Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th March 2010, 13:19   #16
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Default Sad way to find out

This is the saddest post of my stint at TBHP. I had been in search of my good friend from school who was my junior and with who spent good times. His name- Rahul Nair and he was a cheerful ,enthusiastic boy with who there was never a dull moment. Never did i dream that i will be brought back to know his whereabouts in this way, today:
I got a call from my mom and she told me to look at this news and the FIRST time in my life i saw the photo of a friend as one amongst the dead(co pilot)
My mind went past all through the times we had and it was like a quick flash back in a movie, the times we had going to quiz competitions together, the fun talks of girls as young boys and the year 2000 which started with the 3 of us together at new year in Delhi.
Saddest part, i found out that he was in bangalore, and we could never meet. Makes one think- life is precious, lets make the best and share the times we can with loved ones. Who knows when will be taken away suddenly.
He has a small 2 year old- wish could have just met once before yesterday, now he is gone
Condolences and wish could meet his folks or call them, no contact since many years so dunno how:(

Last edited by mkh : 4th March 2010 at 13:23.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 15:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
This is the saddest post of my stint at TBHP. I had been in search of my good friend from school who was my junior and with who spent good times. His name- Rahul Nair and he was a cheerful ,enthusiastic boy with who there was never a dull moment. Never did i dream that i will be brought back to know his whereabouts in this way, today:
I got a call from my mom and she told me to look at this news and the FIRST time in my life i saw the photo of a friend as one amongst the dead(co pilot)
My mind went past all through the times we had and it was like a quick flash back in a movie, the times we had going to quiz competitions together, the fun talks of girls as young boys and the year 2000 which started with the 3 of us together at new year in Delhi.
Saddest part, i found out that he was in bangalore, and we could never meet. Makes one think- life is precious, lets make the best and share the times we can with loved ones. Who knows when will be taken away suddenly.
He has a small 2 year old- wish could have just met once before yesterday, now he is gone
Condolences and wish could meet his folks or call them, no contact since many years so dunno how:(
Sad to know that. It indeed hurts when you know a person personally. Can very well understand your feelings.

I was a bit uneasy to read our aviation minister's ( Praful Patel) comments " It was an unfortunate incident but the show and other business transactions would continue"

Atleast he could have phrase it better. His comment sounded quite callous.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sad to know that. It indeed hurts when you know a person personally. Can very well understand your feelings.

I was a bit uneasy to read our aviation minister's ( Praful Patel) comments " It was an unfortunate incident but the show and other business transactions would continue"

Atleast he could have phrase it better. His comment sounded quite callous.
Thats the quality of our politicians. Worse than scrap metal, in terms of quality! Reminds me of the lovely statement made by a minister after the death of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. I so wish such individuals face 10 times the trauma and grief that others have gone through!

Anyways, I haven't seen any updates on the investigation (although it might be a bit too early for anything to have been done to understand why the crash occured).
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:30   #19
BHPian

with so much experience between the two pilots, its quite sad and very unfortunate. for whatever reason, they didn't or couldn't eject and that did minimize the damage on the ground. feel quite bad about it and RIP to all the three fellas.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:52   #20
BHPian

Default @mkh

Sir,
Both their families live in goa at the naval base here.Infact their bodies were flown down today.
scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2010, 20:05   #21
BHPian

Default Deepest Condolences

One of my close relatives who is in navy is a batchmate of the pilot. He was inconsolable. He attended their funeral at Goa. According to his description, the sight at the funeral was heartrending. The co-pilot's young son brought tears in everyone's eyes. The child couldn't comprehend why his dady was not coming out to meet him. The bodies were in such bad shape that the funeral pyre was lit along with the casket. The child kept showing the photo of his daddy and was not able to comprehend why his mother was crying. His consoling words to his mother, showing his father's photo, were "Look, dada".
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 00:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Saddest part, i found out that he was in bangalore, and we could never meet. Makes one think- life is precious, lets make the best and share the times we can with loved ones. Who knows when will be taken away suddenly.:(
I was truly saddened after reading this post. We lose someone only after they have gone. May god give their family the courage to get past this sorrow.
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 10:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
That pilot was Lt Cdr Rahul Nair. My batchmate in SSB and coursemate in NDA. Rest in Peace mate!!
My condolences, Neel. I know what losing a coursemate means.
windiesel is offline   Reply With Quote