Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st March 2010, 11:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lightbulb Auto companies regularly monitor Team-BHP - HT Business

A screenshot from today's HT Business:
Attached Images

Last edited by DCEite : 1st March 2010 at 12:03.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 11:58   #2
BHPian

That's the only way I think they can survive here in India. It's all about the car owner's community that can give them an insight of competition, their own stand and many other information that they can gain from.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure this is going to increase further; I've already recommended my M.A.S.S to browse this website to increase his productivity
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:11   #4
BHPian

Very true ! Today morning; I got call today from Maruti car dealer about whom I posted feedback on TeamBHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
That's the only way I think they can survive here in India. It's all about the car owner's community that can give them an insight of competition, their own stand and many other information that they can gain from.
devendradesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 12:54   #5
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I am sure Skoda is not one of them anymore
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

^^ Well, if they are not, then it is our responsibility to guide prospects, nahi ?

I'm not sure how much of inputs the manufacturers are going to take to make their cars that much more better. After all most percentage of decisions is money driven.
If they are then, well, good for them!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

there is no better way to measure customers' perception of a Company than to browse through such forums.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Doing something about a negative perception is something I am looking for. I have very few examples. Those too I do not know if they have come from browsing forums.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey, let us not get carried away.

It is true that a percentage of informed buyers join online forums like TBHP for guidance.

But a majority of public still goes by other criteria, not necessarily those often expressed in TBHP.

This is why one finds a huge disparity between the opinions expressed here about cars and the market sales figures.

Of course this forum converts an average buyer into a knowledgeable buyer.
sbraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:37   #10
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ Well, if they are not, then it is our responsibility to guide prospects, nahi ?

I'm not sure how much of inputs the manufacturers are going to take to make their cars that much more better. After all most percentage of decisions is money driven.
If they are then, well, good for them!
Its a good way to get some feeling of the market perception, but probably its only 1% of their focus. The number of people who look online before deciding is really increasing but then its still far far less to warrant some serious attempts from manufacturers to look at forums.
The community is growing fast so that's why they are keeping an eye out for sure but a long long way to go.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 14:46   #11
Team-BHP Support

Based on my visit to GM tech Centre and the launch, my take is that the middle management folks and people on the front line read and take our findings into account.

The big dogs acknowledge our existence but they are too busy fighting shareholders, parent company politics and other issues. Easier for them to pick up a glossy mag and see whats happening as opposed to searching within our forum. Again , one needs to dig hard for gold and diamonds whereas the only gold found on the surface is....well!
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 15:35   #12
BHPian

Team-BHP is providing knowledge not only to the masses, but also to the auto manufactures and their analysts.

Manufactures should in fact go through user forums to gather feed back for their products. "Forewarned is forearmed".
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 17:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Team-BHP is providing knowledge not only to the masses, but also to the auto manufactures and their analysts.

Manufactures should in fact go through user forums to gather feed back for their products. "Forewarned is forearmed".
Rightly said so. Apart from posting experiences, queries on Team BHP I make it a point to mail the same to Ford India cutomer care mail id hoping to get my views directly to Ford India also. Guess what its T-BHP which comes out faster response that the Car manufacturers. I can see my mails being read by the read receipts and in past had some of my queries also answered although late but its OK. Atleast the message is being coveyed.
The Manufacturers have a ready database on the car forums where they can list down the lessons learnt and use it to their advantage in bringing out a better product suited to Indian environments. I mean who would want a european specs in an Indian car like the Left side light controls and right side wiper controls in Ford vehicles.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

All the more reason that we maintain quality here and ensure that genuine concerns are put forward and non biased comments are given.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Could be true. I remember calling up a sales rep at Concorde and hardly after I give him my name he goes did you send an email to the Palio User Group.. was a pleasant surprise
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote