Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 19:44   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Although all the information has already been given in this thread, there is a new passport facilitation center which has opened up on lalbagh road. If you remember that there was a huge contract which TCS won sometime back to streamline the passport process. Bangalore is one of the pilot centers for this project, and it was inaugurated couple of weeks ago. What I remember reading about it was that services like renewal etc should be done in a day or so, and passport would take 3-4 days (non - tatkal).
It might be worthwhile checking it out.
The only info I could find out was this
htm - Google Search
But I have seen the Seva kendra from outside, and it looks very professional. its just before Urvashi theater ( on the opposite side though), and is in a new building.
v-drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 20:32   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

@Aburagohain, thanks for the detailed description. This surely will help me a lot as my passport is due for renewal.
BTW, my current passport is not from Bangalore and it's from my native state. So in such case how much time will it take for the renewal? Do I need to get some approval/verification done from there or the application here itself with my previous passport is enough? Even my driving license is from my native state, so will they take this as a identity proof or I need to submit something else? I don't need it in a hurry as of now, so can I directly go to Bangalore one and submit the docs there? Would really appreciate any help in this regard.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:00   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Kaushik, there is no problem in getting your passport renewed in Blore. If you have been staying in Blore for over a year, there is no additional verification needed. All you have to get is a bank statement with the current address. If your bank statement arrives at your office, change it and take a statement for one year. Else you can submit your gas connection letter and latest receipt as proof. A company HR letter stating the residence address is also needed as additional document.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:08   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,715
Thanked: 7,852 Times
Default

My passport too is expiring in July'10.

What are the documents required and what is the earliest and latest date to get the renewed passport back after submission?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:25   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Kaushik, there is no problem in getting your passport renewed in Blore. If you have been staying in Blore for over a year, there is no additional verification needed. All you have to get is a bank statement with the current address. If your bank statement arrives at your office, change it and take a statement for one year. Else you can submit your gas connection letter and latest receipt as proof. A company HR letter stating the residence address is also needed as additional document.
But my Bank Statements come to my office address and no Gas connection letter too. Let me try getting a year long statement. Or will a Airtel Landline bill do? HR letter is not a problem.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 14:33   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

airtel bill should also be ok. but they might insist on a bank statement. i don't know why !!
actually you can change your address with the bank and get a statement and change it back once you get the passport. these are funny rules if you ask me. visit the nearest Blore one centre (these are listed on the bangalore passport website). surprisingly they talked in English to me. helpful staff.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 21:57   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW, my current passport is not from Bangalore and it's from my native state. So in such case how much time will it take for the renewal? Do I need to get some approval/verification done from there or the application here itself with my previous passport is enough? Even my driving license is from my native state, so will they take this as a identity proof or I need to submit something else?
My passport was also issued in the same native state :-) You are exactly in the same situation as I was in, only difference is that I wanted the passport in a hurry and got it within a week, so there is no problem at all, just some running around is involved.

No verification required at your end from the native passport office, the Bangalore passport office will get the details via fax from there, 2-3 hours is all it takes, there should not be a cricket match on the particular day though

Airtel landline bill is alright, I submitted the same and it was accepted. Only catch is the one year itch. Any of the documents that can prove you are at the current address for at least one year is good enough.

Cheers!


Edit: Kutlee has a very valid point in the above post, wonderful idea Sir! Get your address changed to your home address in the bank and ask them to give you a detailed account statement for the last 18 months or so after a couple of days, preferably by visiting the bank branch so that you can oversee the process, they would charge you Rs. 100 of course. The address printed on the top of the statement would be what they have in their records, that is your home address and voila!

Last edited by aburagohain : 30th March 2010 at 22:02.
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 09:18   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 683
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Sorry, your information is wrong.

I got my passport renewed in Dec'09 from Bangalore One. They took all documents and I got the renewed passport quite soon.

The only strange thing was that the police guy turned up for verification after I got my passport!
Thanks for the updated information. It really helps
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 11:38   #24
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 932
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

what are all the documents that need to be furnished for passport renewal . Is airtel bill accepted as proof or residence. In case of permanant address is sale agreement of the house accepted?
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 12:55   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
what are all the documents that need to be furnished for passport renewal . Is airtel bill accepted as proof or residence. In case of permanant address is sale agreement of the house accepted?
The sale agreement does not necessarily show that you have been staying at that address for more than a year. Perhaps, if u have been using Airtel landline for more than a year, you can, perhaps, take 2 bills, a current one, and one that's more than a year ago.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:13   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
airtel bill should also be ok. but they might insist on a bank statement. i don't know why !!
actually you can change your address with the bank and get a statement and change it back once you get the passport. these are funny rules if you ask me. visit the nearest Blore one centre (these are listed on the bangalore passport website). surprisingly they talked in English to me. helpful staff.
Great idea, will do that. My passport is expiring next month if I'm correct. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
My passport was also issued in the same native state :-) You are exactly in the same situation as I was in,...
Yes sir, same state ;-) that's why I thought you'll be the best person to answer my query.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Airtel landline bill is alright, I submitted the same and it was accepted. Only catch is the one year itch. Any of the documents that can prove you are at the current address for at least one year is good enough.
BTW, do I need to give the original Airtel bill or a Photo-copy is enough? In case I give the airtel bills? I've submitted the original bills for reimbursements of broadband usage at office.



Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
Edit: Kutlee has a very valid point in the above post, wonderful idea Sir! Get your address changed to your home address in the bank and ask them to give you a detailed account statement for the last 18 months or so after a couple of days, preferably by visiting the bank branch so that you can oversee the process, they would charge you Rs. 100 of course. The address printed on the top of the statement would be what they have in their records, that is your home address and voila!
Yeah, Kutlee's idea is a good one and will try that too. I think I can do it easily online itself, only for the statement I need to give them a call.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:20   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,126
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

you will have to show the originals. best is visit airtel office and get a duplicate. they won't charge you anything. it will mentioned that it is a duplicate bill. but that's ok.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:23   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
you will have to show the originals. best is visit airtel office and get a duplicate. they won't charge you anything. it will mentioned that it is a duplicate bill. but that's ok.
Thanks for the info. I would try both the options but as you said bank statement would be the best option it seems.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 15:04   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 13 Times
Default online registration not working

Was trying to get an online registration to Bangalore RPO for the past week or so and always get a message stating 'Sorry for the inconvenience.Please try again later". Has anyone else faced the same issue.Is it advisable to go directly without appointment and join the queue to submit the application ? I have a valid visa and hence Bangalore one does not accept the application :-(

Thanks
KPGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 15:32   #30
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 932
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Just back after enquiring about the documents required for renewal from bangalore one office. So here goes the list

1. 3 passport photographs with white background
2. Attested SSLC marks card (for DOB proof) - 2 copies
3. copies of the first and last 4 pages the previous passport - 2 copies each
4. In case there is address change from the previous passport then
a. 1 year bank statement which has your current residence address or
b. Gas voucher + Gas bill. In case of gas voucher it needs to be attested or
c. Telephone landline bill statement

5. Case your spouse name has to be included the 2 copies of attested marriage certificates.

you will need to carry all originals while submitting the form.

The charge for this is 1000 Rs and bangalore one claims that one will recieve the renewed passport in 35-40 days after the submission of the forms.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatkaal application for passport nirmalts Shifting gears 205 22nd January 2014 14:04
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks