Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 9th March 2010, 15:31   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
As long as you pitch in with your ideas lets proceed.
Ok, DKG. I am ready to give my time for this. Venkat also can help as this is what he does every day

I am going out of station this weekend. But available everyday after 6:30 in the evening.
highwaylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 15:35   #317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Hope the next set of pictures has Pug Marks of a Tiger.
I am not too sure man but the sixth in the second list appears to be a probable one. But looks lots of leopards around.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 15:35   #318
BANNED

thats not exactly correct Raj, I mostly bum around everyday. I just work when bored :-P
Deepak, Im free anytime youre free. let me know when and where and lets meet.
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 15:41   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This kind of an assurance really boosts one's determination to go ahead and implement these projects....
I could not join you all in the last event nor I will be able to join you all for the upcoming events. Do I have a chance to make the following suggestion?

Most of the time the current team/group lead by Deepak will be focusing on the issues at hand for now. But I would suggest to allocate some time in creating few more groups which can plan and execute things on their own. For the initial stages the first group can share notes, later on also the groups can share notes but need not be depending upon each other!!
Quote:
Sadly greedy NGO's have so deeply tarnished the name of conservation that no one trusts them anymore.
Thats one reason most people would be skeptical in donating money!! My point is instead of having a single big group which has funds at hand to the tune of 10 lakhs(NGOs??). How about having 20 groups with funds of around 50,000/- each? Please note these numbers are for example only.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 15:54   #320
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Spoke with DFO Achampet (Srisailam, Mannanur division) and he too has agreed to study creating some long term water solutions along the lines of what we propose to do at Kawal. We've agreed to meet soon to work this through

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
available everyday after 6:30 in the evening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Im free anytime youre free. let me know when and where and lets meet.
Free this evening? Let me know a place convenient for us to meet and I'll be there, perhaps a coffee shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
How about having 20 groups with funds of around 50,000/- each?
Raj the biggest issue is credibility and trust. Those 20 trust worthy people are hard to find. In any case we are starting small. We'll handle water projects first. Make the first check dam, document the project, and do so in a transparent manner and proceed to the next.

Once we are done with water for animals we'll focus on fodder for animals and so on.

Last edited by DKG : 9th March 2010 at 15:56.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 15:58   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Free this evening? Let me know a place convenient for us to meet and I'll be there, perhaps a coffee shop?
I am in tarnaka. venkat is near begumpet airport. i am assuming you are in bnjara hills. So, lets meet somewhere in begumpet-punjagutta at 7PM?

Last edited by highwaylover : 9th March 2010 at 16:00.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:00   #322
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in tarnaka. venkat is near begumpet airport. i am assuming you are in bnjara hills. So, lets meet somewhere in begumpet at 7PM?
Sure, is eat street on Necklace road okay?
Old 9th March 2010, 16:01   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, is eat street on Necklace road okay?
Works for me. I will be there by 7:15 PM
Old 9th March 2010, 16:02   #324
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Works for me. I will be there by 7:15 PM
Ok will be there, and you Venkat?

Our website must:

1. Educate people and create awareness about issues that matter in wildlife and forest conservation

2. Document all the forest ranges in AP with facts on area, flora and fauna available (with pictures)

3. List of projects, stating the objective, activity, costs, time frame, project status again with pictures

4. Enable people to contact us and donate into projects

Last edited by DKG : 9th March 2010 at 16:11.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:30   #325
DKG
Senior - BHPian

More good news. Spoke with Mr. Thulsi Rao ACF Biodiversity at NSTR at length about our initiative and was delighted to hear they have completed a detailed study on water resource management. He said they have just the data on where we need to build check dams for critical areas in priority. It was music to my ears to hear him repeat in detail exactly the proposal I had envisaged as a permanent solution to water scarcity in NSTR ie of pumping water from the river to feeder tanks and gravity feed to water holes. Apparently he is actively working on making this happen.

This is simply fantastic. He is a storehouse of knowledge and am delighted he welcomed our initiatives. He asked me to join him on a seminar at 14th at Domalpenta where hopefully we'll get a chance to discuss these issues in detail.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:37   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
I do this for a living. would be glad to do this.
Quote:
I am more than happy to do it, unless anyone else wants to do
Great to hear that there are a few creative guys here. I would not mind giving a helping hand to this as I am a Design Consultant. And I don't design when I am bored, but I do it for living
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 17:02   #327
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I am a Design Consultant. And I don't design when I am bored, but I do it for living
Good so join us this evening at 7pm at Eat Street on Necklace road
Old 9th March 2010, 21:41   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Good so join us this evening at 7pm at Eat Street on Necklace road
Saw this message very late, else would have made it. Let me know details about this, so that I can also contribute to this.

Last edited by traveloholic : 9th March 2010 at 21:44.
traveloholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 10:26   #329
BHPian

Wow! I was off from this thread for some time due to some very heavy quarter-end workload and what do I see when I'm back, very positive and heartening news about people ready to help.

DKG sir, you are putting great efforts in meeting people, enlightening them about the conditions of our forest and what needs to be done, which ultimately is doing a great deal in garnering their support. Hats off to you sir!

Well just a bit off-topic but I found this pic of yours in Sept. 2006 edition of some supplements of Times of India newspaper. That is a 1937 Packard car, a limousine of around 7 feet length (as per what was mentioned below the pic) Nothing was mentioned about the person you are posing with.

Please Help in Saving AP's Forests and Wildlife-copy-_mg_7723.jpg
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 11:38   #330
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
That is a 1937 Packard car, a limousine of around 7 feet length (as per what was mentioned below the pic)
Its actually 18 feet long

Quote:
Nothing was mentioned about the person you are posing with.
That's my beloved father Chandrakant Gir to whom I owe every ounce of my passion for cars. The magnificent cars of yesteryear were built for people like him who looked gorgeous driving such cars!