Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 14:37   #1741
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
+1 Rajeevraj.The other address proof(s) could be bank statements of last 1 year(with passbook with pic),employers certificate,Aadhar card (if issued one year before the date of application)

To clarify - Bank statement should be from PSU Bank only, not private sector. List of banks is specified somewhere on the passport website.

Petrolrider: I think you will need to declare the passports, but it should not be a problem if your wife's passport is still in maiden name. This is quite routine. You may be required to produce one address proof in addition to your passport.

I don't know that you need Tatkal. My wife and daughter went for passport interview in regular application (in Lower Parel, Mumbai) last Thursday (8 Jan). Last night (12 Jan), she got an email from the passport office saying that their applications have been processed and the passports have gone for lamination and posting. That is literally 2 working days processing time. And this seems to be the experience of others in the forum also. If regular applications are moving so fast, why go for Tatkal.

Police verification is not required for infant passport.
reverse_gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 15:45   #1742
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 1,794 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Include other proofs of address for your wife along with the passport. Add a copy of your marriage registration certificate. In all cases follow the wizard that is available on the passport website for what documents you require.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 21:23   #1743
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Hello folks,

I'm planning a wholesale passport reissue exercise for my wife, son and my passports. My passport is out of pages + need to change the address from Chennai to Bangalore. My son's passport, issued in Chennai, will expire shortly. Given all the churn, I thought that we might as well get my wife's passport also transferred to Bangalore while we're at it.

We have the required address proof in Bangalore (voter ID etc). We need our passports back in a hurry so that we can finalize our summer vacation plans/visas etc.

Given the address change, I expect that a police verification is necessary. How long will the process normally take in Bangalore? How much can we compress this by opting for Tatkal?
BackInTheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 23:40   #1744
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,227
Thanked: 7,776 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Hello folks,

I'm planning a wholesale passport reissue exercise for my wife, son and my passports. My passport is out of pages + need to change the address from Chennai to Bangalore. My son's passport, issued in Chennai, will expire shortly. Given all the churn, I thought that we might as well get my wife's passport also transferred to Bangalore while we're at it.

We have the required address proof in Bangalore (voter ID etc). We need our passports back in a hurry so that we can finalize our summer vacation plans/visas etc.

Given the address change, I expect that a police verification is necessary. How long will the process normally take in Bangalore? How much can we compress this by opting for Tatkal?
The main challenge would be getting the appointment slot. Once you d get that the process here in Bangalore is pretty fast. For my wife's renewal on October, the call for police verification came on day 2 after the appointment, was done on day 3 and we got the passport on day 7. This in spite of diwali coming in between and not even tatkal.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 11:58   #1745
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 267
Thanked: 197 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Petrolrider: I think you will need to declare the passports, but it should not be a problem if your wife's passport is still in maiden name. This is quite routine. You may be required to produce one address proof in addition to your passport.

I don't know that you need Tatkal. My wife and daughter went for passport interview in regular application (in Lower Parel, Mumbai) last Thursday (8 Jan). Last night (12 Jan), she got an email from the passport office saying that their applications have been processed and the passports have gone for lamination and posting. That is literally 2 working days processing time. And this seems to be the experience of others in the forum also. If regular applications are moving so fast, why go for Tatkal.

Police verification is not required for infant passport.
Thank you very much.

Only reason to go for TATKAL is getting appointment takes more than a month for normal application here. Moreover if there is a shortage in blue booklet, normal applications are most affected.

There might be chance of my traveling and I need my documents to be ready.

My wife's passport is in her maiden name.
And yes, I am taking my postpaid mobile bill as additional address proof (that was accepted for my passport renewal also).

The process says photographs for children below 4 years (mine is 9 month old). Can you suggest what kind of photograph they require? I don't know how the studio guy will click a nine month old's PP photo in white background.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 12:03   #1746
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 267
Thanked: 197 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Given the address change, I expect that a police verification is necessary. How long will the process normally take in Bangalore? How much can we compress this by opting for Tatkal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The main challenge would be getting the appointment slot. Once you d get that the process here in Bangalore is pretty fast. For my wife's renewal on October, the call for police verification came on day 2 after the appointment, was done on day 3 and we got the passport on day 7. This in spite of diwali coming in between and not even tatkal.
I think it depends on police stations. I applied my renewal for passport in last August in Tatkal mode. I need to change my address from Bhubaneswar to Bangalore as well. Post police verification was done. Took almost a month to complete. Passport was delivered in less than a week though.
One good think, the police guy did not ask for any bribery and even declined to tea / coffee offered by us when he visited our house.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 12:34   #1747
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Only reason to go for TATKAL is getting appointment takes more than a month for normal application here. Moreover if there is a shortage in blue booklet, normal applications are most affected.

There might be chance of my traveling and I need my documents to be ready.

My wife's passport is in her maiden name.
And yes, I am taking my postpaid mobile bill as additional address proof (that was accepted for my passport renewal also).

The process says photographs for children below 4 years (mine is 9 month old). Can you suggest what kind of photograph they require? I don't know how the studio guy will click a nine month old's PP photo in white background.
Re. appointment date, you should check on what you are able to get at your location. For my wife & daughter, we applied on 5 Jan, got appointment on 8 Jan, passport issued on 12 Jan and received today (14 Jan)!. Both passports were renewals with an address change (same city though). No police verification done, I guess this is discretionary especially if the the address proof is not exactly what they need. This is Lower Parel, Mumbai; Bangalore may be a different story, I do not know.

I don't think postpaid mobile bill is one of the specified address proof docs. If you give address proof as per their requirement, you have better chance of avoiding police verification part. Since you have already got your passport in this address, I think you have a better chance.

Studio guys will be able to help you, we have done this for both our daughter in the past when they were 3-6 months old.

All the best.
reverse_gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 20:49   #1748
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,950
Thanked: 2,188 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Guys, I want to know that if we have registered on passport India website( but with wrong place of birth by mistake) and made payment and also got appointment date; Now since the details can not be edited, can we re-register on the passport India website using different email id and re-apply with correct place of birth details?

I will cancel my first appointment anyways and I know fees will not be returned.

So I was wondering if I re-register and re-apply Will that cause any issues?
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 21:58   #1749
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,227
Thanked: 7,776 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys, I want to know that if we have registered on passport India website( but with wrong place of birth by mistake) and made payment and also got appointment date; Now since the details can not be edited, can we re-register on the passport India website using different email id and re-apply with correct place of birth details?

I will cancel my first appointment anyways and I know fees will not be returned.

So I was wondering if I re-register and re-apply Will that cause any issues?
I don't think you need to do that. When you go for the appointment, once you get to the 2nd step (where they take photo etc..), they ask you to verify if all details are correct. If not, they will edit it for you. I recall doing this for my place of birth when I renewed in 2012. I assume this process would not have changed.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 14:24   #1750
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 200
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Well We (wife, daughter, FIL and me) visited the Pune Passport Seva Kendra today for the renewal of my wife's passport. The tasks included change in name after marriage and change in address in addition to renewal due to expired passport.

Now we had attached all documents as given in the document helper on the website viz copies of my passport mentioning wife's name as spouse, electricity bill in her name for address proof plus marriage certificate and gazette copy for name change.

Inspite of all these documents, the lady at the counter insisted on getting an affidavit for change in name and also to publish a notice in two local newspapers and get all these documents (newspaper clipping plus the affidavit) and she gave an appointment for the 12th of next month. She processed everything else viz biometric scans and address change details.

So we now have to again visit the office next month. My grouse is that inspite of following instructions to the T as mentioned on the web site, we had to return empty handed. Anyway - I thought that I better mention this here for the benefit of all because all ladies with name change requests were being asked to provide an affidavit and 2 local newspaper clippings mentioning the name change notice. This was for all with change in first name and last name - I think if there is only change in last name then the affidavit is not required, not sure though.

Last edited by luvDriving : 15th January 2015 at 14:28. Reason: added more information
luvDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 15:36   #1751
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,811
Thanked: 1,794 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

This is standard practice actually. Did you follow the wizard or not?

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureD.pdf

1. This affidavit may be sworn before a Judicial Magistrate or Executive
Magistrate/Notary Public.
2. The joint photograph of the couple is to be pasted on the bottom left hand
side of the affidavit paper and attested by the Judicial Magistrate or Executive
Magistrate/Notary Public with his/her signature and rubber stamps (half on the
photograph and half on the affidavit).
3. Declaration 2 above to be ignored by applicants who seek endorsement of
name of spouse in respect of reissue of a previously issued passport.
4. If a joint photograph cannot be affixed, then affidavit should indicate the
reason why it cannot be affixed.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 17:11   #1752
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 200
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This is standard practice actually. Did you follow the wizard or not?
Yes, I did follow the wizard and this is what it told me

I had the 4,19 and 8 ready and I read the OR as either of the three documents will do - only thing is I suppose the lady at the counter was more in favour of the note at the bottom

Anyway another trip is mandatory now - thanks for the PDF sample.
Attached Thumbnails
Passport Renewal Procedure-passport.png  


Last edited by luvDriving : 15th January 2015 at 17:13. Reason: Removed quoted text
luvDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 18:07   #1753
Senior - BHPian
 
NetfreakBombay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,374
Thanked: 315 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
I think if there is only change in last name then the affidavit is not required, not sure though.
That is correct. For change in last name, only marriage certificate and spouse's passport is required. This is what we did last month for renewal of my wife's passport.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 21:59   #1754
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I had a bit of a run-around today at the ORR PSK in Bangalore. Apparently due to the Sankranti holiday, there were teeming crowds all of whom had appointments - someone had forgotten to turn off the appointments calendar and the rush was extraordinary.

After waiting in the milling token line for more than an hour, I was told that I needed to get Annexures F and I for my application to be considered in the Tatkal scheme. Annexure F needs to be signed by a Group I officer (IAS/IPS etc). My last passport was issued in Singapore and apparently they could not find some necessary details, hence necessitating the annexures.

In addition, I was told that my wife needed not one, but two proofs of address. After reasoning with the APO with a landline telephone bill in my name (telephone bill and gas bills can be used for the "family" and not just the billed party), my wife's application was finally accepted. We then ran through my son's passport and finally left after spending 4 quality hours at the venue.

On balance, the staff was courteous and helpful. The systems were clearly in place.

On the negative, crowd management was non-existent; requirements were sprung at the last minute and the place is not too kid-friendly.

Recommendations:
- Avoid holidays, particularly if you're going with children
- Carry additional documentation for ID/address proof etc over and above what the website says e.g. if the site says 1, carry 2.
- Ask for help and politely reason with the APO if there are minor hurdles. From my observation, people appeared happy to accommodate reasonable clarifications/arguments
BackInTheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 11:08   #1755
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BBSR/Pune
Posts: 267
Thanked: 197 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Yesterday (15th January) was horrible in ORR PSK. Me too was there for my son' passport.
It seems 90% of tatkal applications were rejected. Only for minors and senior citizens they are accepting tatkal. My son has appointment at 3-30 PM, but finally I got my token number at 5 PM. Passport formalities completed in 30 minutes.
Apparently one person in queue did have Annexure F, but application was rejected stating he needed the photo copy of the signatory person's I card. When I applied for my passport renewal last August, I need not have to produce the Annexure F. Seems to be a mean to reduce tatkal traffic.
My infant's passport was done. Document needed:
1. My passport (Parent passport with spouse name entered and address proof)
2. My wife's passport (both parent's passport is required, though website say only one could be ok.)
3. Annexure H
4. Birth certificate
5. Color passport size photograph of my infant son with white background and dark color shirt.
For kids below 5 years no finger print is required, but thumb impression is required.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatkaal application for passport nirmalts Shifting gears 205 22nd January 2014 14:04
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks