Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 24th April 2006, 23:18   #31
elf
BANNED

If I recall correctly, there was a lot of interest when the Tata Indigo Marina was launched - the car had been sprayed with the chrome finish in the US. This was meant to be a promotional excercise.

I'd even visited the website of the paint manufacturer, but can't recall details... sorry boys (try Googling it).

Ciao!
Old 25th April 2006, 00:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche

Coming back to the pink fever, there is a sardarji in delhi who drives a hot pink colored zen, and then there is a neon green lancer and a bright orange ohc.

i`ve seen this car in def. col. it has got a shiny metalic dual shade effect paint(pink n light blue ) and pink interiors :P and a free flow muffler too(sticking out like 6 -7 inches frm the rear bumper...lol).

the sardarji u tokin` about (according to what i know)
1) owns a petrol pump.
2) modifies carz
3) deals in super bikes too
i`ve seen him ridin` a harley, holden (i guess),n r1 too

he also modded sum cielo long time bakk ,he chopped off the roof,n put sonatas headlamps n merc c class`s tail lamps , painted the whole car red,n made it a 2 door convertible.....luked verrrry weird though
Old 25th April 2006, 00:29   #33
BHPian

i`ve seen a yellow accent with HR reg.,with no alloys but painted steel rims
(yellow ofcourse lol)
.it has a fake fiber spoiler,the one that luks like the alluminium one,painted,again yellow :P
n the best part,the owner is a 50 yr old UNCLE (approx.),whu luuuuuvs to listen to loud music wit windowz down.....hehe.....he`z got a very interesting ICE setup, (atleast fr his age)....he`s got one sub,pioneer 305 i guess, and a pioneer DSP ,n all that ,amp. n speakers n i guess a screen 2...pheww.....lol

off topic....BTW,wudnt a chrome effect painted car be more accident prone???? coz most of the ppl here in india wil either confuse it with the back ground or whatever coz it`ll be reflecting things like a mirror does.rite????(like sum small jewellery shops have huge mirrors ,so that it can reflect the whole shop n make it luk bigger)
getting my point guyzzz???????????

Last edited by twister : 25th April 2006 at 00:38.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:34   #34
BHPian

theres' a flourescent CIELO in the lane in which the lambo resides..!!
its YUCK! greenish yellow..i'll get a pic soon
Old 25th April 2006, 00:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
he also modded sum cielo long time bakk ,he chopped off the roof,n put sonatas headlamps n merc c class`s tail lamps , painted the whole car red,n made it a 2 door convertible.....luked verrrry weird though
I think the car you are talking about here has been by Autopsyche but the colour is Orange not Red. Had seen it once in Def. Col. long back.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:49   #36
BHPian

Talking that's no photoshop!!!

@islero,arush that marina is not photoshopped.
here's ratan tata standing next to the chrome marina.

its painted with a special chrome paint manufactured in us. its one of their exotic finish products. they got lots of other interesting paint too like colour shifting paint, special effect paint, aluminium finish paint etc. Even 50 cent is getting his lamborghini murcielago painted with they chrome finish.

the website of the company is www.alsacorp.com.

I know arush would love this. looking forward to see one of your beauties covered with these paints.

Last edited by spdfreak : 25th April 2006 at 00:51.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
I think the car you are talking about here has been by Autopsyche but the colour is Orange not Red. Had seen it once in Def. Col. long back.
no man thats an esteem.the one im tokin` bout here has been modified by JYOT DESIGNS.the same sardar ji owns it.(jyot designs)....and it was also featured in a SILICON`s amplifiers ad. in the auto magz
Old 25th April 2006, 01:08   #38
BANNED

Hey, This JYOT design sardar ji seems to be really popular of a sudden ... there is a post of a Vivaish Palio in the modification section which has been done by JYOT Design and needs to be categorised as the "WORST MODDED CAR 2006 ' .... maybe Autopsyche needs to give him training on how not to create such over creative designs/kits for cars .....

All those who missed that thread go check it out .... !!

Cheers
Closed Thread