Almost Never 71 77.17%
If there is no traffic coming i sneak through 9 9.78%
If there is no cop I try to jump 3 3.26%
Only if somebody else jumps, i follow 7 7.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th October 2005, 11:58   #16
BHPian

Voted for Almost never - in my car
on my bike, 95% I would say, the rest 5% is probably when everyone else jumps the signal when there is no traffic on other sides of roads or very late at night on empty roads or I am in a terrible rush.

But thesedays I try to relax while driving/riding since the traffic/roads situation will prolly create a BP problm for me if I dont do that, hence I am not in a hurry generally..
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:24   #17
BHPian

i've never jumped a red light for as long as i can remember ... but do speed across when i've just hit the intersection and the green has turned to orange ... i think it is permitted by law that u can cross an intersection when the light is orange. many times i get pissed off at those stupid moronic drivers who keep honking even though the red light is on.

@dadudeonfire, amitoj is correct, u need to chill a bit ... i don't think you would gain much time by jumping a red light. u'll just put ur life and others at risk. not that i am trying to lecture u or something, but the traffic lights are there for a reason.

s

Last edited by satan_crazy : 7th October 2005 at 12:26.
satan_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Naah... The title of worst drivers goes to underaged traffic light jumping kids.
Did you ever realise that narian karthikeyan started driving when he was 12(read underage)and today he is one of the fastest indians and the best!!!

I too am underage and i dont see anything wrong in driving as long as i dont put the life of the public in danger(by driving rash)

Many of the underage drivers have learnt how to drive by themselves compared to the 40+ people going to driving schools and driving without lane discipline etc etc.This is one fact that you guys must learn to appreciate

The point that i am trying to make is that people who drive underage are not the worst when it comes to driving.Though we may get tempted when someone pisses us of, we know our limits!!(what say dadude??)

regards
binz

ps:this is the link to narains life
http://www.dailypioneer.com/indexn12...&counter_img=1

pps:no offence to anyone

Last edited by binz : 7th October 2005 at 12:43.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:32   #19
BHPian

I vote almost never.
I hate these people who jump the lights. And the countdown timers that have been installed at most signals seem to have just made matters worse. Once it reaches about 5 people start jumping the lights. Its something i just cant understand.

I wonder if all the timers at the signals are removed, and if the signal is made random whether things would help. . Totally impractical of course, but was wondering if people didnt know when the light would turn green if they would stop jumping the light. heh

Sometimes at night though when the roads are completely empty, i might jump a signal. Not just run through the light, but stop, and if there was no traffic anywhere then cross. So i couldnt say that i never jump a red light, but almost never.
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

coming back to the topic,i have never jumped a light in my car(repeat never);on the kinetic maybe once or twice.In bangalore the lights are usually switched off during the nights and early mornings or have the yellow light flashing.

binz
Old 7th October 2005, 12:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

anush,
I wonder what's that "aggressive" doing in ur ID.
;-)
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
anush,
I wonder what's that "aggressive" doing in ur ID.
;-)
Heh.. that aggressive in my id is for the people behind me who honk at me when the light is red.
aggressive_anush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:50   #23
BANNED

completely agree with binz dude...guys i love my car ..and my life...i know that if i do 1 big mistake...it will be very difficult for my family to get me out of it...because i am underrage...so i kinda drive very carefully and even while breaking a signal..i make sure by lookin left right and everywhere and then cross....and this msotly happens early mornings...
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 12:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Sometimes at night though when the roads are completely empty, i might jump a signal. Not just run through the light, but stop, and if there was no traffic anywhere then cross. So i couldnt say that i never jump a red light, but almost never.
very true in my case
Old 7th October 2005, 13:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
dont you think....for no reason you are talking too much...???if im in a hurry for some work..exam or anything....
Why dont you learn to start early then?
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 13:33   #26
BANNED

arre dude..what i meant was that if..IFFFFFF im late for something...then i break the signal and stuff...to reach on time...and i see to it that the road is clear and no chance of banging...
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 13:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

i do jump the red light sometimes when there is no traffic..

O.T
comon guys first you ask for a honest answer and when some one tries to be honest all of you just pounce on the poor soul....i dont dont think anything is wrong if there is no traffic around and u jump the red light after looking around...and especially if you are late...and plz dont try to force your ideas on others and attack them personally.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 14:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
blah blah blah blah..narain karthikeyan...and some more blah blah blah
Here is what i said... with the important part highlighted in bold this time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
The title of worst drivers goes to underaged traffic light jumping kids

Last edited by amitoj : 7th October 2005 at 14:46.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 14:49   #29
BHPian

Almost Never:

Well paid up 100 bucks for jumping the signal once... Have been carefull since then...

I guess i am never in such a hurry that I need to jump a signal to catch up with time..

-haque
Haque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2005, 15:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
There have been times when I held up traffic behind me because of red light. I have even shouted at ppl honking at me, and showed thme the signal.

but times when I am not in mood and have no energy/time to preach, I follow the mob.

spot on !! i always show them the light and some times even the finger if they continue to honk .

i barely jump signals.infact uptill now i have jumped about 3.two at electric house.actually they are supposed to be free left but were red bacuasue the green man was on.and i didnt notice that and took off and once late in the night at breach candy.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote