Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 12:27   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Susrutha, were you able to confirm if the call came from an official ICICI branch or its agency?
Tried calling the same number today once again, either it's busy or nobody is picking up the call.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 12:33   #47
BHPian
 
ikoneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: chennai
Posts: 486
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

My suggestion to all:
"Whenever any photocopy is being given for any purpose,please put in a date and write the purpose for which it is being used, in some place where it cannot be removed/ hidden"
For eg: When i applied for car loan, i wrote "Photocopy given for Car loan with ... Bank for the ... car. dated: "
It would atleast ensure that documents cannot be reused for any other purpose.

@sushrutha:
It's better your brother sorts it out. unless you have some good contacts to use when things go out of hand, its' better you resolve at the earliest. There's no other way and there's quite a bit of running around and follow up to be done. Bank wouldn't care as they have separate team for these kind of issues who will take their own sweet time.

I would say:
As your brothers details and card information does not match, this could be a mix up of data. Call up customer service, register a complaint and have the complaint number.
When the recovery guy calls, please ask them to visit you, get the sufficient information related to the card, tell them the problem and send them back.
Maybe then you can visit the bank and provide a written complaint and get it acknowledged for safety purpose. Alternatively, write a mail to customer card and receive their feedback as well.

About a month back, i got a call from HSBC bank saying that i need to pay the outstanding amount of Rs 2 lacs. I was shocked as i dont' have an HSBC credit card. I then called up HSBC customer care who noted down the complaint. Lucky for me, my personal details and the banks' information did not match, hence they said some mix up and have not got any calls after that. Do not know, from where they got my phone number though.

There is also a big scam and my colleague was also impacted. He applied and received the cr card, did not want it and surrendered the card to the bank and after 9 months, the card was being used and he was asked to make the payments. Luckily, he had an acknowledgement of the surrender letter and was able to sort it out.


All the Best and hopefully everything gets sorted out.

Last edited by ikoneer : 8th February 2010 at 12:43.
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 12:46   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

All the Best and hopefully everything gets sorted out.
Thanks for the supporting words ikoneer,
Hope everything sorts out quite fastly without any hassles.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 16:06   #49
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 533 Times
Default

ICICI is number one fraudster bank in India.

Similar thing happened to me 4-5 years back. they sent guy to my home also telling some one defaulted CC and he has given my ref when applying. The guy had a surname same as mine. one i got the third call i asked the caller to tell me when was the card issued. the card was actually issued 2 years back. then i confronted him with the fact that my mobile was only six months old. so how the guy gave this number in his application?

the guy immediately disconnected and never called me again.

Later on i had applied for home loan and got it with out any problem.

Regarding CIBIL, i have my CIBIL report with me, courtesy SBI. It does not contain all the minutest details as was imagined here. rather it is very vague. it did not have all the info about me or my loans. the report is dated 2008.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 16:21   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Regarding CIBIL, i have my CIBIL report with me, courtesy SBI. It does not contain all the minutest details as was imagined here. rather it is very vague. it did not have all the info about me or my loans. the report is dated 2008.
Cibil report does contain quite a few details but the data shared with consumers and institutions will differ..what you may have got is a diluted report.

Cibil is a new instituion, 2-3 years old only. With time, it is becoming fairly automated and robut, with various checks & balances being put in place. The data submitted earlier to Cibil were in various formats but over the past one year they have standardized on the same so that invalid data is not submitted.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 16:39   #51
rkg
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 533 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Cibil report does contain quite a few details but the data shared with consumers and institutions will differ..what you may have got is a diluted report.

Cibil is a new instituion, 2-3 years old only. With time, it is becoming fairly automated and robut, with various checks & balances being put in place. The data submitted earlier to Cibil were in various formats but over the past one year they have standardized on the same so that invalid data is not submitted.
First , I did not apply to CIBIL to get a copy.

This was copy CIBIL sent to SBI . so it was not a consumer copy but that of institutional version only
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 19:52   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I called the number, enquired with 2 security persons(called around 2.30pm, all the CCE left for the day) and they mentioned it as ICICI, Bommanahalli Bangalore.

Mods,
Kindly excuse for the double post
Care to google the bommanahalli no? Just double confirm that this no is registered to ICICI.
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 20:56   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 169
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
My suggestion to all:
"Whenever any photocopy is being given for any purpose,please put in a date and write the purpose for which it is being used, in some place where it cannot be removed/ hidden"
Have been doing it for some years now but sometimes they are not ready to accept it.ICICI bank refused to accept the photocopy with this written on it.
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 11:52   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Latest update,
My brother once again confirmed with ICICI- CCE as well as he had been to ICICI Bommanahalli brach, they told that there doesn't exist any credit card on my brother's name.
So stress releived to a certain extent.
As of now I have told my brother to get a Letter from ICICI stating that there doesn't exist any card on his name, I know it's difficult to get this letter, but shall try our luck in getting the same.
The phone number from which he received the call belongs to ICICI, coz once again when we called back, It was answered as ICICI Bommanahalli with a female voice.

Mods,
I request you to change the thread name as
"FRAUD/HOAX CALL RECEIVED ON BEHALF OF ICICI CREDIT CARD" Until the next update.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:32   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 223
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
The phone number from which he received the call belongs to ICICI, coz once again when we called back, It was answered as ICICI Bommanahalli with a female voice.
+(91)-(80)-41131877, 66302678, 66302578
These are icici bommanahalli branch nos. link..
Icici Bank Limited in Bommanahalli Bangalore - Justdial

First no is the CC number common for all ICICI customers.
is this the no that you are calling (starting with 66)?

If not, Just google the no that you are dialing and see any links comes up!
anToNIcHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 12:52   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
svsantosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hosur
Posts: 3,308
Thanked: 1,252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Tried calling the same number today once again, either it's busy or nobody is picking up the call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
The phone number from which he received the call belongs to ICICI, coz once again when we called back, It was answered as ICICI Bommanahalli with a female voice.
Sushrutha,

That Number DOES NOT Belong to ICICI and neither they are in BOMMANAHALLI. This is a simple case of fraud/impersonation and needs to be dealt with SEVERELY.

Dont you or your brother worry, my friend. This is a pure fraud case and all you need to do is, find who is the provider of the land line number. Airtel, BSNL etc... Go to them and give a written complaint of Fraud calls. They will take it up with police.

If possible - CAN you post that number here for everyone's reference...

I will post a similar fraud ATTEMPT on my friend in this thread very soon. Its a Nexus under the name of Shriram Chit Funds - But the real Shriram doesnt have anything to do with this.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 13:04   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
+(91)-(80)-41131877, 66302678, 66302578
These are icici bommanahalli branch nos. link..
Icici Bank Limited in Bommanahalli Bangalore - Justdial

First no is the CC number common for all ICICI customers.
is this the no that you are calling (starting with 66)?

If not, Just google the no that you are dialing and see any links comes up!
It starts with 69
This is the link i have got after searching the net with the phone number.
ICICI Bank Complaints - Harrassment

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Sushrutha,

That Number DOES NOT Belong to ICICI and neither they are in BOMMANAHALLI. This is a simple case of fraud/impersonation and needs to be dealt with SEVERELY.

Dont you or your brother worry, my friend. This is a pure fraud case and all you need to do is, find who is the provider of the land line number. Airtel, BSNL etc... Go to them and give a written complaint of Fraud calls. They will take it up with police.

If possible - CAN you post that number here for everyone's reference...

I will post a similar fraud ATTEMPT on my friend in this thread very soon. Its a Nexus under the name of Shriram Chit Funds - But the real Shriram doesnt have anything to do with this.
Thanks Santosh for the concern.
I have PM ed you the phone number.
For your reference we have already registered a complaint in PS about this number.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 12:11   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Update.
* Since, 3 days the phone number from which the call was received has been switched off.
* No credit/Loan exisits on my brother's name- courtesy CIBIL report through SBI.
* Reconfirmed with ICICI, no credit card exists in my brother's name.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2010, 14:18   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 384
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Yesterday my wife got an SMS from ICICI intimating non-mtce of Quarterly Avg. Balance (QAB) of Rs. 5000 in a S.B A/c last 4 digits mentioned. We did not have any such account and were wondering how this happened. Called up their call centre, of not much help as they simply stated that someone may have wrongly registered the cell no. in his/her account !! Still am suspicious abt it.
emkay456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:35   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 206
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

I too received two similar calls from ICICI around early February. Here is the summary.

Call 1:
Caller: Is this Mr.X? (they told my correct name)
Me: Yes, whats this regarding?
Caller: Sir, your brother Mr.Y is having a large payment due and you are the guarantor for it. We are going to file a case in the court. Request you to intervene immediately.
Me: I dont know Y.
Caller: Sir, its your brother.
Me: I dont have any relative or the friend by the name Y. You have called the wrong number.
Caller: No sir, its your brother and he has a large payment due.
Me: Am sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Call disconnected. Next call came within a minute from the same number, same lady. This time quoting another name as my brother.

Call 2:
Caller: Sir, your brother Mr.Z is having a large payment due and you are the guarantor for it.
Me: See Madam, I do not have any brother in the first place. So, I dont know what you are talking about.

Call disconnected. No calls after that.

Cant really conclude if its a phishing call because, she never asked me any personal details. However, she told my correct name though.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICICI bank launches Ferrari range of credit cards Tushar Shifting gears 28 21st June 2016 10:17
Another credit card fraud Sam Kapasi Shifting gears 54 28th June 2014 21:10
Credit Card Purchase Surcharge 1.5% (and a discussion on TIPS) sam003 Shifting gears 114 6th February 2013 12:28
ICICI Bank phishing site received today in mail emkay456 Shifting gears 28 5th October 2009 22:10
Credit card menace kutlee Shifting gears 39 17th August 2007 18:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks