Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2009, 18:40   #16
BHPian

I don't know what to say.
It seems there are lot of people "out" there with no work at all.

Why else would there be so many theories ?
Sound interesting like a bad Hollywood flick.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

1) I dont think that Yellowstone can produce so much ash that for 15,000 years sunlight cannot touch land. Thats impossible. May be it will cover USA. But not the whole earth.

2) I do support 2012 theory. Actually, after reading articles about Kaliyug, the chances started happening back in 1981 or some other 198X year. This will last for 100 years, i.e. the 100 year period will be full of changes. That is what I have read.

3) I am not sure if anything big is going to happen, but I do believe that there will be changes, though not as extreme and as rapid as shown in 2012 movie, but a chain of events over a longer time.

The biggest change is happening in the climate. We all are experiencing it. An example. On Xth March 2009 when I was helping my friend out for computer stuff, he switched on the fan as it was very hot.
After putting the switch of fan on ON position he said : " In March 2005 on the same date ( Xth ) my sister got married. It was so cold that even at 6 PM I was wearing jacket. Today after four years we are sweating. "

IIRC, 2007 was the last winter I have experinced where I had to put on jacket while going out on bike or I had to use blaknet at night. Right now, I have to open windows at night, just like summer.

This is getting worse. From 1998, each and every summer has been hotter than previous one. We are already experiencing weird climate. Cold in colder countries like Germany and USA, where we are experiencing disturbed rains and more heat in countries like India.

I have downloaded the entire programme shown on Discovery on Nastradamus. He has predicted famine and we are not far away from it.

Climate change is one reason why I believe that extreme incidences can take place.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

ROFL!
What a thread.

Anyway doomsday or no doomsday - live your life till whatever point possible.
Fvck like minks and raise rugrats - as Mic Douglas said.

Besides can you do anything about it, IF it is really the doomsday?
Old 17th December 2009, 19:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
....We all know the world will end one day...
Who all is "We" ?

Guess, I am not included in that list, since I did not know that the world will end one day .

Interesting thread idea, anyway .
Helps to release some of the work-related stress.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:56   #20
BHPian

The 2012 story reaches here . Haven't we seen y2k?? What all surrounded that figure (2000). Aren't we alive?? Come on guys, This theory has completely gone wrong (Nibiru, Mayan, solar, alien, black hole). Mayan Calender ends on that day, There were no intelligent beings (mayans) at that time to further their calender . Does that mean its the END?? EARTH survived MILLIONS OF YEARS and WILL SURVIVE MORE. Any IDEA how many predictions have gone wrong in the past?? Nostradamus hasn't predicted this 2012 stuff. Its MODERN MAN MADE. FILM released and a SUPER HIT at that. Why it was a success? Because of Us. The director made bundles of CASH. People have started panicking like anything. A sincere request, please don't spread panic anymore. We have already suffered and are suffering from recessions , natural disasters and man-made disasters . Remember, EARTH doesnt even need a second to wipe entire thing out. Why wait till 2012?? If there is any damage to EARTH, Then it is only because of Us .

EDIT: Instead of spreading this Story, How about spreading some awareness about global warming and climate change?? Can we do that??

Last edited by mnhegde : 17th December 2009 at 20:00.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Who all is "We" ?

Guess, I am not included in that list, since I did not know that the world will end one day .

Interesting thread idea, anyway .
Helps to release some of the work-related stress.
+1 now all this makes one crazy, if it can be 2012 or 2020 then why not 5050 or 1212
Old 17th December 2009, 20:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
And even if its gonna happen, why bother? Theres no way out of it anyway. So enjoy your life while it lasts.
Shan2nu
We should have a TBHP MEGA meet (or meat) in which all TBHPians and their families can participate.

What about taking an insurance policy from ICICI?

On a serious note: the earth will survive probably a couple of Billion years more. The humans wont. That's the history of this planet. All predominating species will eventually bite the dust. We cannot change that fate, but we can delay it. Just my 2c.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 17th December 2009 at 20:08.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
The 2012 story reaches here . Haven't we seen y2k?? What all surrounded that figure (2000). Aren't we alive?? Come on guys, This theory has completely gone wrong (Nibiru, Mayan, solar, alien, black hole). Mayan Calender ends on that day, There were no intelligent beings (mayans) at that time to further their calender . Does that mean its the END?? EARTH survived MILLIONS OF YEARS and WILL SURVIVE MORE. Any IDEA how many predictions have gone wrong in the past?? Nostradamus hasn't predicted this 2012 stuff. Its MODERN MAN MADE. FILM released and a SUPER HIT at that. Why it was a success? Because of Us. The director made bundles of CASH. People have started panicking like anything. A sincere request, please don't spread panic anymore. We have already suffered and are suffering from recessions , natural disasters and man-made disasters . Remember, EARTH doesnt even need a second to wipe entire thing out. Why wait till 2012?? If there is any damage to EARTH, Then it is only because of Us .

EDIT: Instead of spreading this Story, How about spreading some awareness about global warming and climate change?? Can we do that??
No one is Panicking ! See i had read about this on various sites, i just put together the data which i felt like and made a thread just to discuss.

I am not depressed or something,i am enjoying my life like everyone does, i don't care about the world getting over & crap.

Its just that various people have various LIKES, i like to read,hear,talk about world getting over & that's the reason i came up with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
I do my bit,creating awareness in a place like t-bhp where people are literate & already know the consequences wont be of much use. We need a bigger platform & time which no one has.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 17th December 2009 at 20:14.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Saw a documentary the other day on the History Channel.
More than anything, the way things are shown in these documentaries could scare the living daylights out of any normal person. The hype being built so much,its almost as if people would be forced to find a way to end the world.
It may be true that the world will end.It could also just mean a new begining, where a lot of changes happen for the good and life continues like it did the day before the 'so called end'.
Old 18th December 2009, 00:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

What it could cause is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Humans are stupid enough to do things and as a consequence, kill hundreds of thousands of people.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:38   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Go the whole hog & get yourself a Jet too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Buy a space ship instead. It'l come handy on doomsday. hehe
What could the approximate down payment be?
Lets chip in and falter on payments. We just have to hold on till 2012.
Old 18th December 2009, 10:20   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
What could the approximate down payment be?
Lets chip in and falter on payments. We just have to hold on till 2012.
After we have confirmed buying a space-ship. What about ICE oops ISE.

2012 is still 2 years away. we can discuss about it on Dec 2011.
Lets enjoy 2010
Old 18th December 2009, 15:26   #28
BHPian

“You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future”
Old 18th December 2009, 15:45   #29
BHPian

Lets put an interesting twist to it, since we are on T-BHP.

Which car do you think can help you the most during those end of the world days?

I guess i should start finding names and addresses of all Toyota Land Cruiser owners in my city.

When the "start of the end" begins, i plan to steal one of those and use it as a bunker for hibernation until everything returns to normal.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:02   #30
BHPian

check out NASA's view on this

NASA - 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?
Closed Thread