and posts of yours from the previous pages were really motivating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This is really awesome. I think your body reacted to LCHF superbly.
Thank you Samurai. Yes, I agree. The way my body reacted (better-feeling tummy, overall energy levels improved, no hunger pangs, continuous weight loss etc) was a big motivator to keep going till I reached my target!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My journey has been lot slower. Although I started in July, I have only lost 10kgs so far. But I am not in any hurry because this is a lifestyle diet and not a crash diet after which you return to the usual eating pattern.
You have been into fitness for most part of your life, unlike me. Weight is only one of the targets, right? I will be happy if I can reach half your strength or fitness levels! In any case, hope to see your post soon once you achieve your moving target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You look fantastic! Congratulations.
Make LCHF a way of life now (not just for weight loss).
Thank you so much, GTO! Of course, I did not think of this as a crash diet, and now my body seems to have gotten used to less carbs. I have strong aversion to rice and potatoes, which formed a major part of my daily meals before I started this trip. I consider this a life-style change, and not a short-term goal.

Even my wife plans to shift to LCHF once she stops nursing (cutting carbs is not recommended for nursing mothers).

Quote:
Losing weight & increasing fitness brings incredible stamina.
I so agree. Running seems much more effortless now, with around 16% less body weight to lug around! I don't run out of breath as I used to, and my chest does not ache either. And I have started wearing my new running shoes every single day.

Quote:
Please share. Thanks! I've become a big black coffee guy.
He he, it is no secret recipe. Basically, the coffee available here in Japan is bitter compared to the ones we get back home. I have been trying my best to drink the black coffee here, but it is too bitter for me. I was reading up on this, and realized that the way we prepare coffee at home, with boiling water, tends to bring out more bitterness from the beans.

Today, I asked my wife to pour the water 30 seconds or so after it was off the stove. Also, to reduce the quantity of coffee powder by a bit. Incredibly, I could drink the coffee without a pinch of sugar in it, painlessly! Hope to try it for a few more days and then make it a habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Wow!! inspiration for me to restart the diet
Thank you vibbs! Please restart your diet asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Congrats. So what about the workouts you did along with this diet plan. Please elaborate.
Thank you, Vasuki!

I was running / walking for nearly an hour every day for a month before I started the diet. I did not lose even 1 kg back then (may be I was compensating with over-eating).

Once I started the diet though, I was too busy at work (early mornings - late evenings) and hence could not devote enough time to work out. Luckily I don't have a desk job (I work on bikes, so usually spend my time wrenching in the garage or testing bikes).

The fat still burnt away bringing out the muscle from beneath. But since I did not work out well, the muscle which came out was not toned, and hence I look more weak (though I feel strong). Time to correct this now with an hour of running / exericse! Before you ask, no, I have not seen the inside of a gym in the past 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyadassi View Post
Congratulations. Great transformation. Man you look couple of kilos less than 70. What time you recorded this weight?
Thank you, Piyadassi! Weight was recorded on the same day as the photograph was taken. I am still at 70 kg. I think most of the flab burnt off, but may be the muscle weight has increased to compensate for some of the overall weight loss.
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 11:20   #1716
BHPian

Quote:

Can't thank the knowledge-base of TeamBHP enough!! This has been a life-changing experience to say the least, and I feel more alive and active than ever before!
How the hell did this happen! Jokes apart Im gyming since a year and have lost only 5 kgs and that too after I stopped having Milk and replaced it with boiled eggs in the morning. Your body has really taken in the LCHF diet. My biggest problem is we are a vegetarian household. Only eggs are possible. In your daily eating chart I saw most of it like chicken and fish is not possible with me. Plus We are rely more on roti and sometimes rice for our daily meals. Any work around that? Please advise how to manage this conflict for a typical vegan indian household. BTW you look fighting fit now
abs182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 11:55   #1717
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
My biggest problem is we are a vegetarian household. Only eggs are possible. In your daily eating chart I saw most of it like chicken and fish is not possible with me. Plus We are rely more on roti and sometimes rice for our daily meals. Any work around that?
There are couple of pure vegetarian (no egg) BHPians I know who have got great results via LCHF. Just wait for them to share their diet.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 12:40   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
My biggest problem is we are a vegetarian household. Only eggs are possible.
While researching on LCHF diet, I happened to come across this interesting link on vegetarian alternatives for pursuing this diet. There are other threads as well in this forum that list out veg meal options in conformation to LCHF.

http://www.forums.dlife.in/threads/s...h-fat-diet.63/

I too am looking forward to hearing more on only veg diet plans here at Team-bhp.

Last edited by lordvader : 20th January 2017 at 12:43.
lordvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 12:39   #1719
BHPian

I also find LCHF diet effective for fat loss, started it approx 1 month ago and already seeing positive results

Started on: 25 Dec 2016
Initial weight: 103 KG
Current weight: 96 KG
Target to achieve: 85 KG

I am sure that within 2-3 months I will achieve my target. I am non-vegetarian, hence enjoying all possible yummy dishes on daily basis!
techcoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 13:30   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I also find LCHF diet effective for fat loss, started it approx 1 month ago and already seeing positive results

I am sure that within 2-3 months I will achieve my target. I am non-vegetarian, hence enjoying all possible yummy dishes on daily basis!
Good progress. I am on the exact same path with exact same results. I started on 15th Dec with a starting weight at 108 and presently at 96 too. My target is a stiffer 75 in the next 2-3 months. Waist down from 40 to 35.
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 18:31   #1721
BHPian

Ok, let me get it started

Height: 186 cm
Weight: 120 kg
Training program starting on: 25-01-2017
Routine: 6 days high intensity strength training + 4 low intensity cardio sessions a week
Diet: Carb cycling/Keto 2 months cycle
Calorific deficit planned: 300-500/day
Supplements: Zn, folic acid, multivitamins and omega 3

Lifestyle changes: 9 hours sleep every night, no sugar/salt/sweets. 10-12 liters water intake. Increase cocoa intake

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 24th January 2017 at 18:33.
PrasannaDhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 19:53   #1722
BHPian

I'm sure not many have the liberty of having a proper LCHF diet with work schedule and lack of cook to cook the food. So, how can the diet be altered without much of change in cooking habit (in simplest possible way)?

1. Will shifting from White rice to parboiled rice (the coastal brown colored rice) help in weight loss or become part of LCHF?

2. Will shifting to Chapathi and veg curry really help in weight loss?

3. Can we have a simple list of Indian household grains that can be consumed instead of rice (apart from millet).
livyodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 20:08   #1723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Good progress. I am on the exact same path with exact same results.
Great results guys. Keep this thread updated with inspiring results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
1. Will shifting from White rice to parboiled rice (the coastal brown colored rice) help in weight loss or become part of LCHF?

2. Will shifting to Chapathi and veg curry really help in weight loss?
Nope, you ain't dropping any carbs with this. Give up rice/wheat/flour based food (which means all palavs and rotis), and switch to eating vegetable stir fry and moong dal dosa (green gram). All the non-veg food will also do fine.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 10:19   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Height: 170 cm
Viju, this is really inspiring. Being a fellow Malayalee, I can understand the difficulty in avoiding rice and other carb rich food. Well done.

I am 37 and 175 cms tall. My weight has been hovering between 104 to 110 Kgs over the past 15 to 20 years. I have tried many things to reduce it but nothing really helped. Whatever weight I lost, I gained in the double once I stopped the activity. A case of complete lack of commitment. These days all I do is to keep watch of what I am eating and trying not to overdo any

Taking inspiration from your transformation and many other successes in this thread, I have started my LCHF diet since yesterday (26 Jan 2017). It has been almost 2 days now, and I am coping well so far. I can feel changes in the body, do not know how this will affect weight loss.

This is where I stand as of yesterday.
Start:Weight 108.85 Kgs and Waist 46 cms as on 26 January 2017

I have not set any targets, but depending on the weight loss, plan to have a moving one. I had done a complete blood count test this week as recommended by the GP, but have not seen her yet, hence no idea on the counts. However, she calls me when there is a major anomaly, no calls, so hoping no major anomalies. Hoping that this would be a good base to compare against in a few months time. I am a non vegetarian and have access to great variety of meat and fat. Hope that I will be in a position to commit to this and come back in a few months with a stats like that of Viju's.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 27th January 2017 at 10:45.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 10:46   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I started on 15th Dec with a starting weight at 108 and presently at 96 too. My target is a stiffer 75 in the next 2-3 months. Waist down from 40 to 35.
Wow, wow, techcoze and patron! Great progress there! Hope to see your 'target achieved' posts really soon. Stay motivated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
I'm sure not many have the liberty of having a proper LCHF diet with work schedule and lack of cook to cook the food. So, how can the diet be altered without much of change in cooking habit (in simplest possible way)?
livyodream

Honestly, are you worried about changing the cooking habit or changing the eating habit?

Right now, you spend time to cook rice and curries. Making chapathis will take even longer than rice. Preparing 2 eggs, cutting some fruit / vegetable, cooking some meat or frying some fish is not going to take any longer than the time you are already spending in the kitchen. That is all you need to change to be on LCHF. All depends on how bad you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Viju, this is really inspiring. Being a fellow Malayalee, I can understand the difficulty in avoiding rice and other carb rich food. Well done.
basilmabraham

Thank you, and good to hear from you. Being a Malayalee (which, almost by default implies, meat eater) helps a lot in enjoying the LCHF diet. There will be changes in your body. First thing I noticed was a change in bowel activity. Give your body some time to get used to it. Avoid temptations. Keep at it, like your life depends on it (it does, actually!). Weight loss will not be linear. Monitor your weight daily (this is what kept me going, even if the loss was a mere 50 or 100 g). If you consume alcohol, you must cut down as much as you can.

Also, it was not as difficult as it might seem to stop eating rice. Only in the very beginning, I was tempted to eat rice. After a while my body started disliking rice. That too, when rice and potatoes were my favorite food before I started the diet.

Do keep us updated. Post up in case you have any questions on what to eat / not to eat! All the best. Waiting to see you, minus the extra 30 kgs you have been carrying around for so many years!!
Viju is offline   Reply With Quote