Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th February 2010, 19:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
No need to show any picture. If the guy driving the vehicle is genuinely at fault, his fear of this "roaming person with rc" will be enough to settle..like it regularly happens as of today. On top of that, who knows the picture is also uploaded, as per your technology, so at the end, on the spot settlement also done and future fine also needs to be paid.

And, no sooner that you can blink, the cameras will stop functioning..like the video survelliance cameras. There are way too many easy ways to get around your suggestions. Not to speak of misuse by parties involved.

The only thing that will prevent users from doing such things is to impose heavy fines (if fines go up, the bribe also goes up), hence it will become some kind of detterent.
Well, IMO, let us say you've jumped the signal & I stand at the corner of the road with the RC, how can I even approach you before I take the pic? You would've drove away right or else I need to chase you for the proof that I don't have OR I've taken a pic (that may or may not be sent) & tell you what? That I've taken the pic? So in that case what would you say? Remember that once clicked is clicked, no reversal. In that case, do you have an option to tell me sorry & try out of way practice? No right?

Now lets say you've stopped after the stop line & I come to you stating, "give me money & I'll get away" so what would you do? Probably pay first time you can settle in, but if this becomes an ongoing activity from me & other guys? You'll stop paying & stop before the stop line right? Again, remember, these guys keep roaming around with only one intention - Earn (its their bread & butter, more pics, more money)

Probably with an accident, yes, this person could threaten the involved parties that he would take a pic. However the chances of getting approval is another stage which the CSS team decides. This can be implemented starting to monitor for small violations & then getting more & more stringent. Hope you got the point.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote