| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|11th December 2009, 11:00||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Life Saving Rules
I happen to work for a company which a proactive approach towards safety and they've given us a card(looks like a credit card) which states the common life saving rules which can be applied in all aspects of life. Believe me guys these work.
I am not allowed to share the name of the company due to copyright reasons etc
maybe if you guys google you can stumble upon some more info regarding this
So here goes.
1. Work with a valid work-permit when required
2. Conduct gas tests when required
3. Verify Isolation before work begins and use specific life protecting equipment
4. Obtain authorization before entering a confined space
5. Obtain authorization before overriding or disabling safety critical equipment
6. Protect yourself against fall when working at heights
7. Do not work under suspended load
8. Do not smoke outside designated smoking areas
9. No alcohol or drugs while working or driving
10. While driving donot use phone or exceed speed limits
11. Wear seat belt at all times
12. Follow a plan with regard to any work/procedure/journey etc.
I believe that us Indians are a little lackadaisical regarding safety/security issues and harvest a "chalta hai" attitude way beyond acceptance.
Say for example "How may of us overload electrical plug points with multi plugs ? "
i would appreciate if you guys just sit and think about it for a moment. My purpose would be served
Note for MODS:
1. If thread is already existing then please do the needful
2. Also how about producing a trendy looking card - specifying the life saving rules like these ones or whichever you guys feel is more appropriate for day to day life - just for bhpians by bhpians. May be distributing with the stickers. Just give it a thought big daddy's.
|11th December 2009, 14:23||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 1,120 Times
Don't know if what you posted has any relevance to cars. But I guess it's a good idea to make a set of rules/guidelines that the Team BHP members will adhere to. Maybe get them printed and stick them on the car's windshield or rear window?
|11th December 2009, 14:52||#3|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 457 Times
You mean like the ten commandments of safe driving?
1) Thou shalt always wear a seatbelt/helmet, even if the hairstylist disagrees.
2) Thou shalt not honk unnecessarily, not even to frighten annoying kids on bicycles
3) Thou shalt not splash water on pedestrians on rainy days unless they look dirty and need a shower
4) Thou shalt not drink and drive unless the beer that you have is root beer.
5) Thou shalt stick to the speed limit and stay within thy lane unless pursued by armed gunmen
6) Thou shalt never street race unless thy name be Vin Diesel.
7) Thou shalt not take thy hand off the wheel/handlebars while driving, not even to make rude gestures at fellow road users.
8) Thou shalt not drive when sleepy unless thou art looking for a permanent rest.
9) Thou shalt not drive without a license even if thou badly wants a midnight snack from the 7-11.
10) Thou shalt not use thy SUV as a weapon except when thou art starring in a Bollywood movie.
|12th December 2009, 06:28||#4|
Join Date: Oct 2009
regarding sticker in the window i am not so sure but we could make an "always carry" card
thats what these rules are meant for.
MODS : how about renaming this thread as the safety thread. maybe only safety issues refarding everything can be discussed here. (or not)
|13th December 2009, 09:38||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Thanked: 25 Times
Mclaren has got some nice rules. LOL
I have one more Rule which everyone needs to follow on the road.
Please get out of the Way of a Faster Vehicle. Everyone has the Right to decide as to how fast he needs to go. Do not try your luck by blocking a Faster Vehicle.
|13th December 2009, 11:36||#6|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 6,692 Times
Your company's name is not going to be "copyright" --- but their safety card, which you have copied, may very well be!
Safety: always good. Accidents don't happen; they are caused by something.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Team-BHP saving my money on Auto magazine||satish_appasani||Shifting gears||42||6th November 2011 23:43|
|Life Saving or Survival Skills.. Do you have them ?||StarVegabond||Shifting gears||21||7th September 2010 19:24|
|Tried saving one life today - Bike accident||Firebird||Street Experiences||81||16th December 2009 17:08|
|WagonR - Alpine+Coustic+Kicker=Space Saving (No tall claims though!!!)||pt7||In-Car Entertainment||18||22nd July 2008 23:38|
|Saving SMSes on the computer||Vivekphadnis||Gadgets, Computers & Software||18||25th May 2006 08:39|