Old 30th December 2009, 10:37   #1
BANNED

Default Kannada actor Vishnuvardhan no more

Name:  vishunuvardhan01.jpg
Views: 21614
Size:  84.0 KB Name:  15sl5.jpg
Views: 27948
Size:  16.7 KB

It seems he died early morning today in Mysore due to heart attack.
A sad day for Kannada filmdom and it leaves a huge void in the Kannada film industry. He was one of the stalwarts of the Kannada cinema and rubbed shoulders with giants like Rajkumar. He has acted in some of the best remembered kannada movies of all time like Naagarahaavu, Boothaiyyana maga aiyyu, etc. He represented the class of acting of the old times like the 70's and 80's which is etched in peoples minds and hearts.

With his departure the already ailing kannada film industry is at a great loss. He was to Kannada like what Rishi kapoor was to Bollywoood.

We miss him very much.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th December 2009 at 11:37. Reason: adding pics to the first post
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:41   #2
BHPian

I mourn the actor's death. One of the few fine actors of kannada filmworld. I have seen a number of his movies ( the older ones ). rest in peace.
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:46   #3
BHPian

A very sad news indeed. Grew up watching his movies. A versatile and legendary actor Dr.Vishnuvardhan will be etched in our memories forever.
siddvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:46   #4
BHPian

One of the finest actor of Kannada Film industry and One of Most versatile actor. Rest in peace "Namma Sahasa Simha"
tabrez02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:48   #5
BHPian

Post Article in CNN-IBN

Article in CNN-IBN -
One of the stalwarts of the Kannada film Industry Vishnuvardhan died of a heart attack in Mysore late on on Wednesday morning.

The popular Kannada actor, whose real name was Sampath Kumar, passed away at the age of 59 years.

He developed breathing problems at about 0230 hrs IST on Wednesday and he was immediately taken to a private hospital where he breathed his last.

According to hospital sources, he died at around 0300 hrs IST on Wednesday.

All schools and colleges in Karnataka will remain closed on Wednesday as per Chief Minister's orders as a mark of respect for Vishnuvardhan.

Security has been stepped up in Bangalore following the actor's death. Police have set up road blocks around Vishnuvardhan's residence to check the flow of fans.

Vishnuvardhan was popularly referred to as the Phoenix of Kannada cinema. He is survived by his Bharati who is also a popular actress, and two adopted daughters, Keerthi and Chandana.

In 2005 Vishnuvardhan was awarded honorary doctorate by Bangalore University.

He acted in 199 films, won 7 Filmfare Awards and many state government awards. He was also involved in public service and welfare activities of the film world.
AdrenalinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

A LEGEND in himself .Very sad to see hes no more , he was just under 60 years of age . Very outstanding actor with unique and dynamic character.You really get absorbed into the movie, if you see some of his films .:(
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

Felt sad after hearing the news today morning. He was a legendary actor in his own right. I would like to offer my condolences to his family. Hope no one indulges in violence in his name. He was one of a kind.

Another fact is that he died relatively young at only 59 years of age. Too bad he couldn't do his 200th film

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th December 2009 at 10:55. Reason: Added statement
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:57   #8
BHPian

Very sad. RIP.

'Apthamitra' of Kannadigas, Sahasasimha, Dr. Vishnuvardhan you are alive forever in our hearts.
BomBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Really sad couple of days for Kannada cinema and arts. Ashwath and Vishnuvardhan have left a void that cannot be filled. Rest in Peace.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:59   #10
BHPian

Hats off to the great star,we will miss u vishnu
msvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:04   #11
BHPian

Felt Sad when I heard the news this morning. A great actor and a great human being. Will miss you Vishnu
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is a shocking and very sad news. He was one of the greatest actors in Kannada. RIP.

Yesterday it was C Ashwath, today it's Vishnu.. 2009 has taken two of the finest artistes on it's way out.
safari_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:11   #13
rbp
BHPian

I grew up watching his movies. I used to refer to him as my guru in those days, when we used to worship heroes. One of the true actors we had. I will definitely miss him. May his soul rest in peace.
rbp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:12   #14
BHPian

Very sad day indeed. He was one of those versatile actors in kannada film industry. Additionally, I hope there is no untoward incidents in the city. My company's late morning shuttles are cancelled as precaution. He was one of those wonderful actors. RIP.

Regards,
Laxminarayan

Last edited by Laxminarayan : 30th December 2009 at 11:13. Reason: spelling
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Very sad day, grew up watching his films. one of the best actors kannada movie industry had!

unfortunately yesterday very renowned kannada folk singer "Aswath" passed away, seems like a bad week!

Let both great souls rest in peace!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote