Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th October 2010, 11:51   #76
BHPian

I was a kid who enjoyed Knight rider show on DD with thumbs up / pepsi , I don't like taste of coke and even limca. To me limca taste like detergent. Sprite, don't know how people drink it, after few sip its a torture.
Old memories of campa cola are almost erased, I don't remember its taste much now but it was my fav. and tasted better than Pepsi as far as I remember. Gold spot was slightly bitter and I didn't enjoyed it much.
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 15:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Campa is still there but with different owners and limited availability. In this thread, there is a link posted which talks of new owners, Satya Beverages and where it is available in Delhi.
just went through the entire thread again. very glad it's still available in delhi itself. makes life easier. now hopefully it's still available if i ever get myself there again.

is it available in those small glass bottles like it was at one time? i can ask my parents to bring a few bottles back with them from their visit next month. now that would be a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Yaara Dildara! Ab waisey log kahaan.
my thoughts exactly. that and i wish i knew the guy. hahha.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 17:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
is it available in those small glass bottles like it was at one time? i can ask my parents to bring a few bottles back with them from their visit next month. now that would be a treat!

my thoughts exactly. that and i wish i knew the guy. hahha.
I have seen 2 litre plastic bottles of it but not the small glass bottles. That was in northern Haryana in 2006. Sadly did not see any on my trip last year, which was dissapointing considering the new factory is only an hour or so away.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 22:20   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Be careful though as when you mix the salt with Limca or vice versa a copious amount of fizz is generated so add slowly and enjoy leisurely.
In Hyderabad there are a couple of places where they serve "Masala Thumbs-up" wherein they open the bottle and pour some special masala into it and that makes the beverage fizz out and you need to seal it with you mouth to stop it from flowing it

One of the most tastiest and refreshing beverage to be had on a hot afternoon or after a heavy meal in night.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 23:54   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In Hyderabad there are a couple of places where they serve "Masala Thumbs-up"

One of the most tastiest and refreshing beverage to be had on a hot afternoon or after a heavy meal in night.
I will definitely give it a shot when I am in HYD next. You hit the bull's eye with your last sentence mobike008, now I have to go and get myself a thums up from the chiller

I read the entire thread today and thanks to Bigman the shack in CP is on my radar for sure. Will post once I have had a taste.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 23:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

P.S: I satiate my wish for Limca in office ( which is another place stock is always kept of 300ml bottles) as its freely available along with other popular sodas.

Quote:
Try Limca with a pinch of salt. It cuts through the sugary taste and what you have is a very nice, clean tasting thirst quencher, the sticky after taste is completely eliminated. Be careful though as when you mix the salt with Limca or vice versa a copious amount of fizz is generated so add slowly and enjoy leisurely.
Kala Namak Effect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
just went through the entire thread again. very glad it's still available in delhi itself. makes life easier. now hopefully it's still available if i ever get myself there again.

I remember seeing 2L Plastic Bottles long back.
Quote:
In Hyderabad there are a couple of places where they serve "Masala Thumbs-up" wherein they open the bottle and pour some special masala into it and that makes the beverage fizz out and you need to seal it with you mouth to stop it from flowing it

We got Masala Pepsi here, they replace Banta (Marble/ Kanche wali bottle) with Pepsi.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 00:27   #82
Senior - BHPian

@tsk13

Na..na, plane table salt. Kala namak to Shikwanji ke liye reserved hai. Kaale ki bhi kuch izzat hai yaar.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2010, 21:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@tsk13

Na..na, plane table salt. Kala namak to Shikwanji ke liye reserved hai. Kaale ki bhi kuch izzat hai yaar.
Oh! I primarily see Kala Namak being used in Limca, Bunta etc. Seems next Delhi meat will be based on aerated drinks especially Masala ones.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote