Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2013, 06:51   #136
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
I've just been posted at Hyderabad
welcome...welcome! Where are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
[*]Join some random dudes in a 3BHK around Begumpet and save on travel con being not many options to chose from
This seems to a good option for a short term where in the initial days you may end up working long hours. You may save some more money for a Nano by walking to work. Look at the area behind Shoppers Stop, Prakash Nagar (opp old airport entrance below the flyover) or Airlines Colony behind Intergraph. Look for an apartment that has been furnished so thay problem is out of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
[*]Join a PG in Madhapur/Hitech City for 13k+ as a one shot solution, but I wont be able to park my ever increasing fleet. Also I am wary of the quality of service at such places.
This is the best option IMO. There are quite acfew hostels in this area offering good service and even private rooms. The members with knowledge of those may share them here. Look for one that has parking for a Nano at least. Bikes shouldnt be an issue anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
Also what would be the traffic like if I have to drive/ride from Begumpet to various parts of Hyd?
it would be terrible for next few years in begumpet due to the Metro work. The road nr Shoppers Stop is already a bottle neck and the widening is happening at snails pace there due to litigations. Which is why option 1 would be good in short term.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 08:00   #137
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Aravind, welcome to hyderabad

If your office is in. Begumpet. IMO, the only option is to look for a place only in Begumpet area as it will save you hassle of travel and some money

Btw, Begumpet is a great place to stay and very much centrally located

P.S : if interested join for a drive meet tomorrow. Do check the hyd meet thread

Cheers!!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 08:09   #138
BHPian
 
jeetaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 74
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Welcome to Hyderabad.

Close to Gachibowli - Try Hill Ridge opposite to P Gopichand Badminton Academy. Plenty of 2BHK options. Rents are reasonable. Location is good. Full of IT crowd. Gated community.

Pl let me know if you are keen and I shall provide you a contact who may help.

Cheers
Jeet
jeetaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 14:43   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cochin
Posts: 141
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
welcome...welcome! Where are you from?.... short term.
Thanks for the warm welcome CtrAltDel! I am a proud Mallu
I am reaching Hyderabad on monday, and the company would provide me a guesthouse for about a month. Will look for options around and check in somewhere in the first week itself.

I've made a note of the places, thanks for the suggestions! It would be more fun if I get some like minded guys to share a furnished 3BHK. Will take up a PG if I cant find any such guys.

Sad to know that traffic is going to be bad. This makes me more inclined to chose a place which is closer to office. But then walking is going to be so punishing during the dreaded summers, even if its just a Kilometer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Aravind, welcome to hyderabad


If your office is in. Begumpet. IMO, the only option is to look for a place only in Begumpet area as it will save you hassle of travel and some money

Btw, Begumpet is a great place to stay and very much centrally located

P.S : if interested join for a drive meet tomorrow. Do check the hyd meet thread

Cheers!!!
Thank you mobike008. I guess I'll settle down somewhere in Begumpet only. But what made me look at other localities is the availability factor. There are only about a handful of ads on sulekha for places in Begumpet, but hundreds in Madhapur/Hitech City/Kondapur

I'd have loved to join for the drive meet, but I am reaching only on Monday. Will definitely join you guys the next time you are meeting. I guess I'd soon be a regular coz I don't really have a large circle of friends over there in any case

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Welcome to Hyderabad.

Close to Gachibowli - Try Hill Ridge opposite to P Gopichand Badminton Academy. Plenty of 2BHK options. Rents are reasonable. Location is good. Full of IT crowd. Gated community.

Pl let me know if you are keen and I shall provide you a contact who may help.

Cheers
Jeet
Thank you Jeet, and its very kind of you to offer to help, and I definitely appreciate it very much. Will contact you on monday once I land at Hyd. I'll Pm you my number. PS I don't work for an IT company, infact I work for someone who you would all love to hate

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 23rd March 2013 at 14:59.
aravindwarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 15:59   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TG
Posts: 664
Thanked: 326 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
I guess I'll settle down somewhere in Begumpet only. But what made me look at other localities is the availability factor. There are only about a handful of ads on sulekha for places in Begumpet, but hundreds in Madhapur/Hitech City/Kondapur.
Look out for Begumpet, Prakash Nagar, Rasoolpura, Paigah Colony, P G Road aka Prender Ghast Road, Sindhi Colony, Brahmanwadi, Kundanbagh and Uma Nagar.

Expand your horizon a little (just a wee bit) and look out for Ameerpet, Yellareddyguda, Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar aka S R Nagar and Vengal Rao Nagar as these areas are full of students so cheaper accommodation will be more readily available.

BTW, Begumpet is serviced by local train called MMTS and the station is 1 km from Shopper's Stop and with train travel, you can open up lots of areas suitable to your budget.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 23rd March 2013 at 16:01.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2013, 17:51   #141
BHPian
 
jeetaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 74
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Well, we all would love to know what do you do (hope it s not a repeat as I couldn't go thru the entire thread)? Being in IT, we hate what we do anyways.. so rest doesn't matter
jeetaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 10:47   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cochin
Posts: 141
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Look out for Begumpet, Prakash Nagar, Rasoolpura, Paigah Colony, P G Road aka Prender Ghast Road, Sindhi Colony, Brahmanwadi, Kundanbagh and Uma Nagar.

Expand your horizon a little (just a wee bit) and look out for Ameerpet, Yellareddyguda, Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar aka S R Nagar and Vengal Rao Nagar as these areas are full of students so cheaper accommodation will be more readily available.

BTW, Begumpet is serviced by local train called MMTS and the station is 1 km from Shopper's Stop and with train travel, you can open up lots of areas suitable to your budget.
Thank you. I'll look around in those areas. What do you think will be easier to find? Share a Full furnished 2/3 BHK or a PG? What are the prevailing rentals if you have any idea?

As far as using MMTS is concerned, even in Bombay where everyone takes the train, I used to avoid them, so I'd rather drive/ride to work. Also I might need to travel to parts of the city for work, so it makes more sense to have my own vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Well, we all would love to know what do you do (hope it s not a repeat as I couldn't go thru the entire thread)? Being in IT, we hate what we do anyways.. so rest doesn't matter
Well isn't that the same story with every one now? . I currently work for Tata Motors. I hope I don't have to run for cover now :P

BTW, I was wondering if I can get a running condition kinetic honda or something for less than 5k? Idea is to use it for a month and throw it away, till I find a Nano for cheaps or they launch the big Duke.Where should I be looking for it? Alternatively, can I rent a bike for a month? I guess that would be more expensive an option. If any of you Hyd-Bhpians have an old unused bike/scooter I can buy it/ borrow it (against a deposit).
aravindwarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 19:53   #143
BHPian
 
vickey_jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Hey Guys, I am shifting to Hyderabad this August and need some help.

1. My office will be on Warangal Highway, so what residential areas should I be looking at

2. Which are the good schools in these areas and how easy/difficult will it be get admission for my son in Nursery?

3. I have a six month old Honda City registered in NOIDA. is it normal for cops to harass outstation vehicles?
vickey_jai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 00:12   #144
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
Hey Guys, I am shifting to Hyderabad this August
Welcome...welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
My office will be on Warangal Highway, so what residential areas should I be looking at
There is a huge swath of residential colonies there. You might even get an independent house for a reasonable rent in some areas. What is the range of rent you are ready to pay? Where exactly is your office, ie how far from city limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
Which are the good schools in these areas and how easy/difficult will it be get admission for my son in Nursery?
Depends on where you want to stay. Nursery admissions shouldnt be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
I have a six month old Honda City registered in NOIDA. is it normal for cops to harass outstation vehicles?
yes, they usually look out for non-AP vehicles. Since you would be here for quite some time it would be better to pay the road tax here and keep a color photocopy of the receipt in the car for showing to the cops. If possible negotiate with your company to check if they would bear the cost of road tax as part of any relocation allowance.

There is no need to change the regn number if you dont want to but you may have to face the occassional pain of being stopped by cops.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:47   #145
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
Hey Guys, I am shifting to Hyderabad this August and need some help.

1. My office will be on Warangal Highway, so what residential areas should I be looking at
My guess is you are joining infy at their pocharam sez? if yes ,the closest would be singapore township

If you want to live near/within civilization then uppal/tarnaka would be your best bet.(pocharam is outskirts of city limits)

Welcome to Hyderabad (great place/food/warm people/safe/less traffic than ncr ) but again your office is way outskirts man!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 17:20   #146
BHPian
 
vickey_jai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Welcome...welcome!!
Thanks Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
There is a huge swath of residential colonies there. You might even get an independent house for a reasonable rent in some areas. What is the range of rent you are ready to pay? Where exactly is your office, ie how far from city
I am joining Infy which is on Warangal highway. looking to pay around 15000 as rent. Would prefer multi-story apartment with power backup etc. any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Depends on where you want to stay. Nursery admissions shouldnt be an issue.
Any good schools you might suggest in the area?? Wouldn't the session be already underway when I land in Hyderabad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
yes, they usually look out for non-AP vehicles. Since you would be here for quite some time it would be better to pay the road tax here and keep a color photocopy of the receipt in the car for showing to the cops. If possible negotiate with your company to check if they would bear the cost of road tax as part of any relocation allowance.
There is no need to change the regn number if you dont want to but you may have to face the occassional pain of being stopped by cops.
I will be prepared than


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
My guess is you are joining infy at their pocharam sez? if yes ,the closest would be singapore township
Bang on buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
If you want to live near/within civilization then uppal/tarnaka would be your best bet.(pocharam is outskirts of city limits)
Yes, I would prefer to be in city limits. Any good apartments that you can suggest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Welcome to Hyderabad (great place/food/warm people/safe/less traffic than ncr ) but again your office is way outskirts man!
Yeah, great place. Used to come to Hyderabad almost once a month in my current job. Always loved it.
vickey_jai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 17:59   #147
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 445
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

check out Damaiguda / Nagaram should be around 5-6 kms from infy off. with schools around ,rent would be around 7-10k.you could also check requelford school near infy but fee is very high at 1.5 lacs pa.

best option would be singapore city and look for schools at uppal / nagaram .

there is a DPS at nagaram.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 11:30   #148
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
I am joining Infy which is on Warangal highway. looking to pay around 15000 as rent. Would prefer multi-story apartment with power backup etc. any suggestions?
I guessed Infy but did not want to assume you are an IT guy

You can look at Saket township near ECIL/Nagaram road. They are reputed and have all amenities. Rent may be < 15k. There are numerous other apartments too.
You can also consider Kowkoor-Yapral area. Lots of greenery and maybe 30 minute commute one way. Rents would be within your budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
Any good schools you might suggest in the area?? Wouldn't the session be already underway when I land in Hyderabad?
If u opt to live in areas I suggested above you can consider Indus World School. Its expensive but good. There are other options like DPS, Jain Intl etc not too far from that area. Most schools are reopening this week but pre primary admissions would never be a problem. Better get in touch with the schools by email or phone and ask them.

One suggestion about the daily commute: you can use the Infy buses instead of driving. The amount they would deduct would be far lesser than petrol costs and even if you live some little distance away, you can relax.
Downside: rigid timing of the buses.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 20:49   #149
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
1. My office will be on Warangal Highway, so what residential areas should I be looking at
Welcome to Infy. As many have suggested, nearby is singapore township. There is a surge now in there on the rent, costing from 7-13k
There is also the school in it run by Mohan babu actor. But dont expect a power backup.
There are quite a number of schools around that area too, where you can try.
Other options are ECIL/Nagaram, Uppal, Tarnaka, Habsiguda.
With your budget, you can easily get a decent home.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 11:27   #150
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Relocation to Hyderabad. Need suggestions

Sorry for back to back posts. My friend has relocated to Hyderabad Madhapur area. Where can he find good family accommodation in and around that area. His budget is 9k Max and prefers apartments.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relocation - Local orientation and help amtak Shifting gears 242 27th September 2016 23:15
Car relocation - Hyderabad to Delhi paharino1 Street Experiences 13 24th April 2013 12:47
Relocation Queries - Chennai to Hyderabad rrahul_2778 Street Experiences 16 25th May 2010 16:48
Registration of Honda Activa after relocation to Mumbai aarenes Motorbikes 9 6th November 2009 16:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks