Quote:
Harvard Neurosurgeon Confirms The Afterlife Exists
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 19:46   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Another one for the heavenly tourism genre?
There was this bestseller not long ago, called "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" about a 6 year old boy who was in a coma and claimed that he went to heaven, complete with angels and all.6 years later, the boy says it was all a lie!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-to-publisher/

Anyway, recently i discovered this website:
www.strangeusa.com
Next time any of you visit USA, look up the place you are going to and indulge in some spooky tourism
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 19:24   #528
BHPian

When I first bumped on to this thread, I lapped up all what's in it.
As I read through* it took me back to those days yonder, when I was entertained with all such spooky stories by my grandparents. It was fun then, but never left an impression within until....
I landed in Paris in the afternoon, on one of my official visits. Had a hotel booking at Ibis Roissypole.*
Well, checked in and was allocated a room in the new wing they had added then. Checked out for some other colleague expected from the Middle East region, but apparently he had not checked in.
With nothing to do, just relaxed and had some Coke with its natural mix then. Switched on the TV and wad watching "Canal 5" as they have some "interesting movies" during the weekends. Dozed off and was in slumber when was woken with a whistle. Then it was panic, I felt someone sitting on my chest and strangulating me. The face seemed blurred but hairy. I may have screamed out loud, but it was 3 in the morning (realised later). I was thrashing my hands around and after a bit of struggle, felt free but was panting and drenched in cold sweat. Lay down for a few minutes to catch my breath and gulped down a bottle of water.
Felt totally blown. I lay down with all lights and the TV on till morning 6.
My first thought was to change the room, but I hesitated as I would just not be able to explain my experience. More difficult being the language barrier, as English even if understood by them is treated with a look which may roast you.
The next morning I met up with my colleagues from other parts of the world and when I related to them my experience they were shaken. One of had a knife placed under his pillow until the end of stay. Though I was advised to change the room by my colleagues who were willing to share, I did not. The next night was a big party, and I entered the room only around 3 am. With all lights and TV being switched on, I cared to*
hoots!!!
Though I visited numerous times thereafter, I avoided the hotel. Till date no clue of what could have been it. However whatever it was it blew my daylights out....
Vishyvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 23:37   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
When I first bumped on to this thread, I lapped up all what's in it.
As I read through* it took me back to those days yonder, when I was entertained with all such spooky stories by my grandparents. It was fun then, but never left an impression within until....
I landed in Paris in the afternoon, on one of my official visits. Had a hotel booking at Ibis Roissypole.*
Well, checked in and was allocated a room in the new wing they had added then. Checked out for some other colleague expected from the Middle East region, but apparently he had not checked in.
With nothing to do, just relaxed and had some Coke with its natural mix then. Switched on the TV and wad watching "Canal 5" as they have some "interesting movies" during the weekends. Dozed off and was in slumber when was woken with a whistle. Then it was panic, I felt someone sitting on my chest and strangulating me. The face seemed blurred but hairy. I may have screamed out loud, but it was 3 in the morning (realised later). I was thrashing my hands around and after a bit of struggle, felt free but was panting and drenched in cold sweat. Lay down for a few minutes to catch my breath and gulped down a bottle of water..
Do not worry Sir ! By your description, it looks like Sleep Paralysis, terrible as it may seem, yet quite a common occurrence !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

And I guess you have not read all the pages in this thread or you would have known this. Many of the bhpians quite felt the same !
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 05:17   #530
BHPian

Have heard of sleep paralysis, but I forgot to mention that what really gave me the goose bumps was when I saw a long blonde hair across my chest in the morning.
Old 15th March 2015, 15:02   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have heard of sleep paralysis, but I forgot to mention that what really gave me the goose bumps was when I saw a long blonde hair across my chest in the morning.

Long-blonde hair. Across your chest!?

Are you really sure?

Last edited by FINTAIL : 15th March 2015 at 15:03.
FINTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 17:24   #532
BHPian

Oh yeah Fintail. No, I did not have any visitor's in the room the previous evening. Kept the hair to show it to my colleagues the next morning. Then dumped it as have me the creeps. Avoided the hotel altogether thereafter.
Old 15th March 2015, 20:02   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Oh yeah Fintail. No, I did not have any visitor's in the room the previous evening. Kept the hair to show it to my colleagues the next morning. Then dumped it as have me the creeps. Avoided the hotel altogether thereafter.
Blonde hair! That sounds interesting. But I'm quite apprehensive what the intention of that devil might be by leaving a hair strand. Remains of human hair are a common sight around us and one of the hair strewn around might have found its way to your chest. Some shuffling around in a crowd or lift before coming to the room could also be a reason.

Sorry for being judgemental but I'm just trying to analyze since the symptoms described are too similar to sleep paralysis.
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 16:56   #534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope. It wasn't sleep paralysis.
You escaped lightly. Very lightly.
What you encountered was the widow.

To understand, you first have to know the full story. The area in question was not always an airport. The airport came 1966.

And before 1966, we had the world war 2.

If you read about world war 2, you will know how France was Humiliated.

During those times, there was an honest farmer by the name of Paul-Henri.
Marie-Jacques was his wife, and they lived a simple but honest life.

When the Germans came, this man could not sit idle. From his farm, he supported the resistance with food, clothing, wool and anything he could spare.
Marie had a nurse training, and helped many "Free france" fighters recover.

It was late 1943, that spotters warned them of an advancing German party.
Paul and Marie hid in a secret room, built to shelter fighters. Not finding anybody there, Germans started pouring petrol.

Realizing what was happening, Paul hit his wife to make her unconscious, and then rushed up to surrender. For four hours they tortured him but he refused to divulge anything and then they shot him. The death was slow and painful, and when Marie came about he was still screaming.

She took the same crowbar, and ran out screaming at the Germans. About 40 bullets were fired, and she went down.

The war ended, Germans were defeated, but her soul does not rest
She sometimes breaks the veil, and roams about looking for foreigners, thinking them to be invaders, and trying to kill them. She had lovely long blonde locks.

I think you survived, because her ghost realized you were not a Nazi out to conquer France. Normally, in rage, Ghosts see no reason. You must have a guardian angel looking over you.

Next time you go to France, do not stay in this area, or it could be your last.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 17:06   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Spooky Experiences : Share them here-untitled.jpg

The very sight of the above (this particular thread and the text inside the area marked in red) and I was prepared for this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

To understand, you first have to know the full story. ------------

saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 19:03   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post

Sorry for being judgemental but I'm just trying to analyze since the symptoms described are too similar to sleep paralysis.
Don't feel sorry buddy. When I said was aware of sleep paralysis, it was due to past experiences. My earlier workplace had a lot of spooky stories. Stories similar to symptoms of paralysis and also sight of apparitions seen. In fact there was a staff resting room for those who were on shifts, which had all religious symbols and other stuff left by personnel who had experiences. I never believed all what was heard as I needed to experience same. Well I did, not an apparition nor paralysis but sounds in a closed room. This place before it turned into the unit it was, used to be studio with some accident
al deaths. My co-worker too had the same ideology as me, till he experienced what some term as sleep paralysis. He never used to sleep after, even if it meant staying awake to catch the first train home.

Quote:

Tanveer, have avoided the hotel in all of my subsequent visits, even though it was convenient. One question though, do you feel it would be limited to a particular floor, or room!!
Had stayed in this hotel before too.
Thanks.
Old 16th March 2015, 19:45   #537
BHPian

Quote:

To understand, you first have to know the full story. The area in question was not always an airport. The airport came 1966.

And before 1966, we had the world war 2.

Off late its more spooky reading your explanations, that the experience itself. You really have talent to make the readers believe in the explanation itself, though it is loaded with humor!!
raghu.t.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 20:09   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tanveer, have avoided the hotel in all of my subsequent visits, even though it was convenient. One question though, do you feel it would be limited to a particular floor, or room!!
Had stayed in this hotel before too.
Thanks.
It was meant to be a joke- Sounded very convincing to me though!
FINTAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 10:55   #539
BHPian

Sharing my spooky experience :

Last night I was travelling from Delhi (Badarpur) to Faridabad to drop a friend in my Alto. We took the route from Bypass road instead of Mathura road, to avoid the traffic due to the Metro construction work. It was 9.45 PM, no music in the car, windows were rolled up as it was pretty cold (because of the rains).

My friend told me NOT to honk in the stretch between Sector 9 and Sector 8 turn, as there was a graveyard on the left side (our side). I heard a knocking sound on the rear windshield, and thought that it was my friend doing it. He had also heard the sound and thought that I was making it. Together we said, "Please stop that sound" and we both were shocked for some time. And those were continuous 8-10 knocks on the rear glass.

Reached his home and checked for something wrong behind the car. But everything looked normal. Took the Mathura Road route back to Gurgaon, coupled with some Bhakti songs.
Nik2772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 12:46   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik2772 View Post

My friend told me NOT to honk in the stretch between Sector 9 and Sector 8 turn, as there was a graveyard on the left side (our side).
In the urban context, people have forgotten this, but in rural India (about half a century ago), perhaps even today the thing was that Muslims used to claim that ghosts are present at cremation grounds while graveyard is actually a place of peace, and Hindus used to claim that ghosts are present at such cemeteries.

So all this ghost business looks to be highly influenced by culture/religion/geography.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote