Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 28th April 2014, 00:59   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Broken Collar Bone Report

Hello fellow bhpians,

I join this club of broken collarbone bhpians on 24th April 2014,

Had a fall from my bullet and fractured the left clavicle and two ribs. My doctor ( he had fixed my right femur (thigh) bone back in 2006) has advised against surgery and to allow it to heal naturally . I am given figure of 8 braces and a sling. He says its typically 6 to 8 weeks for any fracture to heal. Age is a factor here (I am 32) . Only in severe cases of non union a surgery is needed and hopefully I won't need one. The doctor has prescribed some medicines (few tablets)

So now I am a little broken can't do much in the physical world but we as a generation are really lucky to have a virtual world (the Internet) , was released from the hospital yesterday (26th) and the first thing I did was research online about clavicle fractures , saw some you tube videos as well. one forum that really got me hooked and lifted my spirits in a way is pin bike . Its a very common thing there and people break it multiple times , they make it sound like a really small thing to happen (so highly recommended read) also the recovery times discussed are very encouraging.

I am on day 3 today and will repost my status every week if it's fine. To be honest the only times it pains now is when u get on and off the bed. Rest it is manageable , once I am up , I can move around, talk, laughing is painful due to the broken ribs.

Healing vibes to all , laters

Last edited by Vishbull_6157 : 28th April 2014 at 01:03. Reason: Additional inputs
Vishbull_6157 is offline   Reply With Quote