Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 13th April 2010, 16:01   #61
BHPian

Its really sad to see that even after all these years they dont seem to have a website for TopGear India. Its very difficult if someone wants to subscribe to it. The magazine has a form where you can fill up all your credit card information and snail mail it to them. But then that is so oldschool i doubt if people trust that method any longer. Nobody would want to risk sending out sensitive information like that by post to some address. Its very surprising theyre the biggest automotive title television and magazine combined and the least i would expect from them is to get these small issues sorted out. Im sure theyre missing out on a lot of subscribers because of these[including myself]. I did try the SMS alternative and didnt get any response from that either.
Anyways its really sad to see this happen. Top Gear if youre listening, please wake up!
liquidmetal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 22:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
Its really sad to see that even after all these years they dont seem to have a website for TopGear India. Its very difficult if someone wants to subscribe to it. The magazine has a form where you can fill up all your credit card information and snail mail it to them. But then that is so oldschool i doubt if people trust that method any longer. Nobody would want to risk sending out sensitive information like that by post to some address. Its very surprising theyre the biggest automotive title television and magazine combined and the least i would expect from them is to get these small issues sorted out. Im sure theyre missing out on a lot of subscribers because of these[including myself]. I did try the SMS alternative and didnt get any response from that either.
Anyways its really sad to see this happen. Top Gear if youre listening, please wake up!
Brother please please dont ever subscribe TOPGEAR from Times Of India because I did the same biggest mistake by subscribing. Right from very first issue I was told by them that I will get my copies by courier before 7th of every month,now it is 6 months already but till today I never got my copies without calling them and reminding them almost begging to send my copy to me.
These STUPID girls attending your calls at Times Of India have ready and same answer that their courier is not co operating,sometimes my copies were given away to some other persons, and Iwas sent my copy almost at end of the month.
They dont even have courtesy and manners to call back to you if you remind them about the delay in getting your copy. Latest copy of Top gear is a 3 D magzine , this time they sent the copy and created blunder by not sending 3D glasses with the issue. I called them and asked for the 3 D glasses to be sent to me, since without the 3D glasses the magzine is useless and I will spoil my eye sight and daily they are saying that they have sent the glasses to me, but it is almost 7 days today and the glasses are yet to come, over and above they dont share courier details with you you are not given courier name,docket no,and dispatch details,etc, in short you keep waiting for your issue and it will come to you at their convinience. PLEASE BUY THE COPY FROM NEWS STAND
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2010, 22:25   #63
BHPian

Hey Iqbal - Sorry to hear of your plight man, this is exactly the reason why i go to the newstand to pick up all my copies. Don't know where my magazines like Nat geo, Autocar, & business today used to disappear

I find it really funny that a mag can be in 3D !? Everybody seems to be jumping onto the 3D wagon nowadays. What will we have next .. 3D newspapers ??
nirmaljusdoit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 22:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Hey Iqbal - Sorry to hear of your plight man, this is exactly the reason why i go to the newstand to pick up all my copies. Don't know where my magazines like Nat geo, Autocar, & business today used to disappear

I find it really funny that a mag can be in 3D !? Everybody seems to be jumping onto the 3D wagon nowadays. What will we have next .. 3D newspapers ??
After almost calling Times Of India for more then 30 times the 3D cardboard glasses were delivered. I wore them to see the 3D effect of the pages and found that photos dont at all appear 3D ,in fact there is no difference with or without glasses.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 23:43   #65
BHPian

Top gear anniversary issue was much publicized in all the newspapers but went out of stock very early. With great difficulty, hunted it down and purchased my copy at Reliance timeout and the photography was well worth the effort. There is nothing great about the reviews and other written words, but the the pictures were truly marvelous and does indeed have the 3D effect. @IQBAL VEERJI, you might have got ineffective 3D glasses, the one I got is truly effective. Also, I saw the sticker of Outlook magazine as publishers on the cover of the same, maybe the publishers changed midway. So all the difficulty with subscription matters.
v.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 10:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Top gear anniversary issue was much publicized in all the newspapers but went out of stock very early. With great difficulty, hunted it down and purchased my copy at Reliance timeout and the photography was well worth the effort. There is nothing great about the reviews and other written words, but the the pictures were truly marvelous and does indeed have the 3D effect. @IQBAL VEERJI, you might have got ineffective 3D glasses, the one I got is truly effective.
I have to say, I hated the silly '3D' gimmick with those Red/Blue 3D glasses which I remember from two decades ago. First of all, I like to read my magazine and look at the pictures anywhere, not having to carry silly 3D glasses with me.

Secondly, I do wear spectacles already. Those 3D glasses did not fit unless I removed my spects. Wow, so now, the pictures are not clear at all.

Thirdly, all the lovely pictures, esp. of the supercar shootout, were looking blurry due to the requirement of having them in 3D and were ruined.

And lastly, why was the poster in 3D??? When I put a poster on the wall, I do not want to wear friggin glasses to look at it. Without the glasses, the poster looks blurry.
avi550m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 12:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
PLEASE BUY THE COPY FROM NEWS STAND
Sorry to hear about your ordeal but I have never faced any such issues. Touch wood, I got my copy on time with a DVD and 3D glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Thirdly, all the lovely pictures, esp. of the supercar shootout, were looking blurry due to the requirement of having them in 3D and were ruined.

And lastly, why was the poster in 3D??? When I put a poster on the wall, I do not want to wear friggin glasses to look at it. Without the glasses, the poster looks blurry.
I agree the 3D issue is just a gimmick but then the images do look good when viewed with the glasses.

And its an EPIC Fail to have the poster in 3D, and to top it all this months poster is awesome. Damn!
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 16:17   #68
BHPian

My Top Gear Collection.
Right from Nov 2005 - June 2013.
Issue No.3 - No.94 ,A few are missing though.
Started reading it as a 12yr old and i'm still reading and collecting it at 20.
We petrolheads start young, don't we?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130616_161514.png
Views: 103
Size:  452.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130616_161554.png
Views: 103
Size:  312.8 KB
saadat1992 is offline   Reply With Quote