Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 19:43   #481
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,080
Thanked: 1,544 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
Just curious - no one here seems to be raving about the OUTSOURCED Passport Seva Kendras.

The one in Gurgaon (outsourced to TCS/CMC) is brilliant. Tidy place, knowledgeable staff and manageable queues.

SUPER FAST too - gave application for renewal on Thursday - same Sunday policeman came by for verification!

Negatives:
a. They have some random BPO types logic to disallow laptops/iPads and locker/stowaway provisions are obviously not given, of course!!
b. They open at 9, but the granting officers (RPO staff) turn up only at 10. Then there can always be IT problems. So best take afternoon/post lunch slots - less queues.
Lucky guy! I gave my passport for renewal on the 3 rd day after they had opened the Gurgaon PSK, Sep 14 th to be precise, and today is 1 st Dec and still haven't got my passport in hand. Even my PVR was completed within a week but still no sign of the passport yet. The status now shows PVR completed on 11/11/11 and now passport application approved on 25/11. Still waiting for my passport.
Really miss the days when Dad was in MEA and we used to get our Diplomatic passports made in 3 hours!
Alas, now we are a commoner, as Dad retired long time back.

Ps: unfortunately the MEA staff is opposing the privatization of this activity to TCS and often trying to undermine the PSK operations, they were also recently on strike against this.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 1st December 2011 at 19:47.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:00   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Ps: unfortunately the MEA staff is opposing the privatization of this activity to TCS and often trying to undermine the PSK operations, they were also recently on strike against this.
yes, there was an article highlighting this issue between the TCS & Passport office people. Anyway, things will be slow but keep going.

I remember the days when similar facility management was introduced in customs, and now I am sure both agents and commissioners are appreciating those.

Anyway, I thought of updating my status about the passport renewal.

Submitted on 22nd Nov, and yesterday had the PV done. Let's see how long it might take to get my hand on the passport.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2011, 09:53   #483
Senior - BHPian
 
Behemoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,080
Thanked: 1,544 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
yes, there was an article highlighting this issue between the TCS & Passport office people. Anyway, things will be slow but keep going.

I remember the days when similar facility management was introduced in customs, and now I am sure both agents and commissioners are appreciating those.

Anyway, I thought of updating my status about the passport renewal.

Submitted on 22nd Nov, and yesterday had the PV done. Let's see how long it might take to get my hand on the passport.
I finally got my passport on 3rd December.. after 80 days of the application. In the online system, I had also put in a grievance on the 24th Nov, after which the processing probably happened. It is useful and is an internal escalation process - so for people who find a delay in their passports can use this.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 10:20   #484
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Guys, whats the procedure now for getting an appointment at the PSKs in Bangalore? Earlier, we could get an appointment if we tried the website at 8AM. A colleague of mine is trying to book an appointment but this 8AM method is not working. Heard that they have shifted the time for opening the booking to 6PM? And that unless you have high speed broadband, the website will die on you?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 16:08   #485
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 49 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, whats the procedure now for getting an appointment at the PSKs in Bangalore? Earlier, we could get an appointment if we tried the website at 8AM. A colleague of mine is trying to book an appointment but this 8AM method is not working. Heard that they have shifted the time for opening the booking to 6PM? And that unless you have high speed broadband, the website will die on you?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Amitoj
Start trying from 6:00 PM onwards. Doesnt matter if the connection is slow. There are enough slots available and if you keep trying you should be able to get it. The site can become a bit slow to respond sometimes, but keep refreshing and trying.
Overall very satisfied with the process - got my passport in 3 days flat.
vista_qjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 16:17   #486
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,012
Thanked: 3,455 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, whats the procedure now for getting an appointment at the PSKs in Bangalore? Earlier, we could get an appointment if we tried the website at 8AM. A colleague of mine is trying to book an appointment but this 8AM method is not working. Heard that they have shifted the time for opening the booking to 6PM? And that unless you have high speed broadband, the website will die on you?
Amitoj, try after 6PM. It shouldnt be all that difficult once you get to know the time after which the slots are released for booking. I was able to get my date of choice and also submitted my passport for re-issue. It's a different story that despite submitting my passport on the same day as mjothi, he has had the Police Verification completed, while no news of mine!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 10:16   #487
BHPian
 
joecherian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 547
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Have booked a slot for tomorrow. Surprisingly, the slots for tuesday was open on sunday evening itself and hence managed to get a slot.
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 11:23   #488
BHPian
 
joecherian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 547
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Can anyone give me the directions to Sai Arcade PSK when driving from Marthahalli to sarjapur road ORR junction.
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 11:42   #489
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It's a different story that despite submitting my passport on the same day as mjothi, he has had the Police Verification completed, while no news of mine!
Yup. It is strange. I am yet to get the passport and the status is still the same - waiting for PV!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Have booked a slot for tomorrow. Surprisingly, the slots for tuesday was open on sunday evening itself and hence managed to get a slot.
Yes, Sunday you can book for Tuesday. It shows Monday too, if any slot available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Can anyone give me the directions to Sai Arcade PSK when driving from Marthahalli to sarjapur road ORR junction.
Its right opp to the Intel office. Dont worry, there are huge signs where you need to take a U-Turn for Passport office. The moment you take a U-Turn, join the service road immd. Its little tough, but you can make it. Roads are not good. So, careful.

Then you will see the Hyundai showroom to your left, the building right next to it is Sai Arcade. You will have signs for paid parking, follow them. They are few meters after this building, take that left and park it in the marked area.

There is entrance from parking to the passport office. Its all well planned and marked.

Good luck.

Last edited by mjothi : 12th December 2011 at 11:44.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 21:12   #490
BHPian
 
twistwrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Yup. It is strange. I am yet to get the passport and the status is still the same - waiting for PV!!!



Yes, Sunday you can book for Tuesday. It shows Monday too, if any slot available.



Its right opp to the Intel office. Dont worry, there are huge signs where you need to take a U-Turn for Passport office. The moment you take a U-Turn, join the service road immd. Its little tough, but you can make it. Roads are not good. So, careful.

Then you will see the Hyundai showroom to your left, the building right next to it is Sai Arcade. You will have signs for paid parking, follow them. They are few meters after this building, take that left and park it in the marked area.

There is entrance from parking to the passport office. Its all well planned and marked.

Good luck.
Hi Maheshwaran,

I need to my passport reissued , since it would expire in april. i approaced an agent for this task. I was told the passport office charges are rs.1000 amd his service charge is rs.1000. Is it worth to go thru the agent to faster processing and all.
twistwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 12:40   #491
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
Hi Maheshwaran,

I need to my passport reissued , since it would expire in april. i approaced an agent for this task. I was told the passport office charges are rs.1000 amd his service charge is rs.1000. Is it worth to go thru the agent to faster processing and all.
Hey you dont need no agents here in Bangalore. I got mine reissued last year in just 1 week without any issues. You can apply for Tatkaal mode like I did (they seem to encourage it over there at the PSK!). You just need 3 Photo IDs with at least one of them having your current address. You can use LPG connection, landline bill, electicity bill (if its in your name), previous passport (if its same addr), bank statement, Voter ID etc and also an affidavit (Annex I, though in my case they didnt check it!). The procedure is very simple. Simply download the form from Passport Seva site, fill it and submit it, get an appointment (prefer morning slots), and you could be done in max 2 hours now at the PSK! I am really impressed, far cry from my first Passport Office experience in 2000 at the Delhi RPO where 1 KM long lines was the norm!

I got my daughter's done today morning. Its a breeze now at the PSK (Sai Kendra one, on ORR). I got appointment for today on Sunday evening (at about 8pm! I was surprised slots were still available). I was there at 9:15 and we got out by 10:30! The process was very simple really. As I already had passport with my present address, that was sufficient as address proof. We had to give the following docs for our child's passport:
1. Address Proof (My passport)
2. Both Parents Passport (Although my wife's has different address and my name is not there but it didnt matter. My passport has her name and this was sufficient).
3. Annex H on plain paper
4. Birth Certificate. (My daughter's name is not there on the Birth Certificate. So we had to write an application on plain paper to the Passport Officer regarding that).

I also carried one more address proof (LPG connection receipt) and one more ID proof (PAN cards) that were not used. I also carried our marriage certificate but they didnt ask for that either.

That is all! I applied in Tatkaal mode (as there might be some travel in the next month for us) and it was Granted. Now waiting it to be delivered!
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 13:46   #492
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,012
Thanked: 3,455 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

If there is an address updation in the passport, the police verification comes in. That's the biggest pain in the otherwise rather transformed system. That said, God bless 'em Passport Sevas. I totally loved the experience!

Now, twidling thumbs waiting for the police verification report.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 14:21   #493
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Banglore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If there is an address updation in the passport, the police verification comes in. That's the biggest pain in the otherwise rather transformed system. That said, God bless 'em Passport Sevas. I totally loved the experience!

Now, twidling thumbs waiting for the police verification report.
I am confused now.
Sometime during August i had applied for re-issue of my wife's passport and fresh application for my kids passport. My wife's previous passport was issued from a different city and even my current passport is also from Kerala. We got the passports without any PV, in flat within 10 days we got the passports. I had applied through normal channel.
Here is my experience.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2440042 (Passport Renewal Procedure)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2452683 (Passport Renewal Procedure)
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 14:25   #494
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,012
Thanked: 3,455 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Kavu, all i can say is you guys were fortunate. Both mjothi and myself are going through the same agonizing wait for the PV report. Both our passports had address changes involved.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 14:30   #495
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore/Gulbarga
Posts: 161
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Kavu, all i can say is you guys were fortunate. Both mjothi and myself are going through the same agonizing wait for the PV report. Both our passports had address changes involved.
+1. I am also in the same boat since August!
whitesquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatkaal application for passport nirmalts Shifting gears 205 22nd January 2014 14:04
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks