Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 27th July 2010, 06:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Almost impossible to source legally.
Not really. Go to any kirana shop, ask for "ant powder" and you will get it.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 13:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
If you feel your car has colony of ants, use the Boric Powder method.

take little flour, mix some sugar powder and boric powder. make it like dough, using water.

make small balls and place somewhere in car for few days, and if your car had queen ant multiplying ants, she's be dead soon.

This method also works great for kitchen ants/roaches.

Infact the sugar makes them eat, and boric powder makes their stomach fail.
This is by far the best and safest method. It will kill the queen. Don't waste too much time with the other ants. The queen will replace them faster than you can get rid of them.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 11:06   #33
BHPian

Default Ants Flying from the AC !!

I have a unique problem. There are black ants flying out from the blower when i switch on my AC. The AC is in internal circulation mode. I have got the blower cleaned twice, but still the ants keep flying out.

It is quite irritating. We have tried put naphthalene balls(powdered) in the duct but still not much use. The service guy is to use HIT and leave it for a day by not using the car and then see. The other option is completely open the dashboard and get it cleaned.

Anyone faced this situation ? Any pointers ?

Thanks.
madhukar_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 11:11   #34
BHPian

Default Not ants but roaches

In my old Alto, I had problems of small roaches. A nice dose of HIT (see to it that you don't spray it on transparent plastic/Dash as it leaves stains. Dash stains can be cleaned to a certain extent but stains on transparent plastic cannot be removed) and then kept the car in the hot sun for a day with all windows rolled up did wonders. Never faced the problem again.

You can try it out too.

Last edited by f1fan : 19th October 2010 at 11:13.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 12:52   #36

Default Re: Ants in the bonnet / Car

I am facing a big problem because of ants. I had sprayed hit on the tyres and below the mats of my car just before i left for home for diwali. After five days when i came back i saw ants were still there in the car, infact even more this time. Also i noticed a lot of dead ants on the seats and below the mats, possibly because of the insecticide.

is there a permanent solution for this. spraying insecticide and making your own car a graveyard isnt a right solution. has anyone used laxman rekha , how effective is it?
ankitvarshneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 17:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ants in the bonnet / Car

Guys
I just bought a 2009 Vista and had got the interiors completely cleaned professionally. 2 days back I noticed ants moving behind the glass surface of the HEAD UNIT !! when i removed the head unit, there was a big bunch of red ants moving around. Immediately, i removed the entire music system and took it home and placed some honey near it. a few thousands of ants came out and then i did some visual check and noticed that there were still quite a few staying back in between the thin metal layers of the music system. tried blowing them off. once I was sure all were gone, put the music system back.

Today i noticed that there are still many red ants ( and a white powdery substance in other parts of the car - may be ant eggs )

i am clueless what these ants are surviving on ? there is no bad smell indicating a dead animal on which the ants might be feeding ?

How do i get rid of these buggers permaently ?
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote