Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th December 2009, 12:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi Guys,

I talked to my manager and mailed all the facts. He was compassionate and told me that he would release me by the end of this month. He has communicated this to the customer also. But when I talked with the HR, he was quite heartless he said I would need to come to office no matter what and what happens.

Please suggest.
As long as your manager agrees, you don't have to worry. The HR usually doesn't have much say over these issues. I guess the max they can do is to make you buyout the notice period.
Make sure you get everything in writing from your manager, including the release date.

- Jag
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 13:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
As long as your manager agrees, you don't have to worry. The HR usually doesn't have much say over these issues. I guess the max they can do is to make you buyout the notice period.
Make sure you get everything in writing from your manager, including the release date.

- Jag
What does your contract state ? Can you buy out the notice period ? Read the contract and act accordingly.
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 23:31   #18
BHPian

Well the contract says that we can buy the notice period. These are extreme circumstances. My line manager has talked to the HR again today. The HR seem to shift his stance right now. I told him that I would produce all medical certificates and other related stuff. Lets see what happens on Monday.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 08:42   #19
BHPian

tough luck. The problem is I have seen many staff use the sick leave excuse to work around the notice period requirement. Oldest game in town!

buying the notice period may be legal. But ultimately its the PM who has to take a call on when you can be relieved.

The key here is KT. The new resource who is to take your place on the project needs to have proper KT so the take over can be smooth. Give your PM a assured timetable for the KT and I am sure he/she wont have any problems signing your exit papers.

Last edited by COUGAR : 5th December 2009 at 08:44.
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 10:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
tough luck. The problem is I have seen many staff use the sick leave excuse to work around the notice period requirement. Oldest game in town!

buying the notice period may be legal. But ultimately its the PM who has to take a call on when you can be relieved.

The key here is KT. The new resource who is to take your place on the project needs to have proper KT so the take over can be smooth. Give your PM a assured timetable for the KT and I am sure he/she wont have any problems signing your exit papers.
Sorry, if the contract says, you can buy out the notice period you can. And the company has to comply with it. I have had people give us 1 day notice and we have had to let them go as well as give them the experience certificate and all. The reverse is also true. If the company wants to sack you, then can do so by buying out the notice.
So, if the employee really wants to leave in say 30 days, he has to provide in writing, that his last date is XX/XX/XXXX and that he is willing to pay out the notice period and that whatever KT needs to be arranged should be done to an existing resource.
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 16:29   #21
BHPian

yes. I would confirm with the HR once again on Monday and get a mail which has my end date.

my resignation has already been communicated to my client manager. Hence I would need to give KT to another resource and then leave.

I will talk to my manager and get a release date.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote