Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 30th April 2010, 14:36   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

@RVG, the make-over seems to be coming up very nicely. But one important question for you :

You had mentioned that your family will be back on 20th April. Now the new completion date is 7th May. How are you managing this ? Or has your family already got wind of this ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:09   #77
RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@RVG, the make-over seems to be coming up very nicely. But one important question for you :

You had mentioned that your family will be back on 20th April. Now the new completion date is 7th May. How are you managing this ? Or has your family already got wind of this ?
Due to upper floor bathroom water leakage, my master bedroom walls became wet. My wife knows that and i said all floors are undergoing some treatment/work in both bathrooms and i will do ours with this wall as well. So it will take some time..She agreed ! So no problem at surprise front
RVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:19   #78
BHPian

RVG, nice makeover to your home.
Dude just got a query, are those switch panels(In room with yellow wardrobes) also getting changed? I think those look bit dated and modular style would look superb with a stylish border.
REMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:11   #79
RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
RVG, nice makeover to your home.
Dude just got a query, are those switch panels(In room with yellow wardrobes) also getting changed? I think those look bit dated and modular style would look superb with a stylish border.
Thanks, all credit goes to my designer, Joy. He is just brilliant.
Work is going on in staged manner. That's why you see those switch panels. Yes, switch panels are getting changed.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

@RVG: time for another update

I hope you got all work over before May7th, and gave a superb surprise to the whole family!
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 16:10   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes, time for the grand update!!! RVG where are you?
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 22:40   #82
BHPian

Been following up closely and its 15th already. Waiting for the final result
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 14:15   #83
RVG

Default Almost entered in New Dream Home

Hello Friends,
I told that i will be getting key on 9th but got delayed by one week. After that i had to go to pune to get back my family. Came on 16 th.
Wify got to know that some kind of wood work was going on in house when she called her friend at apartment week before coming to hyderabad. She was under the impression that some kind of wood frame work must be done by me in bed rooms.She was too busy handling my new born son and 3 yr old daughter.
My flat is at the corner of short end of L shape apartment. that is at letter i of this -> i__ . It was already decided that as house is not clean we have to go to my friend's house one floor above my flat. So on sunday morning we reached at friends house. Then she was eager to go to our house for cleaning purpose so that we can move immediately to our home. I told bathroom workers are still there so we will go in the night. Exactly around 10 PM when my son was sleeping in friend's house i took my wify and daughter to my house. We came by walk. Before reaching the right turn to my home i switched off light in front of my house. BTW switch is just before right turn on right hand side of passage. I just asked her to keep her eyes closed and i guided her towards the door. Daughter was with me and then again i came back few steps and turn on the light and asked to open her eyes. Husssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. She was like is this my house. She really looked at the neighbour's house number as my house nuber was removed. Total make over of front area. Right from main door, Asta vinayaka Ganapti above door. Designer tiles all around the area of main door. She looked at me and said where is the key ? I can not wait now. If this the start what am i going to see inside. I gave her key but asked to open the door and close the eyes immediately.
Main door entry : I made her stand in opposite corner of TV unit. I switcheched on the lights. Believe me she was amazed to see the house.
Wify said : Oh my god. Is this my house? Total change. Colorful , fancy lamps, foucs lamps. Royal play coloring to froint side wall.
Then she looked at the dining area. Wifey said : House looks too big..lots of empty space. Then moved to kitchen. Total surprise with all modular stuff with chimeny and new gas stove, new designed wash basin ,tiles etc etc. She was not able to recollect the old house at all. Then she looked at me and said this is the biggest ever surprise. Now she wanted to look at bedrooms. First the master bedroom. Bed position changed, fancy fan with lamps, wardrobe, she was touching the lamination and everytime saying wow..wow..Now she was desparate to see the children room. Yellow is her favorite color. Joy, used yellow and black theme in children room. She entered and first impression from her : Room looks too big with lots of storage space. Got computer table as well. Oh got dressing table as well. Then i turned on few fancy lamps and look was so beautiful. She was litterally having joyful tears in her eyes. She was telling my daughter,look how daddy has changed our housefo us.
Wify is still under pleasant shock. Still doesn't believe that this is her house.At the end i am very happy that wife and daughter liked the whole makeover.
Next day 17th all her close friends came.BTW nobody from her friend circle in apartments knows about this makeover. They all came and started , Oh my god. What a change. Everthing looks beatiful and big.
Friends my project is about to finish. I know, you are waiting for photos. Give me some time. Reason is being waiting for curtains to come and new sofa set. If sofa set takes long time i will click the photos with old sofa and post.
My family is happy. I am happy. All credit goes to my designer "Joy" who filled never ending joy in my house.
Thanks for all your support. I will post all other experienace as well. At last i made my family happy with this makeover project. Give me some time i will post photos.

Just couple of days back happen to read below speech by Chetan Bhagat at Symboisis :

RVG
Attached Thumbnails
Taking up Home Makeover Project-chetal-bhagat1.jpg  

Old 20th May 2010, 15:21   #84
Senior - BHPian

RVG - Thanks for the update, We need project details with pictures. Hope your new sofa and curtains arrives soon.
Latheesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVG View Post
She was litterally having joyful tears in her eyes. She was telling my daughter,look how daddy has changed our housefo us.
At the end i am very happy that wife and daughter liked the whole makeover.My family is happy. I am happy. All credit goes to my designer "Joy" who filled never ending joy in my house.
Great Husband and a Family Man. take care buddy and kindly post some pictures . Eagerly waiting for them
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:42   #86
BHPian

Congratulations, RVG on successful completion of the project.

I am sure your wife would be on top of the world and you would be featuring in her girl gossips with full of praises

Awaiting the pictures of the final makeover.

Cheers,
Ardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:53   #87
BHPian

Congratulations RVG!,

Though a delay, well thought and executed both by you and Joy The end result of WOW, followed by many WOW's makes a lot of difference.

For a moment, that "joyful" tear must have made you proud and Happy.

So eagerly waiting for the photo's. How about few teasers too much of asking isnt it.
deepakchiniwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 12:49   #88

Well Done RVG,

Your narration of the surprise your wife got at looking at the revamped house gave me goose-bumps! Its just that kind of pleasure that we strive to give our close ones and what you have achieved is price-less.

Congratulations again.
mushy876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 10:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

wow - Congratz @RVG for making this happen

now, do treat us with the snaps.
(I really like dthe way you described the whole incident - really felt the play of emotions and happy tears )
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 17:53   #90
RVG

Default Finally, here are the "new home" photos

[SIZE=2]Hi Friends,
I really tested your patiences.Couple of days back curtains arrived. Still master bedroom curtains have not come. Also keeping the old sofa only. Waiting for new chairs for dining table.

Please have alook at old photos of my house to get better idea of how much efforts went to do this make over. I really need your feedback.

I have took photos in below sequence :

1. From main door
2. -> Seating arrangement
3. -> TV unit
4. -> Attached dining table (Common wall of TV uint and kitchen)
5. -> Dining table with wash area
6. -> Kitchen and small temple area
7. -> From kitchen to dining area coverage
8. -> From kitchen to hall
9. -> From hall to right side children's bedroom
10.-> From hall to left side master bedroom
11.-> From entry point of bedroom to Hall

[/SIZE]
Attached Thumbnails
Taking up Home Makeover Project-055.jpg  

Taking up Home Makeover Project-054.jpg  

Taking up Home Makeover Project-053.jpg