Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 18th December 2009, 00:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
----
- Hatch-converted-to-sedan is not meant for impressing the gals
Man, that was a good one, I was rolling on the floor, almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grules View Post
OT: Read somewhere: Dzire is not a car, it's a compromise. (No offence meant)
No offence, but we taunt one of our friend always for his D'zire. We never call it a car just to pull his leg. But on a serious note, except that look this is a good vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
H......all we care is why it was not invested err..splurged on a proper car.
Actually, if had he bought a different car, say a Honda City or Swift or something like that then this thread won't even have grown 3-4 pages.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 00:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Bad karma gives a Bad CAR-MA(ruti dezire)...

Similar thing was done by someonei know few years back in Kolkata, he too was in +1, had taken 2 lakhs for a Used Opel Astra and then gifted it to his girlfriend, couple of weeks later she returned him the car, again it was sold back to dealer for 1.5..
agspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 08:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Lolz man some of the post are absolutely cracking. I'm killing myself laughing up at the laptop screen.
So this means the girls are getting more demanding or guys are getting dumber ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 08:41   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am surprised how the car was bought without a PAN card
He had extra cash right? He might have bribed.

Also, he could have bought a second hand car without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Why the Dzire when he was just trying to impress chicks? I wish he would have been a TBHP member, then I hope he would have ended up getting a used Honda CRV or a used Yamaha R1 and in that case surely his girl would have been impressed.
What if he is and maybe if there are people like him around us?

Last edited by jkdas : 18th December 2009 at 08:43.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 08:54   #50
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What if he is and maybe if there are people like him around us?
I'm sure none of us are buying cars just for impressing their girlfriends and even if somebody is doing that I'm sure he isn't stealing the money to do that. I've nothing against a Swift Dzire but as far as the fact that the guy got a Dzire to impress girls is concerned, he could have easily laid his hands on a used Accord for his purpose.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 08:55   #51
SMK
BHPian

Maybe the girl he was trying to impress was from a small conservative family who had a benchmark of "DZIRE" set
SMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 08:58   #52
BHPian

13year old english teen becomes parent!
13year old US teen runs mobile phone bill worth $22,000!
13year old US teen with a gun kills fellow schoolmates!
and our +1 indian school guy robs 8.0 lacs to buy a car & impress girls!

Where are these teenagers heading to? Are they too intelligent & bold? who are responsible?
God can only save them.
sree70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 09:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

I really can't believe that Swift Dzire would be a turn on for girls. What a dumb idea to impress?!

He should have logged into T-BHP for advice. He could have checked the Pocket rocket<6L thread and bought a Merc. Now that will impresss

Should Maruti be blamed for naming the car as Dzire? May be the name is what triggered the boy's desire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
...he would have ended up getting a used Honda CRV or a used Yamaha R1 and in that case surely his girl would have been impressed.
With his driver in driver's seat of the R1 he'll have to go triples with his girl friend??

Last edited by kiku007 : 18th December 2009 at 09:34.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 09:41   #54
BHPian

hey guys for all you know he might be a member of T-BHP. You might want to dig into What car section
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
13year old english teen becomes parent!
13year old US teen runs mobile phone bill worth $22,000!
13year old US teen with a gun kills fellow schoolmates!
and our +1 indian school guy robs 8.0 lacs to buy a car & impress girls!
That's because India is still a developing country. But don't worry, we'll get there soon.

Guys, we are missing the whole point here. We need to find out how many gals he managed to impress with his DZIRE.

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:44   #56
BHPian

have seen some of these spoilt brats in our biking scene as well. barely 15 and started "building" bikes! even get fake licenses made so they can ride bikes bigger than them. rules for these kids are just made to be broken by paying the right price.

what these brats need is a proper spanking: the old fashioned way.

Frankly i blame the parents for not bringing up their children the correct way.

Last edited by COUGAR : 18th December 2009 at 10:46.
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 11:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Get real guys!

After going through this thread I feel like asking the question, who is dumber, the kid or some of us who are writing about which car he should have bought and his bad choice. He is just a kid brought up in an environment full of insecurity, peer-pressure and what not and did something out of immaturity.
Please understand the gravity of the situation. The father in this case is reportedly rich(does not mean the kid's act was justified mind you), but imagine if something similar had happened in a middle-class or poor family where money had been kept for a daughter's wedding or education of children et al.
Money which is a means to the end has become an end in itself unfortunately. It is saddening to see that people today feel so incomplete and think materials like vehicles and gadgets can make them complete. We all know that students actually get hyper if their mobile phones aren't around.
My appeal to parents is, please instill good values into your children and tell them it is more important to be good humans beings instead of depending on certain materials for the 'happening' or 'in' title or for developing a superiority complex and attempting to give an inferiority complex to peers. Also, is a girl who falls for your assets going to stay behind during hard times? Get a life!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 18th December 2009 at 11:26.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 11:44   #58
BHPian

There is something fishy in this whole incident. With the waiting period of Swift Derrire being so huge, I don't think the boy would have really waited to get it.

Something somewhere was really manipulated by someone with the boy being made the scapegoat.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 12:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
After going through this thread I feel like asking the question, who is dumber, the kid or some of us who are writing about which car he should have bought and his bad choice. He is just a kid brought up in an environment full of insecurity, peer-pressure and what not and did something out of immaturity.
We all understand the gravity of the situation. Some of us are just trying to have some harmless fun regarding the incident. (Don't tell me that you didn't find the incident funny). Apologies to those who were offended (especially DZIRE owners).

Disclaimer: DZIRE is a great value for money car and is also fun to drive. But it is not exactly a style-statement. That is why some forum members are taking it so badly regarding the kid's choice of this modest entry level hatch-converted-to-sedan as a means to impress the females.

Brings me back to my question, how many gals did he manage to impress with his DZIRE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
There is something fishy in this whole incident. With the waiting period of Swift Derrire being so huge, I don't think the boy would have really waited to get it.
Nothing fishy here, everything is crystal clear. There is a waiting period for DZIRE, but customers making full cash payment get the preference.

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 14:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps he got a poosy magnet installed in his Dzire
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote