Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 7th September 2005, 15:28   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Indigo E-III TDi owner anyone?

I did not see any long term detailed reports for Tata indigo TDi(Intercooler) EIII. Wanted to know if anyone on this forum has it. Could you post your expiriences(good and bad) and also comparison with the earlier indigo's. Also how are the headlights(they changed the lens and reflector in E-III).
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 16:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I did not see any long term detailed reports for Tata indigo TDi(Intercooler) EIII. Wanted to know if anyone on this forum has it. Could you post your expiriences(good and bad) and also comparison with the earlier indigo's. Also how are the headlights(they changed the lens and reflector in E-III).
Is it the SX series your'e mentioning? I guess it's a newly launched one and there is no question of longterm report, I (may be) am wrong, but want to confirm with you.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2005, 17:42   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Is it the SX series your'e mentioning? I guess it's a newly launched one and there is no question of longterm report, I (may be) am wrong, but want to confirm with you.
No, the SX is very new but the E3 TDi LS and LX models have been around for a while now (since April I guess).
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 11:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

Not the SX, i am just looking for reviews on post Euro III cars with intercooler, as hraq mentioned they have been around since april.
The reason is that whenever tata introduces something new, there is always a 6 month or so learning curve where they learn from customer end problems. So i was wondering if anything substantial has come up in the intercooled version of the car as they have put in an ECU for the first time and also made other changes to electricals and stuff. I am looking for a purchase in 2006 and the indigo E-III is a very strong contender.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2005, 12:50   #5
BHPian

Hi TSK,

I can update you about light, if you put on the Fog lamps then it is sufficient in city traffic. On highway lights are OK. Dont know abt performance in diesel engine but i am not happy with performance in petrol. If i switch on Ac then it lacks power....
amitabh_kaushal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:21   #6
BHPian

Dear TSK,

The turbo with intercooler is great by my own experience. I am yet to find out where the speed plateaus out. I have done 160 kmph plus with this engine. I think Tata has come up with one helluva masterpiece.

I must say one thing about the lights. In very heavy rains, especially one downpour I witnessed while going from Mumbai to Kolhapur in July this year, the light seems insufficient. I managed to do it without any incident but I would have been so much happier if Tata had given 100 W instead of 55-60 W lights
Akadian is offline   Reply With Quote