Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:23   #166
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 112
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Let me share mine too, this incident made me believe that there is definitely something which controls us.

This happened in chilling winter of December 2003 in Delhi. I was working near badarpur border area and used to do night shifts. I was on a bike near Apollo hospital redlight at about 9 PM and suddenly felt sleepy, this never ever happened earlier or after that till date. While driving I just don't feel any sleep, no matter how long I am on driver's seat. I also have no medical problems of seizure or any such things. But what happened is as I started to move as the light turn green, just at incline of bridge which is just 50 mtr ahead of that redlight I fell from the bike, with no other vehicle whatsoever in proximity which would have hit or imbalanced me. After that I don't remember anything till the time I reached my office and entered the IT room when my manager was standing in front of me and asking what is that blood coming from your knees. At that time I came to my senses and felt great pain in complete body, legs and hands were bleeding. My manager took me to doctor immediately, he was asking me continuously where, what, how it happened and I was just not able to give him any details. When we came back and saw the bike, it's clutch, starter, hand brakes are all broken and in no way anyone can start that. But till date I am not able to find the answer how I got up after I fell down, how I started that broken bike, how I rode that to reach office more than 5 KM away, absolutely no answers except that there was something which saved me that day. But what it was is still a question for me.
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:24   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 162 Times
Default

how could i mis this thread all these years....spooky!!

i have an experience to share, about 10years back when bangalore used to sleep a bit early ...i was returning home from MG;s via Johnson market - hosur road. as i cross the market little further all of a sudden i felt my bike getting heavier as if some one sat behind and as i realized this i tried to shoot off, after some distance i felt that heaviness gone!
later my friends told about the cemetery which was close by....

Commenting on couple of old posts:

Arindham, Mysore road was famous for such incidents have heard few stories, this road was tagged as killer road long back ...i collect one of the incident narrated by my uncle about 20+years back if one travels late on this road i guess around ramnagara people used to find a cop stopping them, fearing the cop they used to stop and he used to get in and after some distance he used to vanish...

spitfire, i guess have heard of such things but never witnessed any till now...

Last edited by lohithrao : 3rd June 2010 at 18:26.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:02   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
sohail99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

My dad had an experience which left me(when he narrated it to me) and him equally surprised!!

He was coming from Tilak nagar to Dhaula Quan(the place with multiple flyovers) he said that he was driving quite fast as the traffic wasn't that much.

then he came onto the flyover and had to slow down due to traffic

when he was turning towards Moti-Bagh(through a curved road coming from 'Anjan Vihar' side), suddenly he saw a single policeman standing there gesturing him to stop!

when he stopped, the cop just came over and said that he has been speeding a lot and to take it easy and drive carefully!!

thats it! no fine, nothing!

what astonished my dad was, that the speeding part he was doing, was way before reaching the flyover!

and on a busy flyover turn, there was just this one cop who specifically gestured only him to stop while others were zooming by!

I still believe that it was god's way of warning him!

Last edited by sohail99 : 3rd June 2010 at 19:05.
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:31   #169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kollam, Kerala
Posts: 368
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well not exactly spooky for me but I observed a Phenomenon and took a Photo as well which is posted in Non auto image thread.

In coonoor on the way to Dolphin point the road was blocked due to a village temple festival , We parked our vehicle and took a stroll to the spot.

There was a queue of 7-8 devotees with Trishool pierced across the cheeks and they were in trans , They were taken one by one to a spot where on beats of drum they went in to spasm and Trishool was pulled out by others. There was no blood or flesh in the hole process I looked quite closely to check if the piercing is real or some sort of trick but the metal rod was actually pierced.

They had no sign of pain or fear on their faces
It is in fact a very common scene in Kerala and if I am not mistaken, more so in Tamil Nadu. These horrible acts are done by devotees of Muruga temples and even recently on the highway near Kollam I happened to see a procession of hundreds of them of both both gender with both cheeks and many of them with their tongues too pierced with very long metal rods. Said to be done in auto-hypnotic trance. Similar is the case of walking on fire in southern states and even Srilanka. I don't feel there is anything of a miracle in these things.
Having said that I have myself had two experiences which can only be termed as supernatural. And I was not the only witness, on both the occasions there were 3 and 4 others who too were educated, sane and sober!
By the way I am not at all superstitious and do not go to any temple or church other than just to see or photograph.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:25   #170
BHPian
 
KRRaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
how could i mis this thread all these years....spooky!!

i have an experience to share, about 10years back when bangalore used to sleep a bit early ...i was returning home from MG;s via Johnson market - hosur road. as i cross the market little further all of a sudden i felt my bike getting heavier as if some one sat behind and as i realized this i tried to shoot off, after some distance i felt that heaviness gone!
later my friends told about the cemetery which was close by....
.
Oh yeah. Looks like a friendly christian ghost took a short ride with you..
As your friends remarked, it has happened as you passed the Roman Catholic Cemetry.; spooky really. I have driven that way so many times, even nearer midnight once.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:07   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 487
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Have you ever had your cat stare blankly at you......well it scared the ***T out of me!!! I laughed it off initially, but then I slowly sneaked my way out....LOL
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:44   #172
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

This is surely an interesting thread. I am a non-believer in all this stuff but, this week has been weird.

On Tuesday, 1st June 10, I reached home by 3:30am and wanted to sleep but a dog in the next lane started howling from 3:30AM to around 6AM (Of course not continuously)

Yesterday, Wednesday , 2nd June 10, a guy living a couple of houses away died after colliding with a tipper on the way back home from his trip. Knew the guy ... I took tuition for him ( he is a 4-5 yrs younger to me) . Sad News.

Also, on Wednesday, Mysteriously .. one of my wife's slippers landed on the 2nd floor from first floor. I suspect a cat to be involved but it's weird because my Dog didnt bark at all.

Yesterday, at 4:10AM , one of the GOD's picture fell down and glass was strewn all across the hall. Again, I feel it might have been a gush of wind or a rat which climbed the corner stand. But my dog didnt budge from his place ( He is very active and alert)

Funny, Mysterious, Crazy ... but it all happened in these 3 days.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 02:18   #173
BHPian
 
dr.faramroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Valsad/Mumbai
Posts: 156
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

We had stored a few glass cold drink bottles in the freezer and one of the lot burst but while keeping them in the empty tray all 24 were intact.
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 11:50   #174
Senior - BHPian
 
akshay4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chandigarh/Mohali/Ambala Cantt
Posts: 3,755
Thanked: 1,544 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
This is surely an interesting thread. I am a non-believer in all this stuff but, this week has been weird.

On Tuesday, 1st June 10, I reached home by 3:30am and wanted to sleep but a dog in the next lane started howling from 3:30AM to around 6AM (Of course not continuously)

Yesterday, Wednesday , 2nd June 10, a guy living a couple of houses away died after colliding with a tipper on the way back home from his trip. Knew the guy ... I took tuition for him ( he is a 4-5 yrs younger to me) . Sad News.

Also, on Wednesday, Mysteriously .. one of my wife's slippers landed on the 2nd floor from first floor. I suspect a cat to be involved but it's weird because my Dog didnt bark at all.

Yesterday, at 4:10AM , one of the GOD's picture fell down and glass was strewn all across the hall. Again, I feel it might have been a gush of wind or a rat which climbed the corner stand. But my dog didnt budge from his place ( He is very active and alert)

Funny, Mysterious, Crazy ... but it all happened in these 3 days.
Well I can relate an Incident of dog howling.
We have a Pet,and in 1997 my grandfather was hospitalized
and my Pet started howling one evening.
after 2 days the doctors gave up and he was brought back home,where my grandfather had his last breath.
not to mention,that was the only day my dog howled\cried,never before that,never after that.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 12:18   #175
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,449
Thanked: 281 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
We had stored a few glass cold drink bottles in the freezer and one of the lot burst but while keeping them in the empty tray all 24 were intact.
Can you elaborate? I am not getting what is the spooky behaviour here?

Water shows anomalous behaviour between +4 to -4 degrees. This is why water pipes burst in winter in cold countries.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 12:42   #176
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Well I can relate an Incident of dog howling.
We have a Pet,and in 1997 my grandfather was hospitalized
and my Pet started howling one evening.
after 2 days the doctors gave up and he was brought back home,where my grandfather had his last breath.
not to mention,that was the only day my dog howled\cried,never before that,never after that.
its common for pets to sense people in distress, there have been many instances of dog saving human owners when they suffered a cardiac arrest.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 12:55   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 364 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
While driving I just don't feel any sleep, no matter how long I am on driver's seat. I also have no medical problems of seizure or any such things. But what happened is as I started to move as the light turn green, just
...
...
...
back and saw the bike, it's clutch, starter, hand brakes are all broken and in no way anyone can start that. But till date I am not able to find the answer how I got up after I fell down, how I started that broken bike, how I rode that to reach office more than 5 KM away, absolutely no answers except that there was something which saved me that day. But what it was is still a question for me.
This is just memory loss. You might have met with an accident, and somehow managed to get up and ride the bike again, but you lost your memory probably because your head hitting somewhere hard.

Losing the memory in such circumstances is like cutting a section of tape off and glue-ing the other ends together in a video tape. You won't even sense that some time has passed. It's not like sleeping.

My cousin who was staying with us, calls up on a Sunday evening and asking us whether we have any idea where he was going! He had an accident and he even forgot where he was heading to. He just lost the memory of what happened and all he could remember was that he is in some hospital in some area in Bangalore. It initially freaked us out, and we had some difficulty locating the hospital and reaching there!

Last edited by clevermax : 4th June 2010 at 13:04.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 13:49   #178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 112
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
This is just memory loss. You might have met with an accident, and somehow managed to get up and ride the bike again, but you lost your memory probably because your head hitting somewhere hard.
May be you are right, but how would you explain starting the bike of which everything is broken and riding it when even the clutch is not working ? And I was wearing helmet and there was not even a single scratch on helmet which shows that my head hit the road.

Last edited by humans : 4th June 2010 at 13:51.
humans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 10:10   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Wow. Great thread with some believable and some unbelievable incidents shared by folks here. Unfortunately or fortunately, I do not have any such personal experiences to share. But me being adventurous, I have always wanted to explore haunted sites and areas with friends. To visit some haunted castles in UK, Ireland with bunch of friends has been on my wish list for a long time.
rajivn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 13:21   #180
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Many of the cases explained here are mostly our mind playing game. You may call it hallucination/illusion. A weary mind is much more vulnerable to this sort of things then an alert mind. When we are alone we would be bit scared and the thoughts of scarry things creeps into our minds. And then slowly our mind plays the trick of those things happening around us, like feeling someone seating next to us or seeing something in our periphery vision. Or in the worst case in case of long drives fall into sleep on the wheel and still hallucinating about being awake in sleep.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Discount Coupon Thread - Share them here Mr.Boss Shifting gears 395 15th September 2017 17:50
finally PTT(push to talk) is in INDIA. share your experiences here foby.sebastian Gadgets, Computers & Software 10 29th March 2010 14:56
Phoenix Hyundai, Mumbai: Share your experiences Mumbaikar Indian Car Dealerships 2 26th November 2006 15:36
How Bad Can The Fitting Guys Be....share Ur Experiences Here esteem_lover In-Car Entertainment 3 17th July 2006 13:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks