Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:49   #526
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Anyone here has any inputs on Euro School, Whitefield Bangalore? Looking at LKG for my kid and was looking for some feedback before I proceed.
I have a relative whose kids go to Euro school, whitefield. He wasn't happy with Ryan so moved them last year to Euro and he had only good things to say.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:54   #527
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,310
Thanked: 1,054 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Good News Friends!!

Got my child admitted to Universal High, Brahmhand, Thane.

We were keen for this school or Singhania near Cadbury Junction.
No looking back for the next 12 years now!!!

Website: http://thane.universalhigh.edu.in/
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:46   #528
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have a relative whose kids go to Euro school, whitefield. He wasn't happy with Ryan so moved them last year to Euro and he had only good things to say.
Thanks NPV, that is good to hear. Even I haven't heard good things about the Ryan school there. Another school we were looking at was Ekya and when I called them, they told me to call back later as they were busy
ILTDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:23   #529
BHPian
 
penpavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Blore
Posts: 352
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Hello All,

Any reviews for National Public School in Banashankari? (uttarahalli)

What is the fees structure?
penpavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:48   #530
BHPian
 
HorsPwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bengaluru/NJ
Posts: 108
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Hey Guys,

I had no option but to turn to TEAM BHP after running around quite a few schools in Bangalore for getting my son admitted to Jr. KG.

Here are some of the schools that I considered:
1. St. Francis School, Koramangala - Ruled out (cost on the higher side, the principal sounded biased to me)
2. Auro Mirra International School, Ulsoor - Ruled out (very unconventional so much so that they do not have a school uniform, and not yet affiliated to CBSE, though they follow CBSE curriculum)
3. St. Joseph's Boys High School, Museum Road - Ruled out (again on the higher end of my purse, 82K was just the admission fee last year)

Now, I have narrowed down on 3 schools listed below not in the preferential order:
1. St. Joseph's Indian Institutions, Mallya Road
2. Outreach School, Wilson Garden
3. Christ School, Koramangala (Getting an admission is going to a herculean task, but still considering to give it a shot).

Please suggest which of the above 3 schools would you recommend? Any school that I choose now is going to be the same even for the younger one, who is just a year old now.

Here are my criteria:
1. I stay in Austin Town and the distance from my house should not be more than 6-7 KM.
2. Should be a decent school, affilitated to either CBSE or ICSE boards.
3. Should not cost me a huge deal given my other commitments.

Please advise.

Last edited by HorsPwr : 22nd December 2014 at 14:51.
HorsPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:09   #531
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 300
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
After a lot of deliberation, I finally secured admission for my 3 year old son at Gopalan National School near Graphite India for the next academic session.

Yes the sports infrastructure is pretty limited there, but we were happy with their focus on academics and heard good things about the school from several parents.

We live in an apartment complex that houses 500 plus families, so we have tennis/basketball courts readily available there itself, with paid coaching. Also we have paid skating classes within the society. Swimming pools are coming up, and will have a paid learning option too. So we figured we can probably take care of these activities within our society itself when our child grows up, and hence decided to let him focus on his academics as of now.

Hope it turns out to be a wise decision.
If you don't mind can you please share fee structure of the Gopalan National school? Does they have day care in the same campus?
Curently my 3yr old son goes to Vkids (Vydehi School) for nursery and thinking of switching to Gopalan National, so that we don't need to look around after UKG (which is the max in Vkids).

Thanks in advance!
hillsnrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:56   #532
Oxy
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 157
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
If you don't mind can you please share fee structure of the Gopalan National school? Does they have day care in the same campus?
Curently my 3yr old son goes to Vkids (Vydehi School) for nursery and thinking of switching to Gopalan National, so that we don't need to look around after UKG (which is the max in Vkids).

Thanks in advance!
The school is affiliated to ICSE. These are the grades that they follow:

1. Play Group 1: For kids that are 2+ years old as of 1st June.
2. Play Group 2: For kids that are 3+ years old as of 1st June.
3. Nursery (LKG): For kids that are 4+ years old as of 1st June.
4. Preparatory (UKG): For kids that are 5+ years old as of 1st June.
5. Grades 1 - 10.

40k is the one time admission fee irrespective of the grade the admission is sought for. You need not pay this every year, it's just a one time payment for the 12 or so years that your child will be at the school. For securing admission, you need to pay this in one shot. When they get this money, a seat will be reserved for your child. Note that this fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.

Apart from this, there is a tuition fee which needs to be paid in two installments. For PG 1 and 2, this is close to 45k. From LKG onwards, this increases. Please let me know if you are seeking admission for PG 2 or LKG for your child, so that I can let you know the exact fee accordingly.

You need to pay separately for uniforms, transport, stationery and other miscellaneous things. For PG 1 and 2, they don't have uniforms.

Not entirely sure about day care, I did not need that so I was not bothered to enquire about it.

You can visit their website for further details: http://www.gopalanschool.com/national/

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Oxy : 23rd December 2014 at 09:09.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:21   #533
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsPwr View Post
2. Auro Mirra International School, Ulsoor - Ruled out (very unconventional so much so that they do not have a school uniform, and not yet affiliated to CBSE, though they follow CBSE curriculum)
I have heard lot of good things about this school.
Isn't being unconventional in these days of mass manufacturing (read "herd mentality") a kind of boon rather than a bane ?
Yes, to each his own but I just thought this one stands out and is worthy!
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 10:45   #534
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I have heard lot of good things about this school.
Isn't being unconventional in these days of mass manufacturing (read "herd mentality") a kind of boon rather than a bane ?
Yes, to each his own but I just thought this one stands out and is worthy!
Hi
Am looking to admit my daughter to LKG next year and am considering AMIS, could not get any reviews online, do you have any feedback to share?

The 'unconventional' bit appeals to me as well

thanks
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 11:31   #535
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 175
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Thanks NPV, that is good to hear. Even I haven't heard good things about the Ryan school there. Another school we were looking at was Ekya and when I called them, they told me to call back later as they were busy
I secured my kids admission in Euro School Whitefield to Jr. KG. Hopefully I would not have to change for the next 12 years, touch wood!!
ILTDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 16:00   #536
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Am looking to admit my daughter to LKG next year and am considering AMIS, could not get any reviews online, do you have any feedback to share?
I've heard only good things. A neighbour's grandchild goes to that school.
Only because they liked the school they decided to send the child all the way from Jayanagar to the school near Ulsoor Lake.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 16:15   #537
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I've heard only good things. A neighbour's grandchild goes to that school.
Only because they liked the school they decided to send the child all the way from Jayanagar to the school near Ulsoor Lake.
Thanks, can you share which grade the child is in? I paid a visit to the school today and they have upto standard 5 as of now. They started only in 2006 and most of the infrastructure is yet to be built.

The ambience is quiet and they seem a little different in terms of not having a school uniform etc. The fees are not modest however at Rs 68k as non refundable admission charges and Rs 55k as annual tuition for montessori. What was alarming was the admissions person stating that fees can be expected to escalate @ 15 - 20% per year
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 18:20   #538
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,568
Thanked: 1,686 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Thanks, can you share which grade the child is in? I paid a visit to the school today and they have upto standard 5 as of now. They started only in 2006 and most of the infrastructure is yet to be built.

The ambience is quiet and they seem a little different in terms of not having a school uniform etc. The fees are not modest however at Rs 68k as non refundable admission charges and Rs 55k as annual tuition for montessori. What was alarming was the admissions person stating that fees can be expected to escalate @ 15 - 20% per year
15-20% hike is "normal" and is something that most of the schools all over the country does.

When schools say 1st to 5th same fees 7th to 8th same fees blah blah,its all very misleading-because me as a parent would never pay the same fees for any two years thanks to this 15-20% increase.So for me personally every year there is an increase but on paper,the school gets to advertise that they charge the same fees for a block of classes!Just simple word play
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2014, 11:22   #539
BHPian
 
hothatchaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 472 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
15-20% hike is "normal" and is something that most of the schools all over the country does.

When schools say 1st to 5th same fees 7th to 8th same fees blah blah,its all very misleading-because me as a parent would never pay the same fees for any two years thanks to this 15-20% increase.So for me personally every year there is an increase but on paper,the school gets to advertise that they charge the same fees for a block of classes!Just simple word play
So you are saying that if I start out paying lets say 70k from lkg onwards, I can expect to pay INR 28 lakh over a 12 year period up until standard x (not even introducing higher education in this calculation) - i.e. I pay 84k in ukg, 1lac in standard 1 and so on (working on a worst case scenario of a 20% increase annually)

If I average this out at this stage, it works out to a whopping 2.3 lac in tuition alone per year

Hell all reasonable assumptions on salary increases will look like a joke in comparison!
hothatchaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2014, 11:38   #540
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,568
Thanked: 1,686 Times
Default Re: The "School Admissions" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
So you are saying that if I start out paying lets say 70k from lkg onwards, I can expect to pay INR 28 lakh over a 12 year period up until standard x (not even introducing higher education in this calculation) - i.e. I pay 84k in ukg, 1lac in standard 1 and so on (working on a worst case scenario of a 20% increase annually)

If I average this out at this stage, it works out to a whopping 2.3 lac in tuition alone per year

Hell all reasonable assumptions on salary increases will look like a joke in comparison!
Just to give you an example,from LKG to Grade 1 i have moved from paying 11k per quarter to 20k per quarter as tuition fees.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
The Official Old School R & B / Hip-Hop Thread GordonGekko Shifting gears 6 22nd June 2013 18:21
HI from a "School boy" :-P n conti lover DicKy Introduce yourself 2 3rd January 2010 12:39
6 year old misses bus, drives ford taurus to school,crashes it,walks on to school ! sidindica Shifting gears 21 12th January 2009 22:46
nursery admissions new delhi 2009-10 whatcanthisbe Shifting gears 0 15th November 2008 01:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks