Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 9th July 2011, 09:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1566)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Hey fellas, my Tata Safari Pear White VX 4x4, Reg. No. UP 16 AE 1566 has been stolen in wee hours of today morning. Calling all BHPians, if you spot a Pearl White Safari with this Reg. No. please call me at 09810218196/09999130039.

Stolen from NOIDA, Sec 15
Pls Post a picture with unique marks which can be identified. Number plate is no longer an identification.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 09:14   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh damn. Sorry to hear this bro. I was wondering why you have not replied on the driving tips thread. Now i know. Hope you find your beast soon.
Please do post pics here.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 09:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1566)

Really sad to hear this. Though I live in Bangalore, will keep an eye out for the SAFARI. Pearl white is a rare colour, please give more details of any unique features of the car
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 09:57   #94
BHPian

Hey fellas, no unique marks. It's in stock condition. Accessories are a subwoofer in boot and amp below front passenger seat.

There's a scratch on the left front fender and a very small dent.

Police informed, they're troubling with FIR, so taking up with higher authorities.
lordofgondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 09:59   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Really sad, apart from any unique modifications, also the TBHP stickers might help if you had them.
If by chance the thieves don't remove the stickers and somebody spot it, It might help.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 10:02   #96
BHPian

Really sorry to hear that. Please take following immediate actions:

1. Lodge an FIR.
2. Describe any easily identifiable distinguishing marks on the car.
3. Post some photographs identifying these.

On a side, thinking loudly and for consideration of members of BHPian family, the fact is that cars do get stolen, and there must be other members of our community or their friends who have lost their cars. Would it be worth while to initiate a thread in used car section where members could post the VIN and other distinguishing identifiable features of their cars which get stolen.

Also in this time of computerised cars and engines shouldn't all manufacturers keep an alert list of VIN and engine ident of stolen cars on their online systems and dealer network, so that any time such a machine comes for repairs or odd-job they can alert appropriate people.
SushilBajpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 10:31   #97
Senior - BHPian

My brother's Safari (Pearl White) got stolen from Sector-27 almost a month back. Cops told us later, three Safaris got stolen that night, two from Sector-27 itself.
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 10:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear. Hope you find your steed soon!

P.S: I thought 4X4 and immobilisers were supposed to be a big deterrent!
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 11:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

Inside job! I'm pretty sure the colony security guys must be in cahoots with the thieves. Hope the cops give you support.Good luck man, let me know if I can be of any assistance whatsoever!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 11:42   #100
BHPian

Sorry to hear it, I hope you can get some leads ASAP and the cops do their job.
Recompose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 12:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1

Hope you get your ride back, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
on of members of BHPian family, the fact is that cars do get stolen, and there must be other members of our community or their friends who have lost their cars. Would it be worth while to initiate a thread in used car section where members could post the VIN and other distinguishing identifiable features of their cars which get stolen.
There is one : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2347943 (The "Car / Bike got stolen" Thread)
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 12:03   #102
BHPian

Default Re: Calling BHPians for help, car stolen - Pearl White Tata Safari (VX 4x4 UP 16 AE 1

I can understand, if not feel, what you are going through now.
This could definately be insiders job. Hope the police start with the watch man of your building first.
Do upload some snaps to check out for some unique identification other than the Registration no.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 13:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
P.S: I thought 4X4 and immobilisers were supposed to be a big deterrent!
Not sure about 4x4 & even immobilisers are being reset these days. But do you know the shocking bit - he even had a gear lock which most people believe to be the ultimate deterrent. Even that didn't help!

That's why I'm inclined to think that its an inside job - the colony guards & thieves would have studied the pattern, realized that its parked away from the house & taken their time going about it. There is an anti theft alarm in the VX as well - they would have first disconnected the battery terminals & then done the rest.

Last edited by suman : 9th July 2011 at 13:05.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 13:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Not sure about 4x4
I thought since 4X4 are not fast moving vehicles, selling them might be a bit difficult. Just a thought, with 4X4 vehicles, parking the vehicles in 4L mode may be better as it will hamper the quick getaway of the thieves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
& even immobilisers are being reset these days. But do you know the shocking bit - he even had a gear lock which most people believe to be the ultimate deterrent. Even that didn't help!

That's why I'm inclined to think that its an inside job - the colony guards & thieves would have studied the pattern, realized that its parked away from the house & taken their time going about it. There is an anti theft alarm in the VX as well - they would have first disconnected the battery terminals & then done the rest.
Vehicle stolen inspite of Gear Lock . In that case what hope do normal cars have?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 13:45   #105
Senior - BHPian

That is a very sad and shocking news Abhinav :( I highly doubt that it'd be anywhere even near NCR region. Do you have any contacts (friends, relatives) in eastern UP/Bihar/Orissa area, if you do please inform them to keep an eye in the areas where total-loss cars are kept to be sold as salvage, for obvious reasons.

BHPians from these areas might be able to help.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote