Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2015, 15:05   #1756
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,144
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Should both parents visit the passport office for kid's passport? My wife can take care of the other child at home if only I need to go along with my son who is applying for passport.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 15:08   #1757
Senior - BHPian
 
sourabhzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GURGAON
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Should both parents visit the passport office for kid's passport? My wife can take care of the other child at home if only I need to go along with my son who is applying for passport.
Both parents need not visit the passport office. However, you should take the signatures at relevant papers to avoid re-visit.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 15:34   #1758
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 3,370 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Should both parents visit the passport office for kid's passport? My wife can take care of the other child at home if only I need to go along with my son who is applying for passport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Both parents need not visit the passport office. However, you should take the signatures at relevant papers to avoid re-visit.
+1 sourabhzen.

@PatienceWins:Please ensure that spouse name should be endorsed in either of your Passports.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:01   #1759
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,144
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
+1 sourabhzen.

@PatienceWins:Please ensure that spouse name should be endorsed in either of your Passports.

Waseem.....
Spouse name is endorsed in both the passports. Thanks
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 22:33   #1760
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 201
Thanked: 254 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Spouse name is endorsed in both the passports. Thanks
Also Annexure H should have both parents' signatures.
BackInTheFold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 10:33   #1761
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,002
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

My wife had a passport appointment on Jan 15 at PSK Marathahalli. She received the passport yesterday (with address change, addition of spouse name). The only issue we faced was the rush at the PSK. Her appointment was at 3:30 PM but she could get in only at 5:00 PM and came out at 6:00 PM. Things were smooth once she went inside. Maybe a large number of walk in appointments on 15th (being a Holiday) was the reason for the delay?
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:06   #1762
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 1,657 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Experienced folks, need some help here.

I had an appointment at Sai Arcade PSK, Bangalore, yesterday. I had to renew my passport which is due to expire in May 2015.
After clearing through Counters A and B, my passport renewal application was put on hold at Counter C.

The reason provided was not enough address proof.
I had provided:
- Last 3 months Airtel Landline Bill (Oct, Nov, Dec 2014)
- Last 3 months HDFC Bank Salary Account Statement - Rejected outright because it is not a PS bank.

I could not give Electirc Bill as it is in my Landlord's name.
The gas connection is in wife's name.
Rental agreement was not accepted.

The gentleman at Counter C, asked me for Jan 2014 Landline bill.
The reason provided was that it will show that I am residing at my current address for a duration of 1 year (Jan 2014 - Jan 2015). Understandable. I never imagined that. So wasn't prepared for this (Jan 2014 bill).

Since I could not provide Jan 2014 bill, the gentleman at the counter, asked me if he could give me an appointment on Feb 6th. I asked for earlier dates, but he refused. So I agreed for Feb 6th, 2PM appointment.
I would carry the address proofs then.
I had a few questions in mind and asked the gentleman, but he refused to answer and said the security at the Exit gate would explain me, which the guys couldn't, obviously because they probably don't know the entire process and various scenarios.

I checked online for the questions I had in mind and nothing came up. This is what it is showing when I login.

Name:  PP.JPG
Views: 459
Size:  20.2 KB

Quote:
So now my below questions comes to you. Anyone of any assistance would be helpful.

- What is the process on that day ?
- Do I have to submit the document at the submission counter on that day ?
- Will they issue me a new token ?
- Do I have to go through Counters A, B and C ?
Asking these questions because the experience yesterday at the PSK was disgusting.
There was utter chaos at the document submission and token issuance area. There was no queue for document submission and token issuance.
It was total chaos. People were elbowing each other and pushing through and putting up the Appointment receipt on the face of the document collector.
The worst thing about all these was constant abuse and arguments between the applicants. Add to that, No AC. Crying kids, senior citizens, no respect for anyone.
There was no respect for time either. My appointment was at 3:30 PM. I got the token at 4:45 PM. I completed my A,B,C thing at 6:10 PM. The security guard manning the main entrance was merrily chating away with a female colleague outside.
Soumyajit9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:21   #1763
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Experienced folks, need some help here.

I had an appointment at Sai Arcade PSK, Bangalore, yesterday. I had to renew my passport which is due to expire in May 2015.
After clearing through Counters A and B, my passport renewal application was put on hold at Counter C.

The reason provided was not enough address proof.
I had provided:
- Last 3 months Airtel Landline Bill (Oct, Nov, Dec 2014)
- Last 3 months HDFC Bank Salary Account Statement - Rejected outright because it is not a PS bank.

I could not give Electirc Bill as it is in my Landlord's name.
The gas connection is in wife's name.
Rental agreement was not accepted.

The gentleman at Counter C, asked me for Jan 2014 Landline bill.
The reason provided was that it will show that I am residing at my current address for a duration of 1 year (Jan 2014 - Jan 2015). Understandable. I never imagined that. So wasn't prepared for this (Jan 2014 bill).

Since I could not provide Jan 2014 bill, the gentleman at the counter, asked me if he could give me an appointment on Feb 6th. I asked for earlier dates, but he refused. So I agreed for Feb 6th, 2PM appointment.
I would carry the address proofs then.
I had a few questions in mind and asked the gentleman, but he refused to answer and said the security at the Exit gate would explain me, which the guys couldn't, obviously because they probably don't know the entire process and various scenarios.

I checked online for the questions I had in mind and nothing came up. This is what it is showing when I login.

Attachment 1331345



Asking these questions because the experience yesterday at the PSK was disgusting.
There was utter chaos at the document submission and token issuance area. There was no queue for document submission and token issuance.
It was total chaos. People were elbowing each other and pushing through and putting up the Appointment receipt on the face of the document collector.
The worst thing about all these was constant abuse and arguments between the applicants. Add to that, No AC. Crying kids, senior citizens, no respect for anyone.
There was no respect for time either. My appointment was at 3:30 PM. I got the token at 4:45 PM. I completed my A,B,C thing at 6:10 PM. The security guard manning the main entrance was merrily chating away with a female colleague outside.
My wife had exactly the same problem when she went for application in December (that she had not taken 1 year old phone bill). Unfortunately, this is entirely our fault as the document list provided by PSK on the website clearly specifies this requirement. She subsequently got an appointment in early Jan and has received her passport.

Process is exactly the same on the next day also. You will probably have to stand in all the queues again. We had to take an appointment online. In your case, the person at the counter seems to have given you an appointment at the counter. As the staff will look at the appointment sheet before letting you in, I am assuming that you have received the confirmed appointment on paper and not just verbally. They will ask you for that when you go back. You should expect that a new token will be given. You haven't mentioned whether they already have taken the biometrics, photograph, etc and also about other identity documents. If that is already done, you will probably just be required to submit the documents for address proof and be done. If not, you will likely have to go through the entire process again.

I am surprised that the person at the entry did not tell you about the address proof requirement, it's usually something they check and inform, so that you do not have to stand around waiting for your turn at each counter.
reverse_gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:26   #1764
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,002
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Experienced folks, need some help here.

I had an appointment at Sai Arcade PSK, Bangalore, yesterday. I had to renew my passport which is due to expire in May 2015.
After clearing through Counters A and B, my passport renewal application was put on hold at Counter C.

The reason provided was not enough address proof.
I had provided:
- Last 3 months Airtel Landline Bill (Oct, Nov, Dec 2014)
- Last 3 months HDFC Bank Salary Account Statement - Rejected outright because it is not a PS bank.

I could not give Electirc Bill as it is in my Landlord's name.
The gas connection is in wife's name.
Rental agreement was not accepted.

The gentleman at Counter C, asked me for Jan 2014 Landline bill.
The reason provided was that it will show that I am residing at my current address for a duration of 1 year (Jan 2014 - Jan 2015). Understandable. I never imagined that. So wasn't prepared for this (Jan 2014 bill).

Since I could not provide Jan 2014 bill, the gentleman at the counter, asked me if he could give me an appointment on Feb 6th. I asked for earlier dates, but he refused. So I agreed for Feb 6th, 2PM appointment.
I would carry the address proofs then.
I had a few questions in mind and asked the gentleman, but he refused to answer and said the security at the Exit gate would explain me, which the guys couldn't, obviously because they probably don't know the entire process and various scenarios.

I checked online for the questions I had in mind and nothing came up. This is what it is showing when I login.

Attachment 1331345



Asking these questions because the experience yesterday at the PSK was disgusting.
There was utter chaos at the document submission and token issuance area. There was no queue for document submission and token issuance.
It was total chaos. People were elbowing each other and pushing through and putting up the Appointment receipt on the face of the document collector.
The worst thing about all these was constant abuse and arguments between the applicants. Add to that, No AC. Crying kids, senior citizens, no respect for anyone.
There was no respect for time either. My appointment was at 3:30 PM. I got the token at 4:45 PM. I completed my A,B,C thing at 6:10 PM. The security guard manning the main entrance was merrily chating away with a female colleague outside.
My wife had to go through the same ordeal on Jan 15th. Her appointment was at 3:30 PM but could get the token only after 5:00 PM. Her address proof was SBI passbook. We had updated it with recent entries (last entry on Jan 8th). Once inside, it was really smooth and we got the passport in 5 days.

I think you need to get a token issued.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:44   #1765
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 1,657 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Process is exactly the same on the next day also. You will probably have to stand in all the queues again. We had to take an appointment online. In your case, the person at the counter seems to have given you an appointment at the counter. As the staff will look at the appointment sheet before letting you in, I am assuming that you have received the confirmed appointment on paper and not just verbally. They will ask you for that when you go back. You should expect that a new token will be given. You haven't mentioned whether they already have taken the biometrics, photograph, etc and also about other identity documents. If that is already done, you will probably just be required to submit the documents for address proof and be done. If not, you will likely have to go through the entire process again.
I am surprised that the person at the entry did not tell you about the address proof requirement, it's usually something they check and inform, so that you do not have to stand around waiting for your turn at each counter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
My wife had to go through the same ordeal on Jan 15th. Her appointment was at 3:30 PM but could get the token only after 5:00 PM. Her address proof was SBI passbook. We had updated it with recent entries (last entry on Jan 8th). Once inside, it was really smooth and we got the passport in 5 days.
I think you need to get a token issued.
Thanks folks for the update ! Much appreciated.

- The gentleman at the last counter (C) directly booked the next appointment, then and there. He asked me to collect the appointment receipt from the security at the exit, which I have collected.
- The biometrics and photograph were done at Counter A. Counter B was just general overlooking the documents. No one blinked an eye at these two stages. After a longer wait, when finally my token number came for Counter C (last stage) came, the gentleman was all alert and carefully scanned. That is where he raised the point. In a way it is good, and I don't have to book an appointment on my own or get any further document request next time.

I just hope that during the next appointment date, I will only have to directly go to the Counter C (last stage) and submit the document. If they ask me to come in queue and all the crap, I am gonna seriously call the Police and Media there and taken on with MEA.
It is just not done to torture citizens like what I saw yesterday. My blood was literally boiling.
I am so ashamed that I had to elbow someone to get my file pushed earlier. Why couldn't this be done in a queue ? I stood in the queue for about 40mins, when I realised that it was all chaos at the front, and the ones standing behind were fools. I complained to the security, but he didn't bother to respond, because I didn't speak in his native language.

Not to mention though, that once you are inside, it is relatively decent. There are couple of TVs' diplaying the token number. There is a small snacks counter selling items at flight prices.

But in general we Indians are rowdy bunches.
Even though there is a TV with token id display, people still want to push past the guys manning the door, to look what is inside. Buggers can't sit quietly for their turn. They think it is just another Govt. office where pushing works.
Soumyajit9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:54   #1766
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 257
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I am so ashamed that I had to elbow someone to get my file pushed earlier. Why couldn't this be done in a queue ? I stood in the queue for about 40mins, when I realised that it was all chaos at the front, and the ones standing behind were fools. I complained to the security, but he didn't bother to respond, because I didn't speak in his native language.

Not to mention though, that once you are inside, it is relatively decent. There are couple of TVs' diplaying the token number. There is a small snacks counter selling items at flight prices.

But in general we Indians are rowdy bunches.
Even though there is a TV with token id display, people still want to push past the guys manning the door, to look what is inside. Buggers can't sit quietly for their turn. They think it is just another Govt. office where pushing works.
You are absolutely right about the way the whole thing is managed and the general demeanour of people. Unfortunately, there is no enforcement of discipline from the people managing the show either. It is pretty bad, especially considering that small kids, unaccompanied women, and elderly have all got to go through the same chaos.
reverse_gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:56   #1767
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,664
Thanked: 3,208 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

^^ You will just have to go directly to the counter where you were stopped earlier, in this case C.
Same case happened with my wife when she went for passport renewal. They asked for my address proof too since we were updating my passport details in 'spouse' field. The next day she goes with our joint account details as proof, there was another guy at the same counter then. He said it is not required and gave the passport without the same.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:19   #1768
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 1,657 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ You will just have to go directly to the counter where you were stopped earlier, in this case C.
Same case happened with my wife when she went for passport renewal. They asked for my address proof too since we were updating my passport details in 'spouse' field. The next day she goes with our joint account details as proof, there was another guy at the same counter then. He said it is not required and gave the passport without the same.
Thanks a lot ! That is some relief to hear.
I saw the general process. They will put a cancellation stamp on the existing passport and return to you. They keep the file with them.
Hope they do the same with me.
Soumyajit9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:28   #1769
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,664
Thanked: 3,208 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Thanks a lot ! That is some relief to hear.
Yes. Exactly. It is a long process and may be to an extent very much required. However the issue is compounded with the address proof issue which many of us have to deal with.

Well, in my wife's case one thing what I forgot to mention was the location. She was renewing her passport with the same address (Chennai) since we did not have any local adress proof.

So when they asked her to submit my address proof, I had to drive down on a Friday (no tickets on short notice) get the bank documents updated on Saturday and she submitted the same on Monday. Only to be informed that all those was not required

But then, part of that was since we did not have proper address proof. As such passport process has improved a lot compared to what it was almost a decade earlier. May be still a long way to go, still.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 09:38   #1770
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 12
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I just hope that during the next appointment date, I will only have to directly go to the Counter C (last stage) and submit the document. If they ask me to come in queue and all the crap, I am gonna seriously call the Police and Media there and taken on with MEA.
I doubt whether you will be able to go directly to Counter C. The reason for that is whatever new document proof you are going to submit, you will have to get it scanned and uploaded with your online application: which is done at counter A. Then, you might have to go again to counter B to get your newly attached document verified with originals.

I visited the same PSK yesterday, and while at counter B, the govt official asked me to produce originals of the postpaid mobile phone bill: which I obviously did not had, because being a good citizen, I tried to save trees/papers and opted for eBill only so, my address proof was rejected though I had carried last 12 months of bills. Fortunately, I was also carrying the gas receipt bills with me, and the person at counter B redirected me again to go to counter A, get the new proof scanned and uploaded in the system and come back again to him. I was back to him in 20 mins time and I was moved to counter C, where the application was accepted successfully without any questions being asked.

Please make sure that you are carrying the original postpaid mobile bills as well, and if you do not have them, please get the photocopied bills stamped from your service provider. For me it was Airtel.

Also, if someone is carrying the rental agreement as address proof, make sure that it is duly signed by a notary/magistrate, otherwise that might also get rejected. My colleague faced the same issue at Sai Arcade PSK in B'lore.

Good Luck!!
gurminder_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatkaal application for passport nirmalts Shifting gears 205 22nd January 2014 14:04
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks