Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 16th December 2009, 13:06   #1
BHPian

Default Hyderabad TBHPians Need help: AVATAR Tickets

Guys,

I have booked tickets from Bangalore to Hyderabad for this weekend. Main plan was to watch AVATAR in IMAX 3D.

The bookings at Prasads IMAX opened today afternoon.

Immediately, there was connectivity problem with the theatre.

Bookmyshow people said Prasads side problem. Prasads people said cant help.

Now the website says all tickets sold out for Saturday and Sunday

Please please if anybody is going to Prasads today or tomorrow to buy tickets, please check and if available please buy 2 tickets for AVATAR IMAX 3D for any show on 19 Dec or morning, noon show of 20 Dec.
ashwinsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Glad to know you got them Ashwin. Are you also paying extra (Rs.50) for using the 3D glasses or buying 'em at Rs.2000?

Btw, after your trip completion, look forward to some snaps from your end of Hyderabad. Would be nice to see it from a non-hydie perspective
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Glad to know you got them Ashwin. Are you also paying extra (Rs.50) for using the 3D glasses or buying 'em at Rs.2000?

Btw, after your trip completion, look forward to some snaps from your end of Hyderabad. Would be nice to see it from a non-hydie perspective
He did not get them----if you read his entire post, you will come to know his plight.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 14:54   #4
BHPian

Update:

Sorry for the delay in updating guys.

@vnabhi and @all , After making this post, all of a sudden, two tickets were available (I kept refreshing the website) and booked immediately. Cant believe it.

The tickets are fourth row from the front. Anybody here has been to Prasads, kindly enlighten if that row is bad for viewing or manageable?

Anyways, thanks for reading.

And @mobike008 , surely will post a travelogue (with valuable hotel booking tips from a certain TBHPian ). But dont know how many photos I can take.

Psst: a good Dubai infologue coming soon!
Old 16th December 2009, 14:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Update:

Sorry for the delay in updating guys.

@vnabhi and @all , After making this post, all of a sudden, two tickets were available (I kept refreshing the website) and booked immediately. Cant believe it.

The tickets are fourth row from the front. Anybody here has been to Prasads, kindly enlighten if that row is bad for viewing or manageable?

Anyways, thanks for reading.

And @mobike008 , surely will post a travelogue (with valuable hotel booking tips from a certain TBHPian ). But dont know how many photos I can take.

Psst: a good Dubai infologue coming soon!
Ashwin, 4th row aint bad. I was once horrified to sit on the first row in Prasad's and ever since that image i see 3-4 images even now

All said and done, Avaatar is much hyped and thank your stars for your one day visit in Hyd, you getting a chance to check it out.

Btw, dont forget to scare your wife in the horror house in Prasadz and try their ice-creams at the ground floor, yummy !
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 15:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post

If its in the middle it would be manageble, on the sides especially on the left you would have difficulties. I belive it would be too much in the face in the fourth row, but heck thats what 3d is all about.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 15:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, dont forget to scare your wife in the horror house in Prasadz !
LOL I am not yet married to her!

And will check out the things you've mentioned.

@pramodkumar , thanks mate. Will see how it goes. I was really hoping to get better seats but Prasads IMAX people messed up the booking.

These are the seats I have got (screen shot of some other show hence lot of open seats. Show I have booked is sold out)

Hyderabad TBHPians Need help: AVATAR Tickets-fd.jpg

Request to Mods: The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled as I already got the tickets. Maybe the title can be changed to RESOLVED or thread locked as the team deems fit. Thanks!

Last edited by ashwinsid : 16th December 2009 at 15:54.