Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 26th September 2005, 12:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

According to what Ive heard till today - I support Greg Chapell. And it was shocking to see that players were complaining about the kind of hard training that the coach has introduced ! I have a strong feeling that the ones complaining are the ones closest to Gnaguly and who are always feigning injuries or getting injured - zaheer , nehra , even harbhajan.

Come on if we dont train hard how the F@@$# do we expect to be world beaters ?
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 13:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Totally agree N_C. Totally agree.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2005, 20:59   #18
Team-BHP Support

I'm a Chappell supporter too. I think Greg is a perfectionist who only believes in winning. Our players are a bunch of lazies. Ganguly better pull his socks up. 100 runs in more than 200 deliveries against a depleted "school boy team" like Zimbabwe isn't really great going.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 00:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

I was very surprised with Bhajji's fiery criticism of the coach. He could have used that instead in his bowling.

Why do we create gods out of people? Effigies were burnt in Kolkata. No offence to our good bengali friends on this forum, but most of the support for Ganguli is coming only from Bengal. Why can't people understand that when one's time is up, one has to quit. Then that one can be one certain Don Bradman or Sachin Tendulkar or Viv Richards.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 00:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

You can bet on Ganguly or Chappel with your friendly neighbourhood bookie - ET reports that the bookies odds are overwhelmingly on Ganguly winning this round.

At least it gives the common man a chance to make (or lose) some money.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 00:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Ahhh, but professionalism or no professionalism, Beemer, Chappel in all probability will be on his way out.
You mean the BCCI people will kick chappel out as a coach ?!!
Well , as far as i know its not possible coz they need to think that whatever chappel is doing ,is doing for the betterment of our team and by any means if they do it than only god can take care of our team and IMO they(bcci) need to go to a psychiatrist and get their brains checked thoroughly ...

IMO , the only major thing going in ganguly's favour is the man known as Mr Dalmia , you take him out and ganguly ll follow soon ....

BTW no matter what is the outcome ,i personally 've started respecting chappel a lot . He is the REAL MAN ....
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 06:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Chappel Rocks! He is THE man. Unfortunately, I m sure he is gonna be the one to go. I have been saying for the last 2 years that Ganguly should be out of the team. Anyway, India doesn't have a cricket team. We have 11 guys who are models and in their part time they play cricket. It's high time we stopped pampering these idiots. Time corporate India woke up and stopped giving ads to these idiots.
PS now that fiat and tata have entered into an alliance, how about a Fiat Palio 1.6 narain edition? Surely he deserves a car named after him rather then a certain millionaire called tendulkar.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 11:05   #23
rkg
Senior - BHPian

the 11 models playing cricket in part time is absloutely correct.

Mtr Harbhajan is a liar . see his statement after 1st test where he got 200 wickets. he praised chapell. it came in allnews papers. he said he has braught lot of improvement in him. now he wahts tp lease ganguly. harbhajan should have been banned for a year after the run out fiasco with Kaif in one day series. there kaif is clealry shouting no, still he comes to non striker end and then abuses kaif for not supporting him. now iam thinking isnt it a plan hatched by ganguly to make kaif run out in that match. comments please
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 11:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

And the latest spin on the issue is that it was Chappel who was instrumental in getting Bhajji on the Zimbabwe tour over the dissent of the selectors (today's Hindustan Times, Mumbai edition). Mr Singh surely does seem to know which side his bread is buttered. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I do have reservations on the coaching ability of GC. But I do believe he has the right intentions. And what pisses me off is the way supposedly senior players in our team are behaving so childishly. Damn them to hell.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 12:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yep, TypeO. I read an article siting not-so-good record of Chappel on coaching a team. But, then it was the same even before he was chosen as coach. Wonder, why didn't these guys read it before selecting him?

Earlier I thought, Chappel would be asked to leave or will be humbled, but looking at so much pressure and media spotlight on Dalmia-Ganguli, I can imagine a compromise formula cooking up. Most likely, it will be "Ganguli-Chappel bhai bhai" at the end of it.
Old 27th September 2005, 12:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

The bottom line is - All these so called players are used to CUSHY lives and they CANT TAKE CRITICISM ON THE FACE. I mean if you cant face ur critics how the hell do you think you will improve ? and the most shocking part is when some guys complain that the training regimen is too tough !!

I mean the guys who havent complained have showed improvements eg kaif,yuvraj,dhoni while the others ..the less said the better !

I read somewhere that Kaif is the fittest player in the team , he can keep running for hours togather ! thats committment ! and what about Ganguly ? he takes the title of SKIPPER to personally and SKIPS practice.

Drop this man - Ganguly. he had his moments as batsman and as skipper too and is instrumental in building this team..but he is toatally out of form now ...infact after his performance against a weak Zim side ....im dreading what the Srilankans will do to him. The board has to take tough decisions and the time is now.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 27th September 2005 at 12:24.
Old 27th September 2005, 12:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Most likely, it will be "Ganguli-Chappel bhai bhai" at the end of it.
That will be the final nail in Indian cricket's coffin.
Old 27th September 2005, 12:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

While we are on cricket, there is a good news and bad news in New Zealand cricket. Bad news : Chris Cairns is dropped from the the team. Good news: He has decided to fight his way back into the team. He is ready to play more first class cricket. And in my sincere opinion, barring his injury problems, he is as great as Ian Botham or Kapil Dev or Richard hadlee. I like the way he vowed back to hight for his place. Hope, Ganguli is reading this :-)
Old 27th September 2005, 12:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Its quite tempting to take sides and label one of them 'black' and the other 'white'. Suggest everyone takes a good look at Chappel's record when it comes to ethics as well - its quite possible he's playing the game too.

In any organization, the arrival of a new boss means a period of turbulence as the new chap would want things HIS way, put HIS people in place and condition the environment for himself. That is exactly what we're seeing here - a new boss will always try to prop up a perceived weakling against established names in order to undermine their sense of security. If he doesnt succeed in this manouvere he might as well say goodbye to his chances of directing the team - any compromise will ensure that Chappel ends up like John Wright, the man who was always wrong.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2005, 12:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

My friends used to tell me - John Wright always sitting in front of his laptop while India played - he never used to look worried (win or loose) .....he was busy playing Solitaire on the lappy !