| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th October 2005, 23:35||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 383 Times
Beating Monday Morning Blues
got this in a forward - thought most of us might need it .
There's actually a scientific explanation behind those dreaded Monday morning blues. Our internal clocks naturally operate on a day that is longer than 24 hours. By the time Monday rolls around each week, we've built up a sleep deficit of at least an hour. Of course, the weekend revelries and facing another work week don't help matters. Here are some tips to make Monday mornings a little easier.
1. If you can, sleep in an extra hour on Monday mornings. Going to bed early on Sunday night doesn't always help because most people will remain awake until their usual bedtime.
2. If you can't sleep in by a full hour (and most of us can't), take action Sunday night to shorten your morning preparation time so that you can set the alarm for 15 minutes later than usual. Wash your hair, pack lunches, lay out your outfit or pack your briefcase on Sunday night.
3. Hop out of bed the moment you wake up on Monday morning. Lingering in that downy comforter will only draw out the agony.
4. End your shower with a jolt of cold water to tear yourself out of your grogginess. Or exercise in the morning to get your blood pumping and to release those feel-good endorphins.
5. Get out in the sunlight. Bright light tells your body that it is indeed the morning and helps reset your internal clock.
6. Drink coffee or another caffeine beverage. Although it's not healthy to drink caffeine to the point of addiction, caffeine, when used in moderation, can give your Monday mornings that much-needed oomph and alertness.
7. Anticipate your Monday morning on Friday afternoon. Fight the temptation to race away from a messy desk. Clean up your desk and leave yourself a to-do list to make Monday morning a little more tolerable.
Take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in feeling miserable on Monday morning. There are millions of folks out there feeling the same way.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Renault: No cheat device found, but its cars exceed emission limits. Stock price takes a beating||katchkamalesh||The International Automotive Scene||24||24th May 2017 07:38|
|Ford Ikon : Drum Beating sound?||BinFord||Technical Stuff||22||13th December 2012 22:47|
|Monday Morning Greens||PGA||Travelogues||3||19th August 2012 15:17|
|Jaguar XF Retains Best Executive Car of the Year Beating Beemer & Merc||nishant_kingpin||The International Automotive Scene||0||10th February 2009 05:46|