Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th October 2017, 10:11   #2326
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Can a joint account passbook work as an address proof?
It should, I guess. This is what the instruction booklet says in the docs admissible as proof of address section:

Photo passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)

I would suggest submitting a query using the link given below. I had done it for some questions that I had about my minor daughter's PP application, and had received a call back from the PP office within half a day.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...feedbackAction

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th October 2017 at 10:13.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 10:16   #2327
BHPian

I took appointment for 10.30 slot on 3rd October for renewal. My present address and permanent address we're different. My only document for present address gas bill. Gave Aadhar as identity proof which has my permanent address. Got the police verification call same day on 3rd itself. Passport delivered to my address on 6th October. I am surprised its fast. However had some disappointing experience at the lalbagh Psk. Didn't understand on what basis token numbers are called in B and C counters. It was 2.30PM when I came to exit gate.
_chikku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2017, 14:26   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
A year back, I got my renewed passport even before the passport verification was done. I got my passport within 3-4 days of applying.

Now for a friend, it's been 2.5 weeks after applying & 1 week after police verification is done but the status still shows police verification pending and he hasn't got his renewed passport. Same city as me (Bombay), same PSK (Andheri) and same police station.

What's changed? Why did they start waiting for police verification before mailing your passport? Also how many days does it take for the police to inform the PSK that verification is done?
Friend finally got the renewed passport after a month. Passport Office took 2 weeks & Police Verification took 2 weeks.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 07:21   #2329
BHPian

Ok so submitted my application for renewal yesterday as my Passport was expiring in less than a year. Since this was a reissue with no change in detail, the only document asked was my current passport. The whole process took 2 hours cause they were unable to assign tokens for the first hour because of server issues. Once that was sorted it was one counter after the other. I also asked if my application can be upgraded to tatkal by just paying the fee. But was advised not to as then I would have to schedule another appointment. Have been told that the I should get my renewed passport in the next 10 days.
v_2rahjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:07   #2330
BHPian

Need to travel to the US next week for 5 days. My passport and B1/B2 both expire in 5 months.

From what I read, India is exempt from the 6 month rule and hence I should have no problems. Can anyone who travelled recently in a similar situation confirm?
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:41   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Can anyone who travelled recently in a similar situation confirm?
This is true. I traveled in similar circumstances. But the immigration officer did have to lug out a fat manual to refer to and only then permit me entry.
diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote