Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th January 2010, 16:14   #1
BHPian

Default Satisfied with purchase on Tele Shopping ?

Nowadays, we find several products being marketed on Tele Shopping networks on several channels.

Most of these products seem really innovative and unique, and are generally not available in shops/malls.

The products range from exercise equipment, beauty products, household appliances and many more.

Generally, these products also come with a money back guarantee.

I have never purchased anything from these Tele Shopping networks. My thinking is that these products are either defective or totally useless, thats why they are being sold on TV. No shopkeeper would like to spoil his reputation by selling such defective or useless products. Is my thinking correct ?

Team members, please share your experiences with Tele Shopping. Has anyone made any purchase with Tele Shopping ? How was the product ? Did you get money back if you were not satisfied with the product ?

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 22:39   #2
BHPian

I haven't bought any so far.
Here's my 2 cents.
The slimming products and apparatus (sauna belts etc) are pretty useless.
The exercise machines are innovative but that's their only plus point. They are not superior to usual equipment.
I do not believe in the good luck charms and similar things being sold - but I know that quite a lot of people believe in it.
I've heard a few positive things about ProActiv - a facial cream for scars and acne.
Unfortunately because of all the hype etc created by these ads, I mistrust them!
I believe that a good product will sell without any hype!
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 11:09   #3
BHPian

Slimming products sold on tele shopping are bound to be useless since they claim spot reduction of fat, which can't happen. You can't reduce tummy fat just by doing crunches or using sauna belt. Regular aerobic exercise and controlled diet is the only solution.

Good luck charm is something to do with someone's personal belief. I don't believe in these, but it may work positively for those who believe in these things.

Similar beauty products are available from other reliable brands anyway, so they are not unique.

My question was more regarding the innovative and unique products such as nicer-dicer, juicer-blender, fix-it pro etc which are generally not available in shops.

Please share your experiences ?

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote