Default Re: C-Section becoming a trend in hospitals

21 C-sections in 2 days: http://www.hindustantimes.com/21-cae...e1-688452.aspx

Investigation ordered.
Probe confirms unusually high number of cesareans - The Times of India
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 17:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: C-Section becoming a trend in hospitals

Believe it or not, few hospitals (rather should I say almost every) give targets to the panel doctor on a quarterly basis. My F-I-L is a doctor and he has seen these things every closely. As he says, its a sad story of this great country that now profession like this has also come under monetary terms. Its not bad for a doctor to earn money but then it should not become a day light robbery.

In 80% of the cases, C-section is done to earn quick money. Almost 60-70% would be mothers are insured upto 1L, and then this is kinda a low risk item for them to earn money.

In today's world everything is measured in money. Be it a medical field or an educational institute, nothing is spared. Thankfully, in my case because of my F-I-L's wide friends circle in this field, my wife would get a correct and required treatment.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote