Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th April 2012, 14:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swimming Pools in Bangalore - condition, rating, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Yes they have training batches as well.

I believe that if you learn in a better place you will naturally learn better too

This pool is just about OK. For me its practically not possible to travel to Basavangudi or Sadashivnagar for the proper pools so making do with this one for now!
I went through the link posted by someone on training classes by Nisha Millet, it said Adult classes for the weekend is 4k / person, which is 15 classes not sure if the rate is good or on the higher side. This will happen in Hotel Hycena near Maharaja restaurant.

Basically not much motivation to go to Gym so looking at sports to cut the flab
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 14:52   #32
BHPian

I honestly feel the rate is a bit on the higher side.

If you live in HSR Layout then this place should be OK to learn. But if you want to cut flab then you need to be regular with this, or dump the vehicle get a cycle
praful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 17:24   #33
BHPian

Hi Guys, If any one interested in a new pool. A new pool (10 lane) is opened in JP Park (Mathikere). It's run by Dolphin Aquatics Club. Understand it's good and they have a coaching class at 20:15 hours and it's Rs. 3000/- for 20 days.
Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 21:46   #34
BHPian

Question Re: Swimming Pools in Bangalore - condition, rating, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Any pools near Indiranagar? I am desperately;y looking for one!
Sorry to bump such an old post, but are there any pools in and around Indiranagar? I'd really like to get started with this, but so far, have only found the Leela Palace pool as an option, which, of course, is prohibitively expensive!!
adroit_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 14:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Sorry to bump such an old post, but are there any pools in and around Indiranagar? I'd really like to get started with this, but so far, have only found the Leela Palace pool as an option, which, of course, is prohibitively expensive!!
I didn't find anything in the vicinity of Indiranagar. But i have now moved to Malleswaram and will go to the Sadashivnagar swimming pool.
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 16:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Swim Life provides coaching @ CITI NEST Sports Center, Indiranagar (With Heated Pools)

You can check their website for more details; I have taken swimming lessons from them at the St Joseph's Indian High school pool; the trainers are all professional swimmers so the quality is good.

SwimLife - Home
chikkars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 18:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I didn't find anything in the vicinity of Indiranagar. But i have now moved to Malleswaram and will go to the Sadashivnagar swimming pool.
Thanks for the demotivation! :( Even I am finding it next to impossible to find it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Swim Life provides coaching @ CITI NEST Sports Center, Indiranagar (With Heated PoolsSwimLife - Home
Thanks man, for the response! But, I know how to swim, just want to get started with a regular daily swim! Any idea whether this CITI NEST Sports Center membership also has years long queue? Couldn't find any information online!
adroit_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 18:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks man, for the response! But, I know how to swim, just want to get started with a regular daily swim! Any idea whether this CITI NEST Sports Center membership also has years long queue? Couldn't find any information online!
Np. Not sure about the membership, but I guess you can try calling them to find out.

Citi Nest Sports Centre near Indiranagar, Bangalore | Swimming Clubs | Justdial
chikkars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 13:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh

Hi
Are you talking about this pool?
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...07690435148878

Have you started going to this pool? Can you tell me what the monthly or yearly membership charges for this pool? Also do they remain open in winters?

Thanks.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 24th August 2012 at 13:13.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 14:43   #40
BHPian

Gopalan Internation School at Basavanagar Mahadevpura has a pool which can be used by outsiders after school hours. They have an annual membership for 7k. Well maintained and its not crowded.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 17:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

There is a new swimming pool in banashankari. Built to standard size of 50X75M. It is maintained by a private agency and public batches are held from 5AM till 1PM. Weekly off is Monday. Evenings are used for coaching classes and lap training. Also there is a ladies only batch once in the morning and from 830-930PM. Tried the pool as it is just opposite my house and for now, things are awesome. But Sundays are crowded.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 16:23   #42
BHPian

I go to the Jayanagar swimming pool regularly and there is not much rush nowadays if you take the membership card for 1400pm and go for the members only batch. Of all the swimming pools in south bangalore, I find that one to be pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
.... Built to standard size of 50X75M. ....
BTW, the standard swimming pool size is 50X25m
atrisarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 12:39   #43
BHPian

I stay beyond electronics city, and hence all the mentioned pools in this thread stands unreachable on a daily basis. Any swimming pool around electronics city area ?
sajusherief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 13:25   #44
BHPian

Guys, any good swimming pool in the JP Nagar area or bannerghatta road? I stay in 4th Phase and looking for a good maintained pool for self and kids. Kids are 4 year old and hence a kid friendly pool is preferred. They love water and want to get them started with swimming. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
r0ckstar.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 21:41   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Guys, any good swimming pool in the JP Nagar area or bannerghatta road? I stay in 4th Phase and looking for a good maintained pool for self and kids. Kids are 4 year old and hence a kid friendly pool is preferred. They love water and want to get them started with swimming. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
rockstar, please see this link :-)

http://www.nishamillet.com/
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote