Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 12:16   #826
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
For PCC, all it mentions is that you require a valid ARN number, which means the file details need to be present online for the application.

I am going to the PSk on the 19th for the PCC. Looks like we can sync up on this.
Even the call center guy also says that I can straight away walk to the PSK. The only problem is that my friend says that even he was told the same. But when he actually went to PSK then the security did not allow him inside without the appointment. Looks like I have to make a trial run before taking the family with me.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 13:43   #827
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
For PCC, all it mentions is that you require a valid ARN number, which means the file details need to be present online for the application.

I am going to the PSk on the 19th for the PCC. Looks like we can sync up on this.
I went today. Alone since I was not sure if they will let us in for lack of appointment. Turns out that all you need is the ARN number.

No need to take appointments. Just walk-in with the required address proof(s).
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 12:16   #828
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I recently applied for passport renewal in Bangalore and it is in police verification status. Police had to verify both present and previous addresses. Then I found out that I had wrongly mentioned police station for my present address in my application (Instead of HAL, i mentioned as HSR). What would happen now? Would they send the application to correct police station or I need to visit RPO to get this fixed. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
marutiblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 13:51   #829
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 267
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Hi,

I too am applying for a reisuue of my passport to add wife's name and also issue a new passport for my daughter. Should I create a separate user name for my daughter?
I heard both applications can be processed on the same day at the PSK, how did your's happen?

Thank You

Vindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Try on a saturday or sunday evening. In my case I got it easily on sunday evening for both my and my daughter's passport. Mine were for passport.
VindyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 17:22   #830
BHPian
 
skumare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 84
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
I too am applying for a reisuue of my passport to add wife's name and also issue a new passport for my daughter. Should I create a separate user name for my daughter?
I heard both applications can be processed on the same day at the PSK, how did your's happen?
No need to create a separate id for your kid, as long as your id has space for uploading her application (only 3 are allowed I guess). Processing both the applications on the same day at the same PSK is possible, but you need to get appointments at the same PSK for the same session.
skumare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 23:15   #831
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Goa
Posts: 267
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Thanks a ton Kumare. I hope I'll get a hassle free issuance

Cheers

Vindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
No need to create a separate id for your kid, as long as your id has space for uploading her application (only 3 are allowed I guess). Processing both the applications on the same day at the same PSK is possible, but you need to get appointments at the same PSK for the same session.
VindyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 23:40   #832
Senior - BHPian
 
download2live's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,101
Thanked: 387 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by marutiblr View Post
I recently applied for passport renewal in Bangalore and it is in police verification status. Police had to verify both present and previous addresses. Then I found out that I had wrongly mentioned police station for my present address in my application (Instead of HAL, i mentioned as HSR). What would happen now? Would they send the application to correct police station or I need to visit RPO to get this fixed. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
The application will go to the Police station under which your address falls. Not the one you mentioned. I mentioned HSR while mine actually was falling under Madiwala.
If you are still in doubt then go to Police Commissioner office and tell them about it. If they have still not done the dispatch then provided that yours is a tatkaal they will do the same in front of you only. You can tell them the Police station under which your address falls.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 01:39   #833
BHPian
 
Arunshek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Heilbronn, DE
Posts: 66
Thanked: 36 Times
Thumbs up Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

The Passport Seva Kendra is indeed a great boon.
My wife and myself decided to update our passports with new address and spouse name. Our's was the Thane PSK, inside Dosti Pinnacle Wagle Estate. Got an appointment for 930AM 22 Jun Friday and by 12 noon we were done with filing our applications. The best past is, we got update (SMS and email) from PSK today that passports are dispatch thorough Speed Post.In short we will be getting our passports within a week.
I'm impressed, Kudos to TCS.
Procedure was simple,
1. As per the appointment time, security lets you inside and you need to get a Token and proceed to waiting area for 'A' counter
2. Token counter flashes and you go to 'A' Counter, get your self Photographed and biometric scan of Finger prints, all documents scanned and uploaded by them & you pay the processing fee here only. Then go to waiting area for 'B' counter.
3. A verification officer handles and checks all the originals. Then another waiting area for 'C' counter.
4. 'C' counter is the 'Passport granting counter', handled by Passport office employees. They cross verify the originals and done.
5. You go to exit counter collect your filing information. They asks you to fill a feedback form.
My only observation was they should increase the 'C' counters. You got around 25-30 'A' counters, 10-15 'B' counters but only 7 'C' counter and like typical 'Govt' office only 3 was operational. We breezed through A and B in 30 mins, but spent 90 mins waiting for C.

Nevertheless good experience, ambiance was nice, helpful employees and quick dispatch.
Arunshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 09:39   #834
BHPian
 
Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 276
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
2. Token counter flashes and you go to 'A' Counter, get your self Photographed and biometric scan of Finger prints, all documents scanned and uploaded by them & you pay the processing fee here only. Then go to waiting area for 'B' counter.
Does this mean that we do not have to scan and upload the original documents to their website. Also, do we need to take the photocopy of the original documents?

-- Wind
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 15:02   #835
BHPian
 
Arunshek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Heilbronn, DE
Posts: 66
Thanked: 36 Times
Post Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Does this mean that we do not have to scan and upload the original documents to their website. Also, do we need to take the photocopy of the original documents?

-- Wind
No, you have to upload the scanned originals in website while applying for appointment.
Yes, you need to take one set of photocopy also. PSK has a Photostat machine inside the building, so you can take it from there too, in case you missed one.
Arunshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 15:59   #836
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,972
Thanked: 3,390 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Does this mean that we do not have to scan and upload the original documents to their website. Also, do we need to take the photocopy of the original documents?

-- Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
No, you have to upload the scanned originals in website while applying for appointment.
Yes, you need to take one set of photocopy also. PSK has a Photostat machine inside the building, so you can take it from there too, in case you missed one.
Uploading the scanned documents from our side is not mandatory. The person at the PSK 'A' counter will do it for you. If you do it, you are just helping the person at the counter, with one less document to upload, that's all.

However, you would need to carry photocopies of all documents being submitted, on which they will ask you to self-attest in their presence before uploading to the website.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 10:08   #837
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
The application will go to the Police station under which your address falls. Not the one you mentioned. I mentioned HSR while mine actually was falling under Madiwala.
If you are still in doubt then go to Police Commissioner office and tell them about it. If they have still not done the dispatch then provided that yours is a tatkaal they will do the same in front of you only. You can tell them the Police station under which your address falls.
Thanks a lot, let me see check with local police station if they had received.
marutiblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 10:29   #838
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,249
Thanked: 590 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
The Passport Seva Kendra is indeed a great boon.
My wife and myself decided to update our passports with new address and spouse name. Our's was the Thane PSK, inside Dosti Pinnacle Wagle Estate. Got an appointment for 930AM 22 Jun Friday and by 12 noon we were done with filing our applications. The best past is, we got update (SMS and email) from PSK today that passports are dispatch thorough Speed Post.In short we will be getting our passports within a week.
I'm impressed, Kudos to TCS.
Procedure was simple,
1. As per the appointment time, security lets you inside and you need to get a Token and proceed to waiting area for 'A' counter
2. Token counter flashes and you go to 'A' Counter, get your self Photographed and biometric scan of Finger prints, all documents scanned and uploaded by them & you pay the processing fee here only. Then go to waiting area for 'B' counter.
3. A verification officer handles and checks all the originals. Then another waiting area for 'C' counter.
4. 'C' counter is the 'Passport granting counter', handled by Passport office employees. They cross verify the originals and done.
5. You go to exit counter collect your filing information. They asks you to fill a feedback form.
My only observation was they should increase the 'C' counters. You got around 25-30 'A' counters, 10-15 'B' counters but only 7 'C' counter and like typical 'Govt' office only 3 was operational. We breezed through A and B in 30 mins, but spent 90 mins waiting for C.

Nevertheless good experience, ambiance was nice, helpful employees and quick dispatch.
Hi Arunshek, Even I got my passport renewed yesterday from the Thane PSK as per appointment and am very impressed by the systems. You do not need to upload any scanned copies, just carry 2 copies of your relevant documents and they take car of the rest.

Even I share the same opinion about the counter, A and B are a breeze, where as the people from the C counter are typical Government employees and make a huge bottleneck there. Have mentioned the same in the feedback form.

All in all a very good experience and was unnecessarily worried about what should be taken, what not etc.
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 15:24   #839
BHPian
 
rm_arjuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 445
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

had taken appointment yday to renew my passport , after waiting for 2hrs in line for documents verification was issued token to enter inside and after that entire process got completed in less than 10mins .

checked late night in the portal , it is already updated and pending for PCC .

Can i print the format available online and contact my local police station for PCC or should i wait till they turn up for verification .

Was the passport mela open only for last weekend ,need to apply for my kids passport aswell.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 22:25   #840
BHPian
 
Arunshek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Heilbronn, DE
Posts: 66
Thanked: 36 Times
Post Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Does this mean that we do not have to scan and upload the original documents to their website. Also, do we need to take the photocopy of the original documents?

-- Wind
One more thing, don't bring any laptop if you are going alone, as they don't permit it inside the premises. One guy had brought it, he was not allowed inside. Later he had to call one of his friends to come and collect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Hi Arunshek, Even I got my passport renewed yesterday from the Thane PSK as per appointment and am very impressed by the systems. You do not need to upload any scanned copies, just carry 2 copies of your relevant documents and they take car of the rest.

Even I share the same opinion about the counter, A and B are a breeze, where as the people from the C counter are typical Government employees and make a huge bottleneck there. Have mentioned the same in the feedback form.

All in all a very good experience and was unnecessarily worried about what should be taken, what not etc.
Good to know. well our passports got delivered yesterday. Where I was thinking two months and now I have it within a week. I wonder then, how quick is Tatkal?.
Arunshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tatkaal application for passport nirmalts Shifting gears 205 22nd January 2014 14:04
Passport Expired in US bkishore_77 Shifting gears 21 27th May 2011 13:40
Found one Dutch Passport on Street- What to do? Ym-enjn Shifting gears 49 18th January 2009 13:01
Passport Details : Not Secret haryan Shifting gears 13 22nd January 2006 00:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks