Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th July 2015, 18:06   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Swimming Pools in Bangalore - condition, rating, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
There is one in NRI Layout, Kalkere. Its called Sprynox.
Thanks. Just called them.
That facility is called Golden Fins. Will be visiting them soon.
sanjaykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 20:57   #62
BHPian

For folks in Electronic City, the closest would be at the Vibgyor School on Neeladri Road (E-City). They used to charge around Rs.200 per hour (open from morning 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM and evenings from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM on weekdays and Saturday and from 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM on Sunday). I used to go there last year and the pool was clean and well maintained back then. The other place is "Play" on the Central Jail road towards Sarjapur Road. They charge Rs.250 per hour. Not sure of the condition since I've never used their swimming pool.
Snehal Sekhar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 10:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Is there any pool in Koramangala that is open to the public for a fee? I used to take my son to NGV for lessons long ago, but my understanding is that the pool is restricted to members otherwise.
My boys went to Grand Mercure during the summer for a nisha Millet camp. Pool is large, well maintained and quiet neighborhood. The other options I know of are at The Paul on IRR and of course NGV.

Somebody further up mentioned Hennur. XLR8 has a pool which charges on an hourly and monthly basis.

Nisha Millet runs coaching camps at several sites including XLR8 and Grand Mercure. She has Adult beginner, Intermediate classes run by really nice instructors. Nisha only conducts Intermediate and Advanced classes at Catholic club, if I remember right. BTW, the Catholic club pool is to be heated later next month.
Juggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 13:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
My boys went to Grand Mercure during the summer for a nisha Millet camp. Pool is large, well maintained and quiet neighborhood. The other options I know of are at The Paul on IRR and of course NGV.

Somebody further up mentioned Hennur. XLR8 has a pool which charges on an hourly and monthly basis.
Thanks for info on the Nisha Millet camp at Grand Mercure. I am planning to sign my son up for the next batch as he is in the midst of exams.

Our problem really has been the fact that he loses touch after a while as we don't have membership to any swimming pool nearby. Do you know if one can pay a pool fee and swim for an hour or two at the Paul or the Grand Mercure or any such place in Koramangala?
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 15:42   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Thanks for info on the Nisha Millet camp at Grand Mercure. I am planning to sign my son up for the next batch as he is in the midst of exams.

Our problem really has been the fact that he loses touch after a while as we don't have membership to any swimming pool nearby. Do you know if one can pay a pool fee and swim for an hour or two at the Paul or the Grand Mercure or any such place in Koramangala?
My wife says she's taken the boys for a swim at Grand Mercure on a Sunday. In my limited experience, the clubs are best long term ~ KGA, Koramangala, Domlur or I Nagar for regular swimming esp for bigger Kids. But if you can't take membership, hotels are next @ GM, Paul, Leela usually empty on weekdays. The health clubs like Xlr8 and Zella get crowded on weekends but offer a variety of other distractions.
Juggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 16:58   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Here you go:
http://maps.google.co.in/local_url?d...z9vE5qg&dtab=2

Banashankari Swimming Pool
17th B Cross Road, Banashankari Stage II, Banashankari
Bangalore, Karnataka
@Audioholic, this is close to where I stay too, what are the membership and causal use options, and is this place kid friendy? thanks in advance
kishgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 12:04   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
@Audioholic, this is close to where I stay too, what are the membership and causal use options, and is this place kid friendy? thanks in advance
Well we stayed just opposite to swing pool. I am not aware if membership is offered. But there is regular use was Rs. 25 per hr. They have separate swimming pool for kids.
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2015, 13:00   #68
BHPian

Any pools at North Bangalore with lady instructors ? Wife and Kid (9Yrs) are planning for swimming during the weekends.
2500cc is online now   Reply With Quote