Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 18th March 2010, 15:46   #1

Default Hyderabad - Suzuki Swift car stolen - March 12 2010 - AP 7 AQ 4444

Hi,

My cousin has given his suzuki swift car for servicing at JAYA LAKSHMI SHOWROOM on 5 march 2010 and the dealer called him on the 6 march 2010 and told him they have lost his swift car key, and they have asked him to bring my second key to the showroom. On the 6 march 2010 he gave them the second key and they have serviced the car and given it back. On the 12 march 2010 he parked his swift car at his house and went out of town in another car, he came back by 3 PM and noticed that his car is missing.

His car was stolen by using the lost key, so somebody at the JAYA LAKSHMI SHOWROOM have stolen his first key and they have used that same key to steal his car AP 7AQ 4444 All the new cars now a days comes with the immobiliser, so the car won't start with any other keys, so it is confirmed that somebody at the JAYA LAKSHMI SHOWROOM have stolen his first key and used it to steal his car on the 12 march 2010. JAYA LAKSHMI SHOWROOM GUNTUR is very irresponsibile, they are being very rude to him on this issue.

He has filed a complaint at local police about the stolen car and police has NOT started the investigation. He can't seem to get any help from the POLICE OR JAYA LAKSHMI SHOWROOM. In Guntur, AP JAYA LAKSHMI SHOWROOM HAS A REPUTATION FOR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY ARE VERY RUDE TO CUSTOMER. If anybody have any suggestions how to deal with this issue please email @ mycarisstolen@yahoo.in please spread the word about this JAYALAKSHMI SHOWROOM and never buy a car from them, and do not take it for servicing.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th March 2010 at 15:50. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
nfs3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 16:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

I failed to get the Hyderabad connection in this whole thing! I was wondering where did this dealer Jaya Lakshmi materialized in Hyderabad from till I saw somewhere in your post that it is actually in Guntur.

About this trick, I think we have heard it before. The key is lost from the service station and then later the thief uses that to steal the car. What I fail to understand is why is your cousin not being a little more proactive? Ask him to approach the local media. Create some hoo-haa. Go and meet Gutur police commissioner or some similar higher-ups. They all have their designated visiting hours. Go and narrate your woe to him. You will find how quickly the police will swing into action thereafter.

And finally, do not forget to send a Registered mail to Maruti mentioning the whole issue.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 16:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Sad to note about the stolen car. For a second i thought it was Lakshmi Hyundia, Hyderabad who have an impeccable reputation for their service then i realized its in Guntur.

Wish your friend goodluck in getting his car back.

P.S: Your title of this thread is misleading. Mods, please do the needful.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 16:35   #4
BANNED

I don't want to tell you what you should have done because it is too late for that. But others can safeguard their cars if something like this happens. If they loose your key, do not take delivery of the car. Ask them to replace the locks and give you new keys with a different code so the lost key is rendered useless.
Live To Jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 10:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I don't want to tell you what you should have done because it is too late for that. But others can safeguard their cars if something like this happens. If they loose your key, do not take delivery of the car. Ask them to replace the locks and give you new keys with a different code so the lost key is rendered useless.
+1 for that. I had done the same when the local car washer in my complex lost one key of my earlier Santro. I immediately went to the workshop and got the entire locks replaced. It costed me 2K but saved me on 3.5L vehicle. Never ever continue to use your vehicle with just one key. U never know when it will be flicked.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 11:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

I also think that your cousin may not get any insurance claim, since he cannot produce both the keys of the car. Please check with Rupesh (team-bhp handle - rjvora_2000). As the others said, he should have got the locks replaced at the dealer's cost before taking delivery of the car. Getting help from police higher-ups is the only way I think.

Last edited by pjbiju : 19th March 2010 at 11:06.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 11:10   #7
BANNED

Follow up with the police strictly. Write to the local media about the incident so that some pressure is created on the police. How careless of him to just give them the second key when they say they have lost the key, like it is a cycle key, duh.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 11:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

My basic question would be why didn't you guys ask them to change the entire ignition system with a new set of keys when those service centre guys behaved so irresponsibly by losing customer keys?

Anyway, past is gone; I firmly believe you can expedite the police process by meeting some higher ups & just narrating this experience; who knows this may not be the first time the dealer is experiencing such issues, your strong hold can crack several other cases & help several other people too;

Also request you to post your updates here as to help all of us spread the awareness; Good luck
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote