Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:02   #241
BHPian
 
A350XWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BLR/FRA/STR
Posts: 786
Thanked: 513 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Thanks a lot!

I did the renewal yesterday, and as you rightly said, they didn't bother about my last name initial not expanded in my documents.

The officer also edited my address, to reflect more or less the full one, without truncating anything.
That's great buddy. Happy to help.
A350XWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:07   #242
999
BHPian
 
999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 227
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
On the website, a list of personnel is given, from whom the verification certificate can be signed. Are you sure the passport office will accept the verification certificate signed by notary?
If you look at this link Tatkaal Scheme, there are 2 options for Tatkaal scheme. I went for plan B with a letter from the notary. It worked for me. I renewed my passport last month in this way.
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 09:35   #243
BHPian
 
saurabhkanchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
If you look at this link Tatkaal Scheme, there are 2 options for Tatkaal scheme. I went for plan B with a letter from the notary. It worked for me. I renewed my passport last month in this way.
thanks a lots, I had misread the Plan B, thanks for bringing it to my notice
saurabhkanchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 11:48   #244
999
BHPian
 
999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 227
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
thanks a lots, I had misread the Plan B, thanks for bringing it to my notice
No worries mate, always happy help a Bhpian.
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 17:15   #245
BHPian
 
neo45007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Guys,

I have booked an appointment at Bangalore PSK under 'Normal mode' for 26th May.

But, I may have to leave for France next month and need to apply for business visa.

So -
1) Can / how do I change my current application or appointment to Tatkal mode?
2) 'Call center person' told me to cancel the current appointment & schedule new for tatkal (I dont want to cancel the existing one)
3) On 26th May (My current appointment), can I request them to consider it for tatkal (if I take all required documents as well)?
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 17:27   #246
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I have applied the passport for my son who is 11 months old
I have taken the date and it is 19th May 2011
I have filled all the information in the online applicaiton
Folks i have a question

Do I still need to fill the normal applicaiton form or now it is not needed as I filled online
Please help

Documents which i am carrying are
1. Photo of the minor
2. Address proof of mine
3. DOB certificate
4. Parents passport with spouse name endorsed
5. Annexure H
Am i missing any documents
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 09:28   #247
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 681
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Am i missing any documents
Believe you covered it all. Photos as per the prescribed dimensions and color, Address proof of yours latest as well as the same for the last year, Birth certificate of minor. If both parents have passports, copies of the same [ not sure why they want of both parents ], Annexure H.

Confirm if all the photocopies needs to be ratified by both the parents. One of my friend did it that way.

Be prepared to spend atleast 1-2 hours at PSK, depending on the load. Sometimes, even if we take photographs, they do take the snaps of minors in PSK.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 11:23   #248
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 143
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Hi Need guidance on the following.

A friend of mine has recently moved to mumbai from delhi. He now needs to renew his wifes passport(issued in delhi) from the mumbai passport offfice. currently they stand in a rented acco and the wife does not have any address/identity proof for mumbai. He has a joint bank a/c for some time and has recently opened a single a/c in her name also. What would be the best way to initiate the process of passport renewal.
amidoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 16:51   #249
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,995
Thanked: 3,424 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I am in a similar dilemma as that of the previous posts.

In order to apply for a passport for my 2 year old kid, i need to get both my wife's as well as my addresses in sync. From the list of documents mentioned on the site, i am looking at information on two among them :

1.) Letter from company on their letter head. Site mentions this can be done only by public limited companies. Mine is pvt limited. However, call center says even pvt limited can use this as address proof.
2.) Telephone bill : I have a landline connection at this address since last August, but it's an Airtel connection. Site doesnt mention this needs to be BSNL, but call center says it should be BSNL or MTNL connection. Any idea?

Can anyone who has gone through this ordeal please help?
Thanks in advance for your help.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 20:28   #250
BHPian
 
vaibzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Guys, need some help here..

My passport has a typo error in my father's middle name. Actually, the letters a and o has been interchanged i.e in place of the letter a, the letter o has been printed and in-place of o, the letter a has been printed. I wanted to ask you guys is it really necessary for me to get this rectified? I don't want to face any problems in the future.

Any help is much appreciated!
Regards

Last edited by vaibzi : 18th May 2011 at 20:30.
vaibzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 21:50   #251
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 686
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I have applied the passport for my son who is 11 months old
I have taken the date and it is 19th May 2011
I have filled all the information in the online applicaiton
Folks i have a question

Do I still need to fill the normal applicaiton form or now it is not needed as I filled online
Please help

Documents which i am carrying are
1. Photo of the minor
2. Address proof of mine
3. DOB certificate
4. Parents passport with spouse name endorsed
5. Annexure H
Am i missing any documents
I prefer you to carry 2 different proof for address, and if there is any change in address remember to carry the proof for one year stay.

The PSK guys unnecessery trouble you by asking both parents PP copy. Actually either of the parent is sufficient.


Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In order to apply for a passport for my 2 year old kid, i need to get both my wife's as well as my addresses in sync. From the list of documents mentioned on the site, i am looking at information on two among them :

1.) Letter from company on their letter head. Site mentions this can be done only by public limited companies. Mine is pvt limited. However, call center says even pvt limited can use this as address proof.
2.) Telephone bill : I have a landline connection at this address since last August, but it's an Airtel connection. Site doesnt mention this needs to be BSNL, but call center says it should be BSNL or MTNL connection. Any idea?

Can anyone who has gone through this ordeal please help?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben..
1. The site says that letter from reputed private company are enough.
2. From my experience at PSK, outer ring road, last day, they are accepting land line bills, but it should be in their letter head. Email printouts are not accepted as original. You can also get the bank statement, but remember to get the bank seal on the statement.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 22:42   #252
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,995
Thanked: 3,424 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Ben..
1. The site says that letter from reputed private company are enough.
2. From my experience at PSK, outer ring road, last day, they are accepting land line bills, but it should be in their letter head. Email printouts are not accepted as original. You can also get the bank statement, but remember to get the bank seal on the statement.
Rajesh, please could you provide me the link on the site where it is mentioned address proof from a private company is accepted? Based on my search, this is the link i could find, and here is mentions that only public limited companies can issue such an address proof!

Attachment Advisor

Regarding the landline bill, i suppose we can demand for a bill from the telephone company for a particular month? However, in the case of an emailed bill from Airtel for my landline, it also comes with the company's letter head. Shouldn't that be fine?

As we were staying on rent at our earlier apartment, the bank statement was always posted to my company address. So there is no way i can use that as proof for a year. :(

Thanks in advance for your replies, and am really grateful.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 06:23   #253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 686
Thanked: 238 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Rajesh, please could you provide me the link on the site where it is mentioned address proof from a private company is accepted? Based on my search, this is the link i could find, and here is mentions that only public limited companies can issue such an address proof!

Attachment Advisor
Ben, hope these links will give you the information -> RPO : Address Change
Check list

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Regarding the landline bill, i suppose we can demand for a bill from the telephone company for a particular month? However, in the case of an emailed bill from Airtel for my landline, it also comes with the company's letter head. Shouldn't that be fine?

As we were staying on rent at our earlier apartment, the bank statement was always posted to my company address. So there is no way i can use that as proof for a year. :(

Thanks in advance for your replies, and am really grateful.
The site says that, Landline or Postpaid Mobile bill be enough. However at the PSK counter, if you carry only the email bill printout, they will treat it as a photocopy only. For them original is the hardcopy sent from the Service Provider. I hope we can get this from any Service Providers.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 06:29   #254
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,314 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

neo
i will probably meet you as my wifes and my appointment is also on 26th may. at the outer ring road PSK at 0930.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Guys,

I have booked an appointment at Bangalore PSK under 'Normal mode' for 26th May.

But, I may have to leave for France next month and need to apply for business visa.

So -
1) Can / how do I change my current application or appointment to Tatkal mode?
2) 'Call center person' told me to cancel the current appointment & schedule new for tatkal (I dont want to cancel the existing one)
3) On 26th May (My current appointment), can I request them to consider it for tatkal (if I take all required documents as well)?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 07:36   #255
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 959
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Guys,
So -
1) Can / how do I change my current application or appointment to Tatkal mode?
2) 'Call center person' told me to cancel the current appointment & schedule new for tatkal (I dont want to cancel the existing one)
3) On 26th May (My current appointment), can I request them to consider it for tatkal (if I take all required documents as well)?
Saw nobody answered your questions and i went thru the similiar orderal few days ago.
First, do not cancel your appointment, upload one more application as tatkal and take appointment. Once you get that, cancel the current appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In order to apply for a passport for my 2 year old kid, i need to get both my wife's as well as my addresses in sync.
When i got my kids passport done, all they asked for one of the parents passport with current address. My wife passport had a different address that time. But her name was endorsed in my passport(this is important).

Last edited by rk_sans : 19th May 2011 at 07:43.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatkaal application for passport nirmalts Shifting gears 205 22nd January 2014 14:04
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks